Grafting?

• Thread starter Bluenote
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bluenote

I was thinking about it , was wondering has anyone here done anything with grafting as regards the cannabis plant?

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

I cant remember who, but someone here grafted 4 or so strains on one mother plant. I think it was to keep plant numbers in check. Worked tho. Pretty cool actually! He was able to take cuts of diff strains off 1 mom. Keep searching, you should find it. GL bro, -PDX

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

Grafting cannabis is easy. You may even graft it onto a cousin species, hops, if you'd like some real camouflage...

T

TreFarmer

yessir... a couple times...

--->technique well described page 40 'Marijuana Botany' by Robert Connell Clarke

you can also put two cuts of similar feeding/growth patterns together in a cube and graft the main stock. I feel this will give a better result as both mothers have roots from their stem. Thus giving a possibly better nutrient absorption for the plant above.
...I have also seen one vigorous plant overtake another and steal nutrients so THIS may not be the case...

just a few thoughts for your thread...

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

I am wondering if I can graft my young clone to the mothers larger root system after harvest. I would like to speed up my clones if they aren't to a happy size when I harvest. Anyone care to chime in on this?

DrFever

DrFever

well clones would be getting 12 12 there fore they would flower on you same as mother plant

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

well clones would be getting 12 12 there fore they would flower on you same as mother plant
What if you grafted a reg clone onto an autoflowering plant, would the hormonal change in the auto cause the cutting to flower even on 18/6?

DrFever

DrFever

What if you grafted a reg clone onto an autoflowering plant, would the hormonal change in the auto cause the cutting to flower even on 18/6?
idunno as i do not grow auto's possibly??? but i would doubt it. thats a good question
but having a plant in flower not auto i mean reg plant on 12 / 12 and you grafted a clone on it the clone wold flower if it was on 18 6 and you grafted it would remain in veg
MY guess with auto if you grafted onto it would die the clone just a guess

H

happy b

The grafted clone still reacts the same.it only draws energy from the plant its grafted too.
the guys at the dampkring did a utube vid were they grafted a few plants onto one mother.it worked good.

H

happy b

I am wondering if I can graft my young clone to the mothers larger root system after harvest. I would like to speed up my clones if they aren't to a happy size when I harvest. Anyone care to chime in on this?
The clone stems would need to be roughly the same diameter as the branch you plan to graft it too but it should work if you do it righ.

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

I'm talking about when I chop mother down, take her completely off and as soon as I cut it off, if the clone main stem is close in size, kinda more of a "transplant" (think organ donor) it onto the larger root system of its original mother. Would it survive and work if I did it fast enough?

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I'm talking about when I chop mother down, take her completely off and as soon as I cut it off, if the clone main stem is close in size, kinda more of a "transplant" (think organ donor) it onto the larger root system of its original mother. Would it survive and work if I did it fast enough?

Even if it did work, it would likely take her so long to recoup it would be moot, considering you're trying to graft to speed up the growth process. I would stick with regular clones, just take them earlier so you aren't dealing with too small of plants.

I have a couple buddies in Denver who graft in mid-veg to keep their plant numbers down, they grow 9 strains off 3 bushes. That's an ideal use for grafting.

H

happy b

Not sure about way down to a stump but if you left a decent bit of stem on and did it right it should work.like adding an indica with small roots system onto a sativa with a large root system?yeah it should work.if its just to see how/if it works i say go for it but if your trying to acheive something fast it may take time so do it with something your not afraid to lose.

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

I took 2 clones off of her, was gonna take one more for the experiment. Would a root system that is too big hurt a clone that is a fraction of the size?

C

Chrisbama

I know this is an old thread but thought maybe someone did some experiments with grafting.
I am curious if You could graft on to a perennial root stock to have a perennial cannabis plant.
I would also like to know more about grafting it with fruits and or vegetables.
Anyone still around?

Homesteader

Homesteader

You need to have the same species to take hold. With apples the rootstock controls certain elements of the plant such as size, disease resistance and vigor. Quality rootstock is just as important as variety and can be selected based on what the grower is looking to achieve. This is why the same varieties are grafted to dwarfing rootstock to control the size of the plant by controlling the size of the roots. Grafting cannabis to anything but cannabis may live and work for a bit but it wont do what you want in the long run.

Top Bottom