grams per meters squared????

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

danko

how many plants is in a square meter when the seed companies speak of 400 to 500 grams per square (or cubed) meter? also is that a dried cured weight? i mean i could fit 60 small plants in a square meter or anywhere from 1 to 4 buckets in the same area...feel my pain? any claraficatoin would be great.
thanks.

G

GroHi

Yeah, most of the yield measurements are kinda bunk... especially the crap from the seed banks that get printed in g/m2... it depends on sooooooo many variables (not least of which is total plant counts) that such a claim is irresponsible. And regardless, even if there was a "standard" in place by which all seed co gauge their g/m2, then I would venture to guess some/most would just lie anyway... no accountability in this market.

Here's a decent yield estimate based on Mel Thomas that is based on plant numbers & style. It is assumed that you have skilz & are doin a pretty damn good job & there will be a lot variance depending upon a lot of variables, but here ya go...

SOG (super small, crammed together tight) @ 10-14g per plant. I've found some as low as 7 with others as high as 20, so...

Medium Plants/SCROG @ 20-70g per plant... depending upon how big each plant & how extensive the training & genetics & ...

Pretty damn big bush (inside) @ 100-125 per plant... depending upon a lot.

That covers the range you listed. Peace brother... hope this helps as a general guideline!

B

baggins

things like how it is grown, hydro, soil, coco, ect. Light is probably the biggest variable. 3x3 space can handle 400w, 600w, or 1000w...which do you think will give you the highest yield?

D

danko

ya that helps Grohi. at least on this site there seems to be some accountability. thats why im here. if your seeds are bunk you can tell everyone who is ordering them. i like that about this site. and ya baggins, i used to try and spread out my 600s to cover a big cannopy but now im gonna slam em next to eachother and really blaze these plants with some serious wattage to get the most out of em!! i just orded my c99bx1 from mosca and killing fields f2 from ummmm sannie, yeah sannie seeds. im scrogging em both. if i can get 50gs per plant or more id be hella stoked! im going to journal them both so i guess we'll all see. thanks bros!

G

GroHi

Peace Danko. Like baggins said, so many variables...

It's not en vogue anymore, but the SOG with many single stalks always produced the best yield of top-grade nugs all the way around, but that's just my experiences. I'm sure if you grew massive trees you could yield more, just have a lot of low-mid grade gear. You have to balance that w total plant counts in your area. Peace.

D

danko

Peace Danko. Like baggins said, so many variables...

It's not en vogue anymore, but the SOG with many single stalks always produced the best yield of top-grade nugs all the way around, but that's just my experiences. I'm sure if you grew massive trees you could yield more, just have a lot of low-mid grade gear. You have to balance that w total plant counts in your area. Peace.

are you sayen larger plants wont produce as good quality as sog? my area (state,county) is measured by dried weight if i get busted(under 2000g is a misdor menor). id do sog all day if is wasnt for fed limits of 99 girls. shit i can fit 96 chicks per 4x6 tray and ive got 3 trays(plus clones and momz)! going with a scrog to see if i can get similar yields...without the stress of possible fed charges! lol well not really lol. Peace bros

L

l33t

danko,

they dont talk about plant numbers usually as different plant numbers in the same setup can yield the same, bigger plants with a higher yield per plant or many small less yielding plants, its all the same more or less.

GroHi,

"Yeah, most of the yield measurements are kinda bunk... especially the crap from the seed banks that get printed in g/m2... it depends on sooooooo many variables (not least of which is total plant counts) that such a claim is irresponsible"

A strain that is said to yield 500g per square meter usually this is with minimum 600w for that growing area. For example MrNice seedbank gives yields per square meter for that kind of lighting setup and their numbers are quite accurate as far as I m concerned with my experience with their different lines. Btw they use 42plant SOG in 4 liter pots.

I know most seed cos just print a number but not all companies state lies or print false numbers. Most do but still some give a good approximation of the yields a grower can pull of per square meter.
If a seed co feeds you BS and lies be it regarding origin of plants , yields or whatever..then I don't see why one would keep buying their seed.

G

GroHi

l33t- I wholeheartedly agree... there most certainly are reputable breeders/companies, which is one of the nicer things about this location. Nonetheless, one such company actually exists here as well. But as you noted, some just toss a number or don't bother to stabilize their gear or toss preme'd beans in the box to finish out a run or...

Didn't mean to include everyone with my lament. Peace to all here.

Danko- from my experience, if you grow a huge tree & don't bother to trim at all, the yield can also be huge but the nugs of lower grade. When I've grown really tight single colas, my yield was also good though nugs of top grade all the way around. I actually miss growing that way... the problem is plant counts as most MMj laws seem to go by this, along w total meds one can possess. Peace.

Top Bottom