• Start date
  • Tagged users None
mancdank

mancdank

1 gram per 1 watt of light
so 560g/600w = .93g/w is right
but that shit an't true no more....
3 grams per watt is the NEW

also if you smokin your own you did just fine!
3g per watt loooool I need to see this :)

LI grows

LI grows

I can see 3g/w. I was yielding 1.6 g/w with Liberty haze clones over 9 week period. those plants on average were 1.3 ounce per plant. New strain Red Cherry Berry from seed and a little more time in the veg chamber yielded 2.6Zs in the same room. this is it at 10 weeks . Those are big dense heavy buds. Not as strong as Liberty Haze, but very nice smoke and a high yielder.
Unknown 16 1

LI grows

LI grows

My bloom chamber is 7'x9' and 2000 watts now.
gavita 1000
nanolux 600
3-132watt Mars Leds.
My goal is:
i flip 8 and harvest 8 plants per week. i was doing this for a while before my breeding experiment went bad and hermed and seeded my room.
Anyway...Plant start out on one side of the room and end on the other. plant groups that are in weeks 4-5-6 are in the center of the room and directly under the hps lights. by the 8th week they are leaning on the far wall from the the week 1 group.

Thats my method and i believe its the most efficient grams per watt growing style. With proper topping and main lining - lolly popping,some training SOG, etc.

Im in HF soil and my room is so crowded i have to remove about a dozen smaller group 1 &2 plants to get in there to water every 3-4th day. I have a 1000w work light outside the chamber... I was using AN nutes, but now im trying Emerald Harvest with AN base Hydroguard, Rapid Start, . occaisionally i use Humboldt Secret (5ml per gal)to make it easier.

I mix 10 gals at a time at 1200 ppm water it down to about 800 ading Over drive in the weeks 7-8.
Week 1 gets Bud blood and voodoojuice , week 2 is the last week of voodoo.
I dont own a PH pen.

Ive only been growing 1-1/2 years i can see 3 grams per watt in my future, or close to it.

Last edited:
mancdank

mancdank

My bloom chamber is 7'x9' and 2000 watts now.
gavita 1000
nanolux 600
3-132watt Mars Leds.
My goal is:
i flip 8 and harvest 8 plants per week. i was doing this for a while before my breeding experiment went bad and hermed and seeded my room.
Anyway...Plant start out on one side of the room and end on the other. plant groups that are in weeks 4-5-6 are in the center of the room and directly under the hps lights. by the 8th week they are leaning on the far wall from the the week 1 group.

Thats my method and i believe its the most efficient grams per watt growing style. With proper topping and main lining - lolly popping,some training SOG, etc.

Ive only been growing 1-1/2 years i can see 3 grams per watt in my future, or close to it.
Yes u will get a little bump on top with using 400v lights but 3 G per watt is dislusional

LI grows

LI grows

Ill be happy with 2 or 2.5 grams perr watt.

Theoretically:
8 plants per week at 72 grams per plant over a 10 week period. 5,760 grams from 2000 watts of light. 2.88 g/w
Math is correct. lol
Of course i would rnd 2.88 up to 2.9 and 2.9 up to 3 grams per watt BABY.

Last edited:
mancdank

mancdank

Ill be happy with 2 or 2.5 grams perr watt.

Theoretically:
8 plants per week at 72 grams per plant over a 10 week period. 7200 grams from 2000 watts of light. 3.6 g/w
Lol u need to re do the maths bro :)

LI grows

LI grows

Dried and Cured..even at 1.3g/w im killing it. I know there is a lot of room for improvement. Good shit too. Red Cherry Berry on the left and Liberty Haze on right.
Unknown 17

Last edited:
mancdank

mancdank

Dried and Cured..even at 1.3g/w im killing it. I know there is a lot of room for improvement. Good shit too. Red Cherry Berry on the left and Liberty Haze on right.View attachment 609576
What do u think of the taste of the red cherry berry ??? The 1 I done smelt real nice but was lacking in flavour

LI grows

LI grows

Room for improvement there as well..
Compared to LH RcB has more flavor and aroma. Really nice smell sometimes its harsh rolled up in paper. I prefer smoking Liberty Haze tho.
Maybe i dry it too much too fast. trying to prevent browning. Bright green has better bag appeal.

Im experimenting with Terpinator, bud factor X and Honey chrome. Probably gonna settle on alternating terpinator and honey chrome.

Nutrient price is not a concern, Im way under $100 per pound, i havent done the math yet because im trying to use up bottles of AN still.

Hydro store dude mentioned "Bannanna Yanna " for flush. i havent tried it yet. lol

I was happy with AN nutes, but its too complicated with 9 groups of 8 plants.

P.S. And i eat steak for breakfast. :-)

Last edited:
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I'm sure almost all of you are familiar with the g/watt ratio as measure of one's growing efficiency. Simple though that seems, I have a question (surprise, surprise). Is the ratio calculated from the total wattage of your lights, or from the total wattage your lights burn *for the duration* of the flowering cycle?

For example, say you have a 600W flowering light, and over a three month flowering cycle, you pull down 560 dry grams. 560g/600W=.93g/W. However, during that time, you would've used 2700W of juice, running that light on a 12 hour cycle. 560g/27000W=.02g/W, and that can't be right.

So what's the appropriate (and accurate) way to measure your growing efficiency in g/W?

Thanks for reading! Just lookin' to see how I stack up. I think I'm bored... :D

I also agree with this concept. I've often thought the old way was not an accurate measure of efficiency.

Let's say you can grow 4 plants or 1 big bush in your space. The 4 plants would reach full capacity much faster than 1. But if you grew/trained 1 plant over 4x as long you could reach the same amount. Only it would cost you more $$ in electricity.

So I personally think recording your electrical useage from start to finish. Then using the grams and total watts is the most accurate way to determine efficiency.

mancdank

mancdank

This is getting more complicated than it needs to be it's this simple gpw = how many grams per watt of energy so if your running a 1000w light and u get 1000 gram that is 1 gpw how much it costs u to produce this doesn't matter the foods electric and what ever else u have to pay for doesn't effect this at all we call this expenses which gets deducted and that will give u how much $$$ u have made. So when all said and done it's not just about gpw it's about efficiency a guy can get 1 gpw and take 6 months to get a crop out and others can do it in less than 3 months and still get 1 gpw

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
My last grow only cost me $60 in electricity (772kwh). But since I had 4 males out of 5 my total. What I ended up with was 1.5oz. If 1 kwh is 1000 watts for 1hr. Then I used 772,000 watts over 105 days from seed. That includes anything electrical connected to the tent (fans, lights, air pumps for nutrient aeration, fan controller etc).

That means 772,000 watts divided by 42 grams equals .0005440415 grams per watt of electricity used.

If I had 5 females I theoretically could have pulled 7oz or 196 grams.
772,000÷196=0.000253886
grams per watt used.

If done the old way 42grams÷400watt light=.105gpw.

LI grows

LI grows

Well then there should be an American Standard means to measure g/w...LOL
This isn't a contest, I would like to know how im doing compared to others and comparing previous grows of my own. I dont like to include the veg time because i have abundance of plants that have no where to go at times, probably gonna have to unnecessarily cut tops off soon.
I dont include AC , Heat or Fans just lights. these change with the seasons.
If anyone is trying to reach 3g/w then forget AC, Fan and measure just light.
9 week strain or 10 or 11 is the only thing that varies.
whats the formula?
My formula was based on a 9 week strain, but now i have a higher yielding 10 week strain as well and i would like to compare the two.

The time in the flower room has to be part of the formula somehow.
This is getting very complicated.
Grams/Flower Power Watts

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Well then there should be an American Standard means to measure g/w...LOL

I dont include AC , Heat or Fans just lights. these change with the seasons.
If anyone is trying to reach 3g/w then forget AC, Fan and measure just light.
9 week strain or 10 or 11 is the only thing that varies.
whats the formula?

I believe that any thing burning electricity. That wouldn't be needed/running if you weren't growing. Should be counted because it is part of the dynamic equation.

If I for example built a grow shed. I would have an electrical meter directly measuring the draw of the entire room. This would give most accurate representation of how much total electricity it takes for a full round.

Latest posts

Top Bottom