Grease Monkey

• Thread starter SimplyCmplex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

eastcoastled

You drop your temps at the end to make em go so purple or they just go on their own? My friends running few different phenos of GM he's dropping temps way low and everything else in the room purple as hell cept the GMs. Everything looks phenomenal btw:D
Temps will only make a purple strain more purple, but it has to be in the genetics in the first place.
here is GM run in the winter with 55 degree nights.
P1000028

here is a clone of that plant run in the summer with 70 degree nights
P1000445

the gg4 dom pheno will not turn purple no matter what, it stays green in the same conditions.

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Aha I see... Well I think we've got a couple gg4 dom phenos then. One of the 3 has purped up now. Beautiful buds dude... what's the flavor /smell like on yours?

My gg4 leaners are straight up sour chemy funk. The gsc leaners...quick insert...(I've grown gsc a handful of times, I know the smell a mile away) these gals were cookie overload..took about a quarter to a friend's to sample...hours later when I got back in the car...it smelled like it had been in there the entire time. Stupid loud!

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

My gg4 leaners are straight up sour chemy funk. The gsc leaners...quick insert...(I've grown gsc a handful of times, I know the smell a mile away) these gals were cookie overload..took about a quarter to a friend's to sample...hours later when I got back in the car...it smelled like it had been in there the entire time. Stupid loud!
What is the cookie smell? If you could describe it....I'm on the east coast and have never had the pleasure...I know what she looks like, ive seen enough pictures of gsc to spot her a mile away. I've got some CnC going now and was wondering what smells I should be looking for.

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

What is the cookie smell? If you could describe it....I'm on the east coast and have never had the pleasure...I know what she looks like, ive seen enough pictures of gsc to spot her a mile away. I've got some CnC going now and was wondering what smells I should be looking for.

Here goes..there's a handful of different phenos. I've never smelled the "thin mint" pheno. The ones I've had, along with these cookie leaners...are straight up classic OG smell, slightly sweetened jetfuel. It's a very distinct smell!

E

eastcoastled

Aha I see... Well I think we've got a couple gg4 dom phenos then. One of the 3 has purped up now. Beautiful buds dude... what's the flavor /smell like on yours?
The coookie leaner(pictured) was like a vanilla air freshener dipped in catpiss. You could also get chocolate and maybe a black pepper smell depending on if it was jarred for a while, but crack a bud, and it's straight funk. One of the most complex smells of anything i grow, and the best taste. Roll a joint, and the first hit tastes as good as the last.

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

You must have some good ears cuz you grow beautiful flowers! I see in another thread you've got the cherry fire pie I've some of those I've yet to pop. Look forward to seeing how that comes out for you. I'm sure it'll be straight fire like everything else you grow!:D

Very kind words. All in all...it starts with genetics. You run a shit strain, you'll grow shit flowers. If you start with nice genetics, all you have to do is finish it nice. I just scream inside when I see great work (strains) just being abused.

I understand it's easy to get overwhelmed with the different lights, food, and such. All folks have to do is slow down, and read. Everything needed is published, heck even video'd. I wanna see everyone growing be proud of their investment/accomplishment.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Very kind words. All in all...it starts with genetics. You run a shit strain, you'll grow shit flowers. If you start with nice genetics, all you have to do is finish it nice. I just scream inside when I see great work (strains) just being abused.

I understand it's easy to get overwhelmed with the different lights, food, and such. All folks have to do is slow down, and read. Everything needed is published, heck even video'd. I wanna see everyone growing be proud of their investment/accomplishment.
It becomes like a Vulcan Mind Meld. If you listen you become one with your plants!!!!

Nineandfive

Nineandfive

Alrighty chopped the others down as well, had 1 other heavy cookie leaner...the others appear to lean gg4. Strong chemy nose. Pics...everyone loves pics. The gg4 leaners all colored the same, with the same nose...
View attachment 664328

The cookie leaner is so purdy with a super loud cookie nose...she did her thing..View attachment 664329 View attachment 664330 View attachment 664331

Bonus shot...guess who? 5 days in flower...I see you shining!!! She'll be wearing some pretty colors!View attachment 664332

Your pics are awesome and your grow looks stellar. I just finished a GM run. Actually just chopped all 5 Females down 3 days ago. 3 of mine looked somewhat close to yours. But 2 of mine well one I have no clue what pheno side it leaned to. And the other the buds were half purple and half green. The weirdo I have grew like gg#4 stretchy all over the place but smells like creamy vanilla soak with kerosene

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Your pics are awesome and your grow looks stellar. I just finished a GM run. Actually just chopped all 5 Females down 3 days ago. 3 of mine looked somewhat close to yours. But 2 of mine well one I have no clue what pheno side it leaned to. And the other the buds were half purple and half green. The weirdo I have grew like gg#4 stretchy all over the place but smells like creamy vanilla soak with kerosene

Good stuff! Get some pics up. We luv pics here, I'd luv to see.

Nineandfive

Nineandfive

These are the best pics I have on hand. Not the greatest but the run was kinda quick just to see what I could find.

The weirdo is the one in the middle of the tent And in the single pic. Why it was weird was the stems were pure purple leaves had a slight twist on them and there was NO hint of deficiency. It was never topped and the buds come harvest turned the plant so top heavy they were falling over. 3 gallon grow bags which I don't normally use. Just in pheno hunting

IMG 20170105 194105 563
IMG 20170105 194605 550
Nineandfive

Nineandfive

I would post a end pic... but honestly. It's kinda embarrassing lol. The plants had good 1.5 inch stalks on them but they were all so top heavy I couldn't keep them standing. It was the first time I ever had that problem.

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

These are the best pics I have on hand. Not the greatest but the run was kinda quick just to see what I could find.

The weirdo is the one in the middle of the tent And in the single pic. Why it was weird was the stems were pure purple leaves had a slight twist on them and there was NO hint of deficiency. It was never topped and the buds come harvest turned the plant so top heavy they were falling over. 3 gallon grow bags which I don't normally use. Just in pheno hunting

Nice man, yeah I see what you mean. Leaves are funky. Sometimes the lean can go towards the strains that make up the original crosses.

Nineandfive

Nineandfive

Nice man, yeah I see what you mean. Leaves are funky. Sometimes the lean can go towards the strains that make up the original crosses.

So after 3 weeks of a good cure that weirdo of mine smells in the jar like pure deep dark chocolate. I haven't grown cookies and Cream before so not sure what that smells like. But the only thing I can think of is Chocolate Thai is a grandparent to gg4?

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

So after 3 weeks of a good cure that weirdo of mine smells in the jar like pure deep dark chocolate. I haven't grown cookies and Cream before so not sure what that smells like. But the only thing I can think of is Chocolate Thai is a grandparent to gg4?

Not as far as I can research. Sour dubb and a clone of Chemdog make up gorilla glue #4. There's no chocolate thai in either of those. But if that's what it smells like, sounds like goodness! :)

Nineandfive

Nineandfive

Not as far as I can research. Sour dubb and a clone of Chemdog make up gorilla glue #4. There's no chocolate thai in either of those. But if that's what it smells like, sounds like goodness! :)

Sorry my mistake. Not Chocolate Thai, ... Leafly has GG4 with Sour Dub, Chems Sister AND Chocolate Diesel not thai.. my bad

Top Bottom