Green Algae

• Thread starter Madbud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbud

Madbud

Green algae growing on my watering reservoir, seems to be ok, noticed it late last summer and didn’t see any negative effects, any thoughts?

Green algae
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Yeah those algae should be good for the plants right? I mean aren’t kelp and algae related? At least it couldn’t hurt. DEFINITELY NOT A BIOLOGIST.
Maybe you can grow them in a couple of jugs and dry them and turn them into powder and voilà, you have.. well something.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

If it's gets too big it could starve and stop producing oxygen during the day,while continuing to consume oxygen at night.

If you black it out now your water will be black and stagnant in a few days as it dies off.

Kepster

Kepster

I run 1" PVC from a pump in my RO tank along the wall feeding manifolds with sprinkler heads buried in my beds and even though they are white, light penetrates through the PVC. When this was brought to my attention I tore everything down to to replace it with new blacked out (spray painted) PVC.

Im no biologist either but I like to err on the side of caution. I would clean it out or replace it & black it out.

Top Bottom