Greenhouse Opinions

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Sooo... Only commercial guys know or care about greenhouses?
Did u ever get any good suggestions @1diesel1 ?
I am gonna start researching a small one. 10 x 12?
I would like something permanent that can withstand NE winters.
Lets get this thread going man!?
How's the injury? Hope ur doing well.
I’ve put my greenhouse aspirations aside for now.
I got to get out the garage grow! Bugs are irritating the hell out of me!! I can’t correctly control my environment!!!!

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Building the jig is the hardest part IMO. It took me forever to grasp how to get the layout done. His video and plans have a few things that are missing though but overall they are decent. I would recommend painting the struts to protect them though (at least on the part that is touching the plastic). Let me know if you need some help or info. IN the video it makes it seem like he is using 2x2s but in fact they are 1x1s that are glued together to bend easier. I bought the plans from this guy (shamrock Aquaponics) but decided to change it up a bit. Mine is 18' across instead of 16' like his plans (although he is showing a larger size in the video cause I think he sells 3 plan sizes.)I added about a foot to the height. Wind rating is 150mph and the gothic arch design is the best for snow load seeing how I am in Maine that was a necessity. If you know what you are doing though, I think the plans are a little unnecessary. I would also highly recommend digging a trench on both sides and laying down prefabricated wick drains to prevent the water from pooling and then cover with gravel. You also may want to check out his passive solar design if heat is a big issue in your area. End wall fans work okay but not so much when its mid summer.
We got a foot of snow over the last 12 hours and thats not a huge nukber for around here. I didnt even get a chance to finish the vid because i dont think it would withstand that kind of dead load.
Maybe if I did it I could use clear vinyl roofing laid on its side.
Thanks for the input, ita got me thinking for sure

Homesteader

Homesteader

You probably live near me, I think we are at about 16" today. You would be fine the snow though because it slides right off. You do need to get rid of the snow on the sides after storms with a snowblower though or else you can run into issues. This design is actually used often to work on boats during the winter because of the stresses it can take.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

6ftx12ft pictured, but Easily expandable. Easy to build. 3/4”Pvc. Add as many levels as needed and then add the top when the season requires. I’ll get a list and build thread when I have a chance, but here’s some shots.
This is with 2 plants.

5142B3C6 2D54 416A 834B 6E6D972BAA9B
7088BF32 524B 45E7 A1A7 02C8BC7E97C5
9B4F4AEA 5A70 4A6B 8112 0418EA42F51D

Homesteader

Homesteader

I’ve put my greenhouse aspirations aside for now.
I got to get out the garage grow! Bugs are irritating the hell out of me!! I can’t correctly control my environment!!!!

Bugs are a pain in the ass but you have to embrace the suck because they aren't going anywhere. IPM from day one is the best bet. Be a step ahead of them. Maybe even grow a few different types of plants along with cannabis that are more sensitive to the bugs so they can be the canary in the coal mine. Cilantro is easy to grow but often gets attacked before anything else. Just a thought. I know a lot of people are against doing so but who doesn't like fresh cilantro or dill? You got this man. I'm always envious of your grows.

Check a few of these videos out and see if you can take anything away. https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/organic-integrated-pest-management.85628/

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Bugs are a pain in the ass but you have to embrace the suck because they aren't going anywhere. IPM from day one is the best bet. Be a step ahead of them. Maybe even grow a few different types of plants along with cannabis that are more sensitive to the bugs so they can be the canary in the coal mine. Cilantro is easy to grow but often gets attacked before anything else. Just a thought. I know a lot of people are against doing so but who doesn't like fresh cilantro or dill? You got this man. I'm always envious of your grows.

Check a few of these videos out and see if you can take anything away. https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/organic-integrated-pest-management.85628/
Thats a good rwsource thanks

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Sooo... Only commercial guys know or care about greenhouses?
Did u ever get any good suggestions @1diesel1 ?
I am gonna start researching a small one. 10 x 12?
I would like something permanent that can withstand NE winters.
Lets get this thread going man!?
How's the injury? Hope ur doing well.
I have a palgram 10x12 at the house for special projects.
Few things I’ve learned:
1. You will need to supplement with lights . Led works great
2. You will need to dehumidify . Portable unit
3. You will need a Co2 source. Yeast mixture
4. You will need to heat. The dehumidifier works great to both keep moisture under control and heat the greenhouse .
That said, it does wonders with end product.
5. You will need a tent inside it if you want to flower some plants and veg others.

I also ended up sheeting over the acrylic panels to keep the heat in. 8mil plastic.
Have had this greenhouse for 3 grows and man it’s great.
These are older pics before I had it painted and insulated
Will post pics of setup later this week when I take some new pics

I did build a heat sink via stucco base that also raised the overall height of the house. Thermal induction

13FEE291 3696 480C A63D 7A798259E741
D7502D7D ED32 4A6B B753 E097750B03F0
9270EB61 45F8 42C1 85F4 F6EBFBD97197
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I have a palgram 10x12 at the house for special projects.
Few things I’ve learned:
1. You will need to supplement with lights . Led works great
2. You will need to dehumidify . Portable unit
3. You will need a Co2 source. Yeast mixture
4. You will need to heat. The dehumidifier works great to both keep moisture under control and heat the greenhouse .
That said, it does wonders with end product.
5. You will need a tent inside it if you want to flower some plants and veg others.

I also ended up sheeting over the acrylic panels to keep the heat in. 8mil plastic.
Have had this greenhouse for 3 grows and man it’s great.
These are older pics before I had it painted and insulated
Will post pics of setup later this week when I take some new pics

I did build a heat sink via stucco base that also raised the overall height of the house. Thermal induction
Beauty jack!!

Top Bottom