Greenhouse Seeds Review

• Thread starter BirdDog1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BirdDog1

BirdDog1

Waz up farmers?! I thought I would share my data on the GreenHouse Seeds that I finished. The company caught my interest as they are the biggest and I decided to try for myself.

Room/Grow Details:
3000w aircooled
Co2
Foxfarm OF
5 gal smartpot
GH 3 part with some sugar, coolbloom, gravity, aminos and bennys for the dirt
Water PH 5.8
Started 12/12 while seedlings 3-4" tall as I have a height limitation of 3.5'. Flowering day count is from the day the lights were switched, not when they actually started flowering.

White Rhino:
Finished Height: 3.5'
Days of flower: 70
Weight: 2.5 oz dry
Looks: At least 2 phenos, huge sun leafs, distinctive look...you know it's WR.
Smell: Different, not sweet. Bitter actually
Smoke: I break this strain out when my back is killing me. Best MMJ pain reliever to date.
Discription: This is a great pain relief strain. Average mite resistance. One pheno was complete garbage....beware! It tested 7.1 THC, 0.01 CBD. The worst rating yet.
Rating: 6/10

TrainWreck:
Finished Height: 4+. She's a strecher and will take over if not trained.
Days of flower: 70 days
Weight: 2.5oz dry
Looks: Typical strechy bitch sativa. Vine like growth, great for scrog.
Smell: Unique, almost offensive....actually, OFFENSIVE....strong. It smelled like cat piss.
Smoke: Funky funk. Nice uppidy sativa, great daytime toke.
Discription: This strain needs training and room to grow. Not my cup of tea but the quality is good. I will most likely give this strain another run down the line, and try some different nute configurations. It was the closest to being a keeper, and maybe can be if I dial in the food.
Rating: 7/10

Cheese:
Finished Height: One was 3.5' one was 2.5'....two phenos.
Days of flower: 65 days
Weight: 2oz dry
Looks: Typical cheese, very consistant to GHS's discription.
Smell: Great smell, fruity sweet.....definetly the best smell of the bunch.
Smoke: Very smooth, great smoke. Roll this one up and pass it to me.
Discription: This was my favorite GHS strain overall. It was the close to a "keeper".
Rating: 7.5/10

Lemon Skunk:
Finished Height: 4'
Days of flower: 65 days
Weight: 2.5oz dry
Looks: Airy/whispy
Smell: Great smell, sweet and hard to descirbe. A pleaser.
Smoke: Smooth
Discription: The lemon skunk's leaves seemed thin and easily light burned. Bugs loved this plant and I harvested early because of it. Needs to be trained.
Rating: 6.5/10

Big Bang:
Finished Height: 2.5'
Days of flower: 55 days
Weight: 2oz dry
Looks: Average
Smell: Average
Smoke: Average
Discription: Nothing special about this strain, somewhat fast in flower.
Rating: 6/10

***Spicy White Devil: NOT GHS, freebie seed with order. (Samsara)
Finished Height: 3.5'
Days of flower: 65
Weight: 3 oz dry
Looks: Definently white
Smell: One of the best smells ever. Jack x Blueberry.....nice.
Smoke: Smooth and sativa-ey. Great stash for a camping/fishing trip!
Discription: Good overall strain to grow, average mite resistance.
Rating: 8/10. Good strain, just a little whispy.

Conclusion:
GHS has an impressively consistant product. All of my feminized seeds were female, and all popped. No hermies. I didn't have any PM issues, but I rarely do with any strain. Mite resistance varied, cheese was best, white rhino and lemon skunk were worst. This is a great company for the beginner/intermediate hobby grower who grows their own medicine. For me, they scored average in quality but I am in Cali and it's tough when you have GHS growing next to clone only Cali jems. I liked the cheese and trainwreck best overall, but none of their strains were kept for future production. The freebie seeds that I recieved from Samsara rated higher in quality than the GHS seeds that I ordered.
What I learned from this test grow is that the best weed is where you live. I know that there are cuts of these strains in the UK/Holland that would blow my mind.....but.....these did not. While reading up about these strains there was a lot of hype about GHS getting cuts of the white strains and trainwreck that were legit....but I didn't see it.
Disclosure: I live in central California and am active in the MM community all over the state. I see 10-20 strains a month, and run 20+ strains at a time. I would absolutly recommend GHS as they have worked hard to stabilize their strains which is rare, however, I do believe this process can cost quality. I personally look only for the best quality, and will brave hermis/low yield/males etc.. If you simply want a jar of good smoke that is easy to grow, and comes out the same every time, GHS is the company for you.

Hope this is useful, and feel free to hit me up with questions or strategy suggestions for these strains.
Take care,

BD

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Thanks BirdDog for the review, I grew Big Bang from GHS and I am currently growing my last seed right now, I still have 5 more GHS The Doctor then after I grow those out I'm moving on to a different seed company. 90% of the seeds germed so far and they have relatively consistent phenos but with all the negative vibes I hear bout GHS I don't wanna end up getting a bad batch. The main reason I bought from GHS was because of how inexpensive there fem. seeds are.

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

I think you make them sound much better than they are......

All of those strains are available in YOUR state....and probably much better pheno's or more legit ones at that.

It's all about kush and OG these days. I'm sure I could get a nice trainwreck cut up north, but I'd rather be growing my girl scout bay-bee!

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

Thanks BirdDog for the review, I grew Big Bang from GHS and I am currently growing my last seed right now, I still have 5 more GHS The Doctor then after I grow those out I'm moving on to a different seed company. 90% of the seeds germed so far and they have relatively consistent phenos but with all the negative vibes I hear bout GHS I don't wanna end up getting a bad batch. The main reason I bought from GHS was because of how inexpensive there fem. seeds are.

My pleasure! I think that was a good choice, I picked GHS as my first grow. I actually wrote this a while back and just recently got around to posting it. I still haven't found seeds as consistant as GHS, especially with the crazy amount of strains they have going on. I also really like their grow vids for each strain. I know there is a lot of people talking bad about them but from my perspective as a consumer, I really like their product.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

What do you mean about consistency? All the strains looked te same or the individual plants of each strain were consistent?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

My pleasure! I think that was a good choice, I picked GHS as my first grow. I actually wrote this a while back and just recently got around to posting it. I still haven't found seeds as consistant as GHS, especially with the crazy amount of strains they have going on. I also really like their grow vids for each strain. I know there is a lot of people talking bad about them but from my perspective as a consumer, I really like their product.

I hear nothing but bad news about GHS, your actually the first person I've seen in a long time to say something good about them. I always had over 90% germ rate and no hermies when growing there seeds, but, when I'm done with my current stock I'm moving on to other seeds like Blueberry, for example. I like there videos too, but it seems like they exagerate the results, in those videos they grow 1 plant under a 1000w HID and they probably veg for a long time, thats why they always have beastly plants in those videos LOL. I gotta agree with you I also like there product (so far) and until I get a bunch of hermies or unviable seeds then I'll most likely buy from them again in the future.

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

What do you mean about consistency? All the strains looked te same or the individual plants of each strain were consistent?

The biggest difference I saw was simple height. Usually a shorter plant is more indica dominate and taller/vine like is sativa. This was the case, but very minimal. For example, if you crack 10 White Rhino seeds, they will all look, smell, taste very similar, and will achieve ripeness at approx. the same time.

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

Greenhouse is consistant?!!!!!?!! HAHA! I really do like the genetics that GH has and one of my favorite strains is from GH (Kings Kush)...

That being said, I have popped a lot (150+) seeds from GH Seeds and have had the worst germination rate I have ever had with every batch... I have done this over the past 4 or 5 years and every time I order seeds I order at least 40 of the same beans from them (to make sure that I actually get the best pheno)... I always pop a lot of seeds when looking for a mother.... I have also tried many other seed companies and they have all at least germinated and made it more than a day or two before just giving up...

GH seeds have almost always given me a 3 out of 5 (30 out of 50) germination rate... That is just awful (most seed companies I have bought beans from have all germinated)... I have had at least 6 or 7 different phenos of each variety that I have popped from them (SLH, Kings Kush, and White Rhino)...

I love the genetics that I have found (granted I popped 50 beans of one strain to ensure I found a good one) from GH, but for the average grower that doesn't have the ability to pop that many seeds due to plant count I would say stay away from GH!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I'm not answering for BirdDog, but for me the individual plants of each strain were consistent, thats just my experience with GHS.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Greenhouse is consistant?!!!!!?!! HAHA! I really do like the genetics that GH has and one of my favorite strains is from GH (Kings Kush)...

That being said, I have popped a lot (150+) seeds from GH Seeds and have had the worst germination rate I have ever had with every batch... I have done this over the past 4 or 5 years and every time I order seeds I order at least 40 of the same beans from them (to make sure that I actually get the best pheno)... I always pop a lot of seeds when looking for a mother.... I have also tried many other seed companies and they have all at least germinated and made it more than a day or two before just giving up...

GH seeds have almost always given me a 3 out of 5 (30 out of 50) germination rate... That is just awful (most seed companies I have bought beans from have all germinated)... I have had at least 6 or 7 different phenos of each variety that I have popped from them (SLH, Kings Kush, and White Rhino)...

I love the genetics that I have found (granted I popped 50 beans of one strain to ensure I found a good one) from GH, but for the average grower that doesn't have the ability to pop that many seeds due to plant count I would say stay away from GH!

Did you follow there germination instructions on there website, if not, that could be why you had such low germ rates.

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

I know how to germinate seeds... Yeah, I did follow the directions... Put in a glass of water, let them sink, place in paper towel, let them pop a little tail, plant... There are so many ways to pop a seed and they all work... Seeds are seeds man... Like I have said, I work with seeds a lot and I have had no problems with germination except with greenhouse, 3 out of 5 is unacceptable...

My favorite strain (Kings Kush) is from GH seeds and I really like the way that they turn out, just hate how much variety there is in every pheno (finishing times were off by a few weeks even)...

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

I hear nothing but bad news about GHS, your actually the first person I've seen in a long time to say something good about them. I always had over 90% germ rate and no hermies when growing there seeds, but, when I'm done with my current stock I'm moving on to other seeds like Blueberry, for example. I like there videos too, but it seems like they exagerate the results, in those videos they grow 1 plant under a 1000w HID and they probably veg for a long time, thats why they always have beastly plants in those videos LOL. I gotta agree with you I also like there product (so far) and until I get a bunch of hermies or unviable seeds then I'll most likely buy from them again in the future.

Oh yes, blueberry! I grew DJ short's for a while....loved it. I never could get her to dense up though. My buddies have harvested some more dense blueberry though. Co2 will help.

GHS prob veg for 30-40 days. I started at 12/12 as soon as they popped and the yeild was very average (2-3 oz per plant).

I will tell you this, give Cali-Connection a try. In regards to quality, GHS has nothing on CC. You take a little more risk, but brother....it's worth it! I'm still running the CC Alien OG, Sour Aliens, and Alien Dawg.....and don't plan on changing until I see something better. I just ran the Buddah Tahoe too, loved it. If you didn't have any issues with the GHS, I would upgrade to Cali Connection or DNA/Reserva Privida. JMO

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

I know how to germinate seeds... Yeah, I did follow the directions... Put in a glass of water, let them sink, place in paper towel, let them pop a little tail, plant... There are so many ways to pop a seed and they all work... Seeds are seeds man... Like I have said, I work with seeds a lot and I have had no problems with germination except with greenhouse, 3 out of 5 is unacceptable...

My favorite strain (Kings Kush) is from GH seeds and I really like the way that they turn out, just hate how much variety there is in every pheno (finishing times were off by a few weeks even)...

I only grew one batch of GHS, ran about 60 seeds. 100%. I use wet paper towel. Sucks about your germ rate, seeds are too damn expensive not to pop!

symbiote420

symbiote420

You got any pics?!! I hate to even add to this but this is my exp., I grew out their White Widow (regs, circa 2001) and SLH (fems, circa 2011) both kicked rocks...BIG TIME!!! The WW sucked, and the SLH was pretty good but they were herm monsters! I think you gotta question a company that buys the Cup every year, I mean how can anybody stay on top that long, it's just not realistic! The product should speak for itself, I only buy the 3rd place winners, or the Indy winners! Lost alot of respect and stopped reading HT for allowing him to do so! That's society now we reward the cheaters..WOW!!

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

You got any pics?!! I hate to even add to this but this is my exp., I grew out their White Widow (regs, circa 2001) and SLH (fems, circa 2011) both kicked rocks...BIG TIME!!! The WW sucked, and the SLH was pretty good but they were herm monsters! I think you gotta question a company that buys the Cup every year, I mean how can anybody stay on top that long, it's just not realistic! The product should speak for itself, I only buy the 3rd place winners, or the Indy winners! Lost alot of respect and stopped reading HT for allowing him to do so! That's society now we reward the cheaters..WOW!!

I'm not going to get into the politics, this is simply a copy of the notes I took while running GHS gear. As stated, none of their strains made the cut in the end, but I do think thier product is useful to MMJ patients. And no, I don't have pics.

Glad to know the WW and SLH sucked, thoes are the only two that I have even a remote interest in.

nebulius

nebulius

Yea I almost bought into the hype (Stain hunter!, Cannabis Cup) of GHS when I first starting looking into seed companies. But after doing some research on GHS and Arjan, I found their reputation to be about as good as Nixon's.
GHS has become the retailer giant (walmart) of seeds which is fine if you are looking for that, but I prefer boutique/connoisseur type seed companies.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Oh yes, blueberry! I grew DJ short's for a while....loved it. I never could get her to dense up though. My buddies have harvested some more dense blueberry though. Co2 will help.

GHS prob veg for 30-40 days. I started at 12/12 as soon as they popped and the yeild was very average (2-3 oz per plant).

I will tell you this, give Cali-Connection a try. In regards to quality, GHS has nothing on CC. You take a little more risk, but brother....it's worth it! I'm still running the CC Alien OG, Sour Aliens, and Alien Dawg.....and don't plan on changing until I see something better. I just ran the Buddah Tahoe too, loved it. If you didn't have any issues with the GHS, I would upgrade to Cali Connection or DNA/Reserva Privida. JMO

I got enough seeds to last me at least 6 months but when I start running low on stock I'll look into CC. I already looked at DNA and they have alot of good looking strains, I'll definately buy from them next time I restock, thanks for the info bro.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I never thought about that, but damn, they have won ALOT of Cannabis Cups and it's very suspicious because there are SOOOO MANY other seed companies and strains out there. Fuck High Times for taking bribes, that shit gets me pissed off!!

Top Bottom