Greetings .. New To Growing ..

• Thread starter kjohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kjohn

kjohn

Hey all.
Since it's legal to cultivate in my state, I've started growing my own indoors.. 4x4 growtent, three 300w Galaxyhydro LED's, ventilation fans, heater, humidifier. In need of helpful advice/tips/tricks to be successful. My first grow of one Haze auto yielded about 7 oz dry . The second is at day 85 (transitioned to flower stage at 4 weeks) .. I'm seeing some discoloration on a few fan leaves .. I can't find anything on the charts that looks like this .. plant is in a 15 gal container 1.5cf FoxFarm Ocean Forest .. .5 cf logal organic topsoil .. feeding with FF liquid nutes following FF soil feeding schedule with pH adjusted water and nutes (6.0) Any ideas?
Greetings  new to growing

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Welcome to, The Farm!! Whe in search of knowledge hit the search bar!!
Looks like a nutrient deficiency but before that did you check for bugs? If you did how did you check for bugs?

kjohn

kjohn

Welcome to, The Farm!! Whe in search of knowledge hit the search bar!!
Looks like a nutrient deficiency but before that did you check for bugs? If you did how did you check for bugs?
I use a jeweler loop to check the tricome development and have not seen evidence of bugs with it, but will pull an affected leaf and really scrutinize the underside. Here's a pic of the plant in question
IMG 1244

Reactions: Ina
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I would get something stronger then a jewelers loop.. 30x25MM-60x14MM preferably. If it’s a deficiency it looks like nitrogen. Flush with bone meal then hit with an N-P-K fertilizer. She’ll bounce back.

kjohn

kjohn

I would get something stronger then a jewelers loop.. 30x25MM-60x14MM preferably. If it’s a deficiency it looks like nitrogen. Flush with bone meal then hit with an N-P-K fertilizer. She’ll bounce back.
yeah .. I ordered just such a device and it got lost in the Amazon! I waiting on resolution!
Thanks so much for your advice .. if it ain't bugs, could it be nute lock out? The temp in the tent runs 65 ~ 75 F (cooler with lights off .. running 18/6)

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
yeah .. I ordered just such a device and it got lost in the Amazon! I waiting on resolution!
Thanks so much for your advice .. if it ain't bugs, could it be nute lock out? The temp in the tent runs 65 ~ 75 F (cooler with lights off .. running 18/6)
No, but ide bring that temp up a bit till you hit week 6-7. What a you mean 18-6?

kjohn

kjohn

No, but ide bring that temp up a bit till you hit week 6-7. What a you mean 18-6?
lighting; three 300w LEDs (actual draw is about 139watts each) 18 hrs on, 6 hrs off This is an autoflower; right now it's 12 weeks from seed and has been flowering for the last 8 weeks .. It sprouted Sept 1st. ... here it is on
IMG 0928
Sept. 4th

Seraphine

Seraphine

Your pH is a little low. Autoflowers do like lower pH but 6.0 is low for soil. I’d up it to 6.5. Keep everything else the same for now. See if adjusting pH helps before messing with other variables.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I agree with looking for bugs (leaves and soil). Sometime “deficiencies” are actually bugs eating your roots or leaves. I doubt that’s what is going on here but it’s always good to check.

kjohn

kjohn

Your pH is a little low. Autoflowers do like lower pH but 6.0 is low for soil. I’d up it to 6.5. Keep everything else the same for now. See if adjusting pH helps before messing with other variables.
Ok ..I'll adjust the pH up a bit, as well as the low temp
I agree with looking for bugs (leaves and soil). Sometime “deficiencies” are actually bugs eating your roots or leaves. I doubt that’s what is going on here but it’s always good to check.
Hey.. thanks for advice .. I'm really looking at the leaves for bugs.. Before I planted the seed, I treated the soil with a 10% solution of H2O2,(hydrogen peroxide) then flushed the soil w/distilled H2O .. That should have killed any eggs and larva of fungus gnats and most other pests that may have been in the FF soil., as well... will I be able to see mites w/a jewelers loop? I'm awaiting delivery of a 60x 100 microscope.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
lighting; three 300w LEDs (actual draw is about 139watts each) 18 hrs on, 6 hrs off This is an autoflower; right now it's 12 weeks from seed and has been flowering for the last 8 weeks .. It sprouted Sept 1st. ... here it is on View attachment 842934 Sept. 4th

Bro don’t feed, let it fade. 12 weeks is a long time for autos. It’ll be done soon. Whats the breeders time for this? Trichomes are not always accurate to decide when to pull.

Ok ..I'll adjust the pH up a bit, as well as the low temp

Hey.. thanks for advice .. I'm really looking at the leaves for bugs.. Before I planted the seed, I treated the soil with a 10% solution of H2O2,(hydrogen peroxide) then flushed the soil w/distilled H2O .. That should have killed any eggs and larva of fungus gnats and most other pests that may have been in the FF soil., as well... will I be able to see mites w/a jewelers loop? I'm awaiting delivery of a 60x 100 microscope.

Forget about it let her fade :)

Plus when you treated the soil with h2o2 you killed everything including your microheard :) don’t do that in organic soils. Just mulch, it’ll prevent any gnats or other shit and keep your soil fluffy as the day you filled it into your pots.
Do a soil drench with a neem based organic pesticide to take pest management one step further.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Bro don’t feed, let it fade. 12 weeks is a long time for autos. It’ll be done soon. Whats the breeders time for this? Trichomes are not always accurate to decide when to pull.

Plus when you treated the soil with h2o2 you killed everything including your microheard :) don’t do that in organic soils. Just mulch, it’ll prevent any gnats or other shit and keep your soil fluffy as the day you filled it into your pots.
Do a soil drench with a neem based organic pesticide to take pest management one step further.
Agree a 100%. They essentials are dead and plants a ran out of nitrogen but for an auto 8weeks flowering is about done. Just water here on and let her fade

kjohn

kjohn

Bro don’t feed let it fade. 12 weeks is a long time for autos. It’ll done soon.

Forget about it let her ride into the sunset :)
Plus when you treated the soil with h2o2 you killed everything including your microheard :) don’t do that in organic soils. Just mulch it’ll prevent any gnats or other shit and do a soil drench with a neem based product.

kjohn

kjohn

Trichomes are not always accurate to decide when to pull.

Thanks for everyone's help with this .. breeder says 10 - 12 weeks flowering .. I assume that's from the day it transitions from veg to flower .. She is in her 10th week of flower so at least another week, maybe two . .. how do you determine when to pull? I like sativa, so i've been told to harvest when 15% of the 'chomes turn amber for a more 'exuberant' effect.
I flushed her today with pH adjusted (6.5) water .. I've some concern about her going the distance ..
Are my posts too verbose?

Seraphine

Seraphine

I didn’t realize that your auto was so close to finish when you originally posted. They will naturally start to die (leaves fade and fall) as they end their life cycle. Keep using 6.5 pH water for the last few weeks.

I pull when the plant clearly looks like it is dying (leaves fading and falling off) AND the trichomes are mostly all cloudy with a few Amber. If your not sure cut a small sample from the middle of the plant somewhere and let it dry for a few days and smoke it. If it gives you the effect you like then chop the whole plant. If not, then let it sit longer. I usually cut the sample bud up small so it drys faster.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Trichomes are not always accurate to decide when to pull.

Thanks for everyone's help with this .. breeder says 10 - 12 weeks flowering .. I assume that's from the day it transitions from veg to flower .. She is in her 10th week of flower so at least another week, maybe two . .. how do you determine when to pull? I like sativa, so i've been told to harvest when 15% of the 'chomes turn amber for a more 'exuberant' effect.
I flushed her today with pH adjusted (6.5) water .. I've some concern about her going the distance ..
Are my posts too verbose?
With autos it is from the germination usually.
So you’re done according to the breeder.
Tho its good to add a week or two to that time if you haven’t got a perfect environment.

Top Bottom