Grinding Before Blasting?

• Thread starter dabarino
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lino

lino

How come no one is making the honey oil anymore, we made it way back in the 70's & 80s. I like it better than all wax refinerries ive seen, oil, and stuff I see today. Remember our crack pipes to smoke the HONEY oil before crack existed... lol
this how we still do it,,,, IDK maybe all this is outdated as I dont pay attention to hash threads and the kids might be laughing at me again, but I like it simple...

We dont blow butane thru bud,,,, dont grind weed... dont freeze weed... all this is strange to me....

this has been my simple device for decades ,,, the one I had that the cops took was badd Azz lab shit but this contraption does the same thing here...

Heat the bud just rite.... fill the jar 1/3 butane OUTSIDE!
throw whole buds in or bust em with your hand better. if heated rite they'll bust to fine powder when you put in the butane jar, pour more butane in, ,, fine powder like you see in the jars will be the end result..

THE TUBE IS NOT USED TO BLOW BUTANE ! I use it as a graduated cylinder, 30 micron and 70 micron Nylon mesh 3"x3" pushed into the bottom... vacuum seal with butane,,, KNOW what your doing or say good buy to your face and fingers, boom... The motor and your cloths got sparky...

Now if you're innovative to vacuum you cylinder You create a spicket at the small hole end of the cylinder, cork seal the big end , put a Screw turn valve vent on the cork plug. Out comes the crude oil, like the crap at the dispenses,,, now you take the crude to a Lino Lab refinery, add some Everclear,,, vacuum cylinder it again , out comes the HONEY looks like 10-40w racing Penzoil in bout 2 weeks and no messy shit, it goes into those glass vials with blk tops that we used get back in the day..

So IDK why the chemist dont finish their work and i get confused at scraping and handling sticky stuff, wax paper oil slabs,,,, I just pour in a bottle like we've done for decades,,, IDK,,, maybe I making some crappy sludge and I need to get out try some samples again..

Honey

Last edited:
Dunge

Dunge

Let me be the first to say.

"What?"

Filtering out "kids these days" text, and trying to interpret all that creative punctuation I am left with no idea what you are talking about.

Are you using evaporating butane as a freezing element to dust oven dry flower?
Then there's this part about a cork with a needle valve. Two weeks? WTF is this about?

It' all very interesting, but clear as mud.

If you were too high to write, I understand.
Please take another run at it. I'm interested.

lino

lino

Let me be the first to say.

"What?"

Filtering out "kids these days" text, and trying to interpret all that creative punctuation I am left with no idea what you are talking about.

Then there's this part about a cork with a needle valve. Two weeks? WTF is this about?

It' all very interesting, but clear as mud.

If you were too high to write, I understand.
Please take another run at it. I'm interested.
I dont spoon feed, I dont provide 3 page recipes- my post are long enough, I am not a chemist so i dont skool anyone there, I dont argue, a little debate is okay, however I will give answers to questions....

Again, I dont understand all this butane wax oil stuff.... I'm ol skool. We pour our butane, we dont blow it into bud.
This device says it all,,, I was describing how to make one cheap with the butane equipment the kids already own.

this is a lab Burette, you can also use a separatory funnel with 3 way stopcock, or you can save a $200 and make one like I described with the butane equipment that many already have. many have micro screens so I was showing a hack. Not a high tek lab
LaboratoryBurette

But I wasnt trying to spoon feed this stuff, my question was to the old timers, if any had encountered the HONEY OIL back in the day and we used to make it with these contraptions... I wasnt trying to pass 30 yr old al chemist cook book instructions and recipes, sorry,,, not punctually correct either, its blog thread,, but I get detailed on my "seed 2 seed" thread with some kewl stuff.

lino

lino

@Dunge , yes butane in the jars that you see. poured thru 70 micron filter a top of the jar in pic into tube with 3 way stop cock jimmy rigged on the end of the glass tube and then we hook vacuum on 30 day drip then 20 day drip.... youtube got the instruction and recipes...

Dirte Bag

Dirte Bag

Extracts range from full plant extract raw oleoresins, to pristine museum quality dabbing shatter, and how you prepare it has an effect on the end result.

Starting with moisture, if you fully dry them material, you will also drive off the aromatic monoterpenes, so the medicinal effects, aroma, and flavor will be different. I like to extract on about the fifth day of hanging, or when the small stems snap.

Still highly aromatic, but ~>75% moisture removed and enough to allow the material to be frozen at -17C/0F. The freezing will slow down extraction of the C-30 molecules more than the C-10/C-22 molecules, resulting in less chlorophyll, anthro cyanins, and plant waxes.

When process low quality trim in bulk, we baked it at 200F in a forced air convection oven, and then scrubbed it through a ten mesh screen. That packed at about 4.1 grams per cubic inch and typically yielded under <10% of raw oleoresin run at ambient temperature.

For bragging rights show and tell aromatic, tasty and downright gawgus museum quality dabable concentrates, or (BRSSATATADGMQDC) for short and to make it easier to remember, I select only choice buds and break them up by hand to around 1/2", pack it at around 3.8 grams/cubic inch, and after capping the column to exclude air, freeze it to -14C/0F, and quickly mount the column and pull a vacuum once I start to process it.

I extract with < -30/40C LPG, and keep the recovery pot bath at 70F, doing final recovery using cotton candy techniques.

The reason I hand break up the material, is that although the sweet Mary charms that we seek, are on the surface in trichomes, much of the C-30 stuff that we don't want, such as chlorophyll and anthrocyanins, are inside the plant cells and the more of the ruptured cells that you expose to the LPG, the more will come along for the ride and the darker your concentrate will be.
What do you do to those "5th day" buds before packing your column in the way of anatomization? Cram 'em in whole? Scissors?

D

dabarino

Since this was brought back from the dead I figure I’d mention that I gave up on trying to “bust” anything up. I cram full bids in the column and blast away no need to try and complicate things or add another step

J

Jason36

Hi. I have been using an old bullet blender. However my oils have been very dirty.
I have just sent for some crx filter media for my crc filter. I am going to try a run with that and silica and bleaching clay.
Is this the correct way of doing things ?
Does anyone have any advice ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom