Grow Box...

• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

I have a 23 x 16 x 34 (length width height in inches) grow box that came with a mars reflector 48. I have never been impressed with that light.

I decided this week I will buy a 200 watt vero framework from timber. I can adjust the intensity to make it work right. AND I am going to run a 4 inch can with a reducer (increaseer) to use my 6 inch fan. The 6 inch fan will go outside the box and the 4 inch stuff in the box.

Computer fans do not work for shit.

IMHO

If this works out I will be doing some light swapping to get a 600 watt timber running the tent or maybe just run the 315. :D so far so good. But the grow box is all about heat reduction. The tent can handle it better.

When I get it up and running I will post in the microgrow section.

The light I am getting is the 2 fixture VERO lights at 200 watts max power.

gwheels

gwheels

Has anyone seen a charcoal scrubber that is smaller than 4 inches ? I think I might have to make one. Then it would fit in the tiny grow box and not take up some room.

My other option is building a taller grow box. :D.

I know what I want to do with it. It is going to be pretty swanky :)

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

There are 4" charcoals. Small n less airflow tho.

I'd consider a bigger box.

I'm new and have expanded my main room n bought a 2nd large computer case to hide in the garage from the wife. Always plan for growth

gwheels

gwheels

I have a 4 x 4 x 6 1/2 tent with a couple of lights.

I am just on a mission to build the best damned grow box ever.
I bought a grandmas secret garden. I am embarrassed to say i bought the smaller one first.
but I want to build something that is fantastic and workable.
I think easiest is 2 x 2 x 4 or 2 x 4 x 4. 2 x 2 x 6 or 2 x 4 x 6

I might build a filter to make it work and I am running a timber 200 vero in it to make it work. The one I have now is good for 1 plant but on Monday I will have the perfect 2 plant grow box. I can sell the secret garden to recoup what it cost.

The mars reflector was ok. The MCOB blew it all to shit and the 315 CMH is doing what the MCOB did at almost half the power. Live and learn

And I recomend either timber frameworks or do it yourself or the 315 CMH

Cheapies are ok but it will never show you your potential.

Mars is ok. 315 CMH kicks its ass X 10 and then some. I will reserve judgement on my vero but I have a feeling it will be on par with the CMH for quality and less stretch and other cheap light nonsense.

I am neither elite or experienced. I just read every damned thing I can about something I love.

Cannabis fits that picture. :D

gwheels

gwheels

I took a 7 gallon fabric pot and cut it down to a 3 gallon fabric pot with the same height as a 1 gallon plastic pot. I need to get height.

I will start a white rhino when the vero arrives and see what happens. In between then and now I might also build a 2 x 2 x 6 grow box and put a 4 inch filter in it. Then I can get 3 foot plants and have filtration. Indicas all day with the grow box

I used 50 50 perlite and organic soil but I might switch it to coco because it is just so much easier to control the nutrients.

20170901 191044
Eyebedam

Eyebedam

I took a 7 gallon fabric pot and cut it down to a 3 gallon fabric pot with the same height as a 1 gallon plastic pot. I need to get height.

I will start a white rhino when the vero arrives and see what happens. In between then and now I might also build a 2 x 2 x 6 grow box and put a 4 inch filter in it. Then I can get 3 foot plants and have filtration. Indicas all day with the grow box

I used 50 50 perlite and organic soil but I might switch it to coco because it is just so much easier to control the nutrients.

That looks really nice. So what is it that you don't like about this lift?

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I have a 4 x 4 x 6 1/2 tent with a couple of lights.

I am just on a mission to build the best damned grow box ever.
I bought a grandmas secret garden. I am embarrassed to say i bought the smaller one first.
but I want to build something that is fantastic and workable.
I think easiest is 2 x 2 x 4 or 2 x 4 x 4. 2 x 2 x 6 or 2 x 4 x 6

I might build a filter to make it work and I am running a timber 200 vero in it to make it work. The one I have now is good for 1 plant but on Monday I will have the perfect 2 plant grow box. I can sell the secret garden to recoup what it cost.

The mars reflector was ok. The MCOB blew it all to shit and the 315 CMH is doing what the MCOB did at almost half the power. Live and learn

And I recomend either timber frameworks or do it yourself or the 315 CMH

Cheapies are ok but it will never show you your potential.

Mars is ok. 315 CMH kicks its ass X 10 and then some. I will reserve judgement on my vero but I have a feeling it will be on par with the CMH for quality and less stretch and other cheap light nonsense.

I am neither elite or experienced. I just read every damned thing I can about something I love.

Cannabis fits that picture. :D
You will love the Timber cob led. My 315 cmh is shelved after getting the PLC420 cob fixture. Runs much cooler also.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Get a real inline fan bud

Take the plunge. I had a plan to led n cfl into a colset with just fans.

I now have 335 exhaust n 135 intake. U will need airflow no matter what if you want more then a 2oz harvest.

gwheels

gwheels

GROWBOX 2.0
I think I can fit the timber in front of the filter and it will give me the same grow space. That is a 4 inch proflilter filter on a 4 inch fan. Way overkill but I have a fan controller on it (way overkill still) and when I am not growing in the box it will be my dryer if I decide to stagger plants.

Maybe this is the veg room and the tent is the flower room forever. And the veg room can dry. I am liking how it is shaping up.

next steps...
plug up the 2 holes they had for computer fans

Get a good filter on the outside of the box (I am thinking a quality furnace filter) and drill a wack of 1/2 holes where the filter sits. This is for the intake for the fan to produce the negative pressure.
I will make a bracket the filters can fit in so i can take it off and clean it.
If anyone has intake suggestions let me know.

20170912 144139
Last edited:
Top Bottom