grow cab

• Thread starter donastro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

donastro

hey guys

building a small 4x3 (height/length) cabinet with a 400w hps light, is it a good idea to put it next to a window where the window is sometimes opened for fresh air? the reason i ask is cause it gets around -25 -30 here in the winter time but the rooms heating is always on so it isnt as cold as outside.. is that cold breeze coming into the room going to bother the plants even if its in a cab?

thanks

jagle

jagle

put next too window, and fresh air ( carrying the co2 and stuff plants want) will get warmed by your room before it hits the plants, and even if it doesnt the 400watt is gonna warm it up nicely too dont forget.

also easier and quicker to exhaust the dirty air out

B

Bigcorners

I would strongly suggest air cooling that HPS.. that baby is going to hot quick with no cooling. The window would be a great place to have a air intake into the box.. and a small Carbon filter on the exhaust, you can even possibly exhaust into your room! fresh cleaned air :P

Is there anything close to your window.. Neighbors, or someone who would complain? cause any ducting into the window is a dead give away.. and that lovely lovely smell! :)

What ever route you take i would defiantly cool that HPS somehow :)

D

donastro

thanks for the replies

im not connecting the cab in any way to the window, just want it by the window where neighbours wont see it as im on the last floor of the building and i thought any outside breeze (even if its cold) would maybe do the cab some good (cold breeze passing through the air intakes?)... and overall window open or not ill still be able to control the temperatures, just curious.. ill post pictures of the setup after the weekend!

B

Bigcorners

Heck yea that would work, use the window as a climate controller lol, just as long as the cab has intake and can get that fresh air in there your golden, just watch out with the window and temps because if it get to cold to quick and then heats back up, your babies are not going to able to handle the frequent temp change to well

Top Bottom