Grow Log #2 (2nd Tent 5 Square Feet)

• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

I wanted something simple that required very little maintenance and rez dumps etc. The autopots foot the bill. I think the 15 litre pots are perfect to run 2 plants per 5 foot tent.

I will use the 25 litre pots to run sativas in my 4 x 4 at some point in the future.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

I wanted something simple that required very little maintenance and rez dumps etc. The autopots foot the bill. I think the 15 litre pots are perfect to run 2 plants per 5 foot tent.

I will use the 25 litre pots to run sativas in my 4 x 4 at some point in the future.
How do they work? What kind of medium is in there?

gwheels

gwheels

1 inch of hydroton pebbles in the bottom.
Any medium 50 50 with either perlite or coco pellets on top of that.
Currently i am using 50% coco and about 25% grow stones (big perlite) and hydroton.

They work good. Res is 13 gallons and lasts 2 weeks in veg and about 1 week in flower for 4 plants in a 4 x 4. I use 5 gallon water bottles (19 litre) mix my nutes and pour in the rez.
Easy and effective.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

1 inch of hydroton pebbles in the bottom.
Any medium 50 50 with either perlite or coco pellets on top of that.
Currently i am using 50% coco and about 25% grow stones (big perlite) and hydroton.

They work good. Res is 13 gallons and lasts 2 weeks in veg and about 1 week in flower for 4 plants in a 4 x 4. I use 5 gallon water bottles (19 litre) mix my nutes and pour in the rez.
Easy and effective.
How do you know when roots hit bottom and you can stop top feeding?

gwheels

gwheels

I usually sprout a seed and start in solo cups. When the root hits the bottom I put it in the prepared autopot. I top feed about a week until i see them hit about the 4th or 5th node and then i turn the water on.

They have enough from the top water (i do it before i turn the water on).

They stall for a couple days and then that tap root hits bottom and they really get growing.

When I switch to 12 12 lights i dont dump my rez. I try and get it to about half full of grow solution and then add 5 gallons of bloom. 2 weeks the transition and stretch are over.

Top up with bloom as needed. Last couple of weeks i top up with water.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

I usually sprout a seed and start in solo cups. When the root hits the bottom I put it in the prepared autopot. I top feed about a week until i see them hit about the 4th or 5th node and then i turn the water on.

They have enough from the top water (i do it before i turn the water on).

They stall for a couple days and then that tap root hits bottom and they really get growing.

When I switch to 12 12 lights i dont dump my rez. I try and get it to about half full of grow solution and then add 5 gallons of bloom. 2 weeks the transition and stretch are over.

Top up with bloom as needed. Last couple of weeks i top up with water.
By time 4th or 5th node those roots should be close to bottom huh

gwheels

gwheels

By time 4th or 5th node those roots should be close to bottom huh

Close enough for the last watering to carry them through until they drink from the bottom. The hydro and medium pulls the water up from the bottom so they don't have to go very far to start drinking the water with nutes.

It is about the easiest system you could run. I have done it without an air stone or pump but they do work better with either. Very little power and can be silent. Stealthy easy no mess. Pretty damned smart system really. And simple

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Close enough for the last watering to carry them through until they drink from the bottom. The hydro and medium pulls the water up from the bottom so they don't have to go very far to start drinking the water with nutes.

It is about the easiest system you could run. I have done it without an air stone or pump but they do work better with either. Very little power and can be silent. Stealthy easy no mess. Pretty damned smart system really. And simple
Air stone in the top off res?

gwheels

gwheels

Friday pic...I found my temp reader and the canopy is at 72 degrees. Light is on all 232 watts and fan is on 50%. Total draw for both tents with all lights on full is 550 watts.

Res was topped up with AN Sensi perfect grow A and B (50ml in 20 litres or 10tsp per 5 gallons).

The bigger one is GG4. I topped it and it became a branch of 3 that have been abused and toughed.

The smaller one is king tut and that has been manifolded.

I will flip Feb 1 no matter what. They will finish right on time for my move.

20190118 062953
20190118 062948
20190118 062939
gwheels

gwheels

Flipped to 12 12 this morning...time is running down for this grow so its time to get it started.

Bad pics because the light timer started last night and i didn't wear my glasses so it might be on 4pm to 4 am instead of 10 to 10 like i like but it will work.

DSCF0761
DSCF0759
gwheels

gwheels

They are really spreading out in flower. Just a couple of days on 12 12. in 2 weeks they should be the right size for the tent.

Air flow is very good so i will let them stay bushy and grow whatever they grow. I only topped them a couple of times each.

It is hard to shave the legs of these girls they are very short. I think its perfect for what i am doing.

Next time i will do 1 tent with 21/3 as the time to see how they stretch.

I might be able to tailor the strain to the veg time to keep the height where i need it.

20190127 070524
20190127 070429
gwheels

gwheels

It wasn't as long as i thought Jan 25 they were changed to 12 12 so that is 2 weeks on Friday. Right around the critical mass. :) Glad i post it here or I would never remember.

They did fill the space nice. Each plant is 20 x 18 inches

gwheels

gwheels

Day 14 of flower. Slight tip burn but this week i started 40ml per 5 gallon instead of 50.
6 to 9 weeks to go on this one.

I have 14 inches until they touch the light and no place to put the light :D

FEB 8 2019 TENT 2 DAY 14 FLOWER
KING TUT DAY 14 FLOWERS

Latest posts

Top Bottom