Grow Room A/C

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
It probably won't work very well. I only recommend 6000 watts air cooled with a 24k a/c. If you're venting air from room then yes it could affect the a/c and may have a temperature control issue.
What’s your recommendation for per 1000 watt not air cooled to mini split ac size?

H

Hydropimp

Need help sizing duct board for a 5ton water cooled unit.

The room is 9.5x18x8. Not including the batheroom that is in the room.

I will tear down the adjcent room wall. This will give me another 8x8x8
Space.

Lighting will be 6-8k.in that 1 big flower room.

Cloning, pre veg, and mothers will be in another room ;that also shares a wall too.
I know it matters what size i duct the room but dont have enough space for large ducting.

The lights will be non air cooled.

I wanted to go with parobalic hoods but not enough space.

So will use some type if wing reflector. To have more space for the right size ducting.

The a/c requires a 16in size plenum.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Per 1000 watts non air cooled,1-1000,3-315s etc etc.
You will be chilling even if it's 110,I do.
Sounds like a no brainer! But now the question is do I get two of them because I have two rooms or go 48k with two out vents. I didn’t realize before you can have multiple.

Freshone

Freshone

Yes why buy one when you can have two at twice the price?
I don't think they make minis larger than 36k?So 2-24k units.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

The instructions were ok on the install, but lacked detail on the features and how they work individually and together. Like, I "guess" I should set it to heat in winter and it will cool back to target temp when the lights come on (they are sealed air cooled). Got more info from store and ordered that optional thermostat, hope that will put much of this to rest. Ill get back to this after Tues when I expect to install that.
Woody

Nope. Set it to cool and temperature desired. Can't cool if set to heat

M

Mlatourette

so my friend has a room with no windows and no ac vent . the room is a small 5x 10 wondering what/ if portable ac unit / dehumidifier would be best so he could control the enviroment. of course hes going to have to put an exaust coil to the wall but curious what others have used, hes not looking for the cheapest not looking for the best most exspensive either though. every website he goes to it seems everyone says there the best and trying to just simply sell there product. please let me know as he is in initial setup.

sixstring

sixstring

Single head mini split will be the best option.the better units also do dehumidification as well as heating on some models

M

Mlatourette

Ok cool. Big investment. Is there issues you have seen with portable units that have ducts? Seems to be a cheaper route if it works.

odirt

odirt

Hey John this thread is awesome, have a question on my setup. Room is 12x24 7 foot ceilings. I have 8 Ac hoods a 3ton Fujitsu 2 18k heads and a 10k window shaker in basement New England. My question is the lights are split 4 on each side of 12x12. I don’t want vent the air outside for security reasons. They r now in a y with a 8in can filter push thru each set of 4. But recirculating inside room. I know the 8inch fan is prob to smal for 4 1000hps. I do 4x4 scrog under each light so try get hoods 18-24 inches close. Do you think with 100 pint dehumidifier that the 3 ton plus 10k window will b sufficient?

odirt

odirt

Hey John this thread is awesome, have a question on my setup. Room is 12x24 7 foot ceilings. I have 8 Ac hoods a 3ton Fujitsu 2 18k heads and a 10k window shaker in basement New England. My question is the lights are split 4 on each side of 12x12. I don’t want vent the air outside for security reasons. They r now in a y with a 8in can filter push thru each set of 4. But recirculating inside room. I know the 8inch fan is prob to smal for 4 1000hps. I do 4x4 scrog under each light so try get hoods 18-24 inches close. Do you think with 100 pint dehumidifier that the 3 ton plus 10k window will b sufficient?
Sorry also the ballast will b outside the room

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Should be plenty assuming they can run properly when it's cold outside.

N

nicolajanjak

hi Cannabis john can i ask you 1 or 2 questions =)

if i use mini split inverter during winter (40 degree F here at night) to cool my sealed room, do i realy need 5000 btu/kilowatt .

and can the outdoor unit be in a small room wit 2 windows opened for air exchange ? (if its cold out)

thank you

Top Bottom