Grow Room Heating

• Thread starter Madmax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

Hi gents..im just starting to learn a little on indoor growing before i start..its middle of winter here gets down to zero and grow room is around 5-8 deg celcius.will this b a worry??
As was thinking will a heat pump in reservior b all thats needed or will it b better to heat room.. if so would 1 or 2 of those wall mount 50w heat tubes b enough to heat..5ft x 5ft x 7ft ceiling.appreciate any help..

Cheers maz

Madmax

Madmax

Hmm...i see.. temp needs to b between 18-22 deg.temp plays an important role in nutrient uptake and cell division of plants.if temps dont sit between these parameters,growth will slow down or stop altogether relative of humidity..gee we dont get that many warm nites
during summer.so my plant outside stop growing lol..that cant b right

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Plants take in very little nutrients during dark time. Its the daytime temps during photosynthesis where nutrient uptake would be impacted most. Low night time temps cause a host of issues and there many factors are at play. Root zone temps, air temps, leaf temps all effect plants.

I would guess you need about 200W heater to heat the air in that space. No idea how well insulated it is. Might get away with less but could be more.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Pick a safe one like the oil heater mentioned. My neighbor burnt his shop down w one of those stupid fan forced space heaters. Insulate it well and you’ll need far less power

I bet. I had one with an exposed wire coil element and those are the worst. I didn’t use it in my grow but I can’t imagine how those ever made it to the market. Guessing they didn’t have the UL back then. Heh.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I bet. I had one with an exposed wire coil element and those are the worst. I didn’t use it in my grow but I can’t imagine how those ever made it to the market. Guessing they didn’t have the UL back then. Heh.
Grew up in a house where those old coil heaters were all there was. 1950s erra when those were installed in homes.

Madmax

Madmax

Thanks for the responses..i built a room at back of shed.its all insulated .then built the grow room with 16 mm white laminate..how small can you get those oil heaters .i dont reckon i would have room for one unless i wall mount it,i know one thing it stays warm in there for quite awhile after heating it for 4 mins with a 2400 heater lol..
Has anyone actually ran say 3 of those heater tubes

Madmax

Madmax

What are you running for lights?
I aint got none yet.frock nose what to get..i wanted to run a 1000w cmh but going by what the dude said about the bulbs in the 1000w cmh thread it cancels that out..

Ive been lookind at the avenger adjuster wings with an hi par 315 cmh ballast with phillips bulb. It states 1.75 x 1.35 for max crop area .youd think 2 will cover 5x5..if i come up with the coin id like to put three in there.that should b plenty

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I aint got none yet.frock nose what to get..i wanted to run a 1000w cmh but going by what the dude said about the bulbs in the 1000w cmh thread it cancels that out..

Ive been lookind at the avenger adjuster wings with an hi par 315 cmh ballast with phillips bulb. It states 1.75 x 1.35 for max crop area .youd think 2 will cover 5x5..if i come up with the coin id like to put three in there.that should b plenty
1 gavita double ended bulb with a master controller. You can run the bulb from 500w-1150w. For a 5x5 will blow that shit up. Runs hot though.
E2D9ABB1 F90F 4C60 8443 9CDA5FEB76F4
heres 2 in my 10x10 before I put the walls up.

Madmax

Madmax

I might have a problem though buddy.ive read you need so many ft between canopy and the light .my ceiling is only 7ft 1 .

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I might have a problem though buddy.ive read you need so many ft between canopy and the light .my ceiling is only 7ft 1 .
3 feet, I’ve had them closer. But I run my a/c air directly between the top of the canopy and bottom of the bulb.

Madmax

Madmax

Nice but will i b able to run a gave with no air con.you guys seem to have everything in there bar the kitchen sink lol :D.frock id have to grow short plants.well thats what im thinking.light hard up on ceiling 3ft to canopy.plants 3ft and what plants in another ft..damn, wish i built the friggen ceiling higher now..

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Nice but will i b able to run a gave with no air con.you guys seem to have everything in there bar the kitchen sink lol :D.frock id have to grow short plants.well thats what im thinking.light hard up on ceiling 3ft to canopy.plants 3ft and what plants in another ft..damn, wish i built the friggen ceiling higher now..
No, you can’t run gavitas with no a/c. I’ve been running a portable Home Depot unit. When I build my new room I’ve got a 4 ton carrier unit for cooling.

Madmax

Madmax

Cheers bro.i dont think its economical for me to throw an ac in there.its just too much electricity use along with everything else...leds are dear.good ones.gavs run hot.and cmh you need heaps of them.everythings got there pros and cons.

Gee this post has evolved...what if i run a gavita bulb in adjuster wings with those reflector thingos under bulb to stop the hot spot etc.is that the reason you run air con.i have a big extraction fan (phresh) 710cfm to expell the heat..

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Before I started running gavitas I was using Saturn 8s. I realy didn’t need a/c back then. The Saturn 8 was a air cooled 1000w in a glass tube. All the heat was ducted and vented out of the room. I also run completely sealed rooms with co2. When I started running gavitas I had no option but to run a/c. Otherwise my room would heat up to 120-140 F. The ladies don’t like that. 1 gavita bulb averages $50 American dollars not pesos at 1000w.

Madmax

Madmax

The gavita pro plus el lanp is 194 here..the el 600-750 is 175, and the enhanced 600 is 109 bills
The gav pro e series fixture is over a g , the other pro de 1000 is a tad under a g

It would still work out cheaper getting them fom the states + with change...

Latest posts

Top Bottom