Grow Room Heating

• Thread starter Madmax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Pro D, is $550 at my local grow store. Master controller is $250.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
The gavita pro plus el lanp is 194 here..the el 600-750 is 175, and the enhanced 600 is 109 bills
The gav pro e series fixture is over a g , the other pro de 1000 is a tad under a g

It would still work out cheaper getting them fom the states + with change...
Get a spare bulb and reflector. They do make a wider reflector that covers more canopy space.

P

PharmHand

I might have a problem though buddy.ive read you need so many ft between canopy and the light .my ceiling is only 7ft 1 .
U can take the reflector right off and run it closer. And it only seems to run hot because it puts off 70% more light than the traditional core n coil ballasts and 40% more than electronic hid ballasts. Ultimately light=heat no matter what the source led, hid, the sun etc..... Physics

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Yea that’s what I found too. Expensive learning lesson. Don’t believe the hype! Lol
Ya, I ended up using the ceramic halids for veg. Very expensive mistake. Could have bought 1 1/2 gavitas for the price of the 2.

P

PharmHand

The gavita pro plus el lanp is 194 here..the el 600-750 is 175, and the enhanced 600 is 109 bills
The gav pro e series fixture is over a g , the other pro de 1000 is a tad under a g

It would still work out cheaper getting them fom the states + with change...
Ouch they’re ass raping you guys over there. And I thought we were getting robbed in Canada @5-600$ for a gavita 1k

P

PharmHand

Ya, I ended up using the ceramic halids for veg. Very expensive mistake. Could have bought 1 1/2 gavitas for the price of the 2.
I may have talked my friend into buying my cmh lol. I feel kinda bad but he has cooling issues w his 6/750s anyhow. The cmh might be his ticket, not mine tho.... killer veg lights regardless

Madmax

Madmax

Ouch they’re ass raping you guys over there. And I thought we were getting robbed in Canada @5-600$ for a gavita 1k
They do indeed hey.even the gav controller is between 8-900 bucks .they need bitch slappin..you know i do most of my shopping for car parts through US ,because they rip us bad here.get this you guys buy some aussie gear and we buy it off you guys cheaper than what we pay here..work that out lol..what sites over yonder that are credit card friendly bro
Dont really want to as it leaves a paper trail what i purchase..id rather go through you guys than pay through the ass.

Madmax

Madmax

The first one im keen to purchase but the hi par controller is 799 at one joint and 849 at another can this b purchased from the states .all i get when i google is the ass rapers aust sites haha.some pics of setups i like the hi par with the spreader.
Screenshot 20180719 231512
Screenshot 20180720 002812
Screenshot 20180720 002917

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Madmax

Madmax

Yeah im trying to find the high par one ,and keen on using a spreader and getting the ballast put outside of room..

Madmax

Madmax

I know now why i cant find one in states,cause its aust made..tutts.oh well

Madmax

Madmax

Ok.i think ive worked out what i want to do..ill use the hellion adjustawings with a
gavita digistar 120-240v ballast,i can then run the gavita el-2 controller and use the emc
to run a heater off that when lights are off...a question for yous ..how far can i put the ballast from light..reason is i want to use adjustawings as i can get it up higher than
I can gavita with the ballast on side.i know its prolly only an extra 3 or so inches but that matters...ask any chick that :D ...also has that spreader thingo that helps with hot spots etc.that could help with the heat etc?...being in oz i think i will only have to change the plug to ours...

Cheer Max

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Ballast and light=only as far as the cord that is supplied with it. I’ve tried longer aftermarket cords, big mistake. Ide just stick an oil space heater in there on a timer for when lights out.

Madmax

Madmax

I was actually looking at the remote gavita ballast in grower house.didnt
look to see how long the extension is .it mentioned that ballast the gavita
pro 1000w has been discontinued and the suitable ballast is the digistar
E seies ballast .i will look to see how long that extension is too it..is it because
of disturbance in frequency or something.

Last edited:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I was actually looking at the remote gavita ballast in grower house.didnt
look to see how long the extension is .it mentioned that ballast the gavita
pro 1000w has been discontinued and the suitable ballast is the digistar
E seies ballast .i will look to see how long that extension is too it..is it because
of disturbance in frequency or something.
Yes, won’t get enough juice, will lessen the life span of ballast and bulb. Could also be a fire hazard.

Madmax

Madmax

Im learning something every 5mins lol..hmm.ok ill fix it beside it .instead of how the gavs are vertical..dont tell me its gotta be vertical too .

Madmax

Madmax

Yaay.i finally have a win..phew..thank frock for that.
Now where did i put that credit card..

Latest posts

Top Bottom