Grow Room Heating

• Thread starter Madmax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

Im going to put it on hold till morra.im still a little skeptic that the 1000de is too much for a 7ft ceiling .

Cheers max

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Im going to put it on hold till morra.im still a little skeptic that the 1000de is too much for a 7ft ceiling .

Cheers max
It will, you have to keep your plants short and a/c will be required

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah thats just it.i dont want air con..so its light burn they get yeah from too
much heat being too close,is that what you mean?as what ive mentioned
I have a 710 cfm extraction fan for an area no more than 230-240 odd cfm .

Power aint cheap here .would dimming light b less efficient..it doesnt look
like im gonna get one anytime soon.yous might have to yell at me in big
letters lol. Go /#@&ing buy one you anal barsteward

P

PharmHand

I think that exhaust would be adequate as long as the intake air temp is reasonable (80f -). There’s the gavita 6/750 too that goes up to 825w I believe. Do it right you could pull 2units off that no problem. Would likely need co2 supplementation to hit that which is tricky/wasteful in a vented room but doable. What’s it cost to fill a co2 tank where you’re at?

Madmax

Madmax

Goes looking for cos bottles and refill stations...................
..............................................................................................
.....................here we go..i can get a 6kg bottle full for 99 bills 71cm high
17cm wide, refills are between 50-70 bills.i dunno if that seems cheap
but in au we like the drink.plenty of piss heads here..

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You want a 20lb tank with a solenoid
if your going to run pressurized can often find them used. Just make sure they are within date and you will need a controller for it. I'm drunk k and gi so if this makes no sense then... well I'm drunk and high so yeah.

Madmax

Madmax

Uno Pharm ,i was looking at that fixture earlier.that could be the answer to the height and a little less heat.says it covers 1.5 and at 750 its 1500 umol

Says input power 795 at ( 100%) 870w (110%) .
So should i get it lol.the more i bloody think it gives me time to change my m8nd lol.

Get this god damn light out of way .you guys can fill me in with this co 2

Madmax

Madmax

Hmm.just noticed its a complete fixture..:badboy:..
Could this fixture be hung say 45cm off canopy.sux that ballast is vertical .wastes
precious room.

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

Just looked on the gavita home site and it says the spread is 3x4.5 ft at 2 1/2 ft
Mmm they waste precious space..

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
552D86D5 9B29 4D17 B341 890D8879E6EC
The hood on the right is a factory hood. See how steep it comes down till it ends. That hood gets less canopy coverage then the left hood. The left hood is more open with wider coverage. I canned all the factory hoods for the one on the left. I believe the left hood gets a 5x5 coverage if I’m not mistaken.

P

PharmHand

Hmm.just noticed its a complete fixture..:badboy:..
Could this fixture be hung say 45cm off canopy.sux that ballast is vertical .wastes
precious room.
It looks like gavita discontinued the remote ballasts can’t see em on their site... But yea that’s a complete fixture. And 3x4.5’ is a very conservative number I’ve got the 1ks on a 5x5’ and it seems like too much light I’ve never even had it past 1000w. And you put that 150wide angle shade on there diesel showed your footprint is even wider. The ballast being vertical does sacrifice some height but you definitely don’t want the reflector touching the ceiling anyhow it would be a fire hazard. The ballast doesn’t make much heat the 1k ballast makes 60watts of heat which is piss all 750 even less

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah i came across that earlier post #36 .i was smashed at the time when i think i looked on the growers house site and it said discontinued but underlined at the bottom of the sentence it had the digStar e series as a replacement.and seen this
Screenshot 20180722 030755

Madmax

Madmax

I wonder why its discontinued as theres still stock out there..

P

PharmHand

I wonder why its discontinued as theres still stock out there..
Probably just cuz they weren’t selling enough compared to their complete fixtures. Hawthorn aka scots miracle grow/Monsanto/Bayer bought them out a couple years ago now their just cranking out the complete fixtures

Madmax

Madmax

I see now why you mentioned co2 Pharm.more heat is required and favourable when running co2,plants are more heat tolerant when using it, but some plants are better at it than others.i have been looking at the cooltubes and how the ducting works and takes just the heat from lamp than the room...gee there more one than way to skin a cat hey.
I like this....expensive to setup though..
Maybe i can do something like this down the track as once i get a year or 3 under my belt
I can improve the yield further...i cant wait to start..

Latest posts

Top Bottom