Grow Tent Exhaust/intake Setup And Temp Control.

• Thread starter StatedGhost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

StatedGhost

Hey everyone, new guy here.

I am just in the process of trying to get my grow tent setup before Oct. 17 comes around and I start my first serious grow. I have a 6x4 tent with two 315w CMH and I am having some temp issues.

Right now my main concern is getting the lights on temps down, I have a 6" 440 CFM inline exhaust fan with a carbon filter. currently just blowing out into the room (not ideal I know). I have it in my basement bedroom and ambient temps are usually below 70 unless it is a really hot day. However with lights on and the bedroom door closed it gets to 90+ and with the door wide open it sits around 85. Venting out a window isn't really an option, it can get to -40 and below at times in the winter up here so I won't be leaving any windows open. I am considering (not happily) cutting a hole in the wall and ducting the exhaust out into the open basement.

Would that be enough to get those temps a little closer to the 70's? Also, would there be enough air flow with the door closed or would I need it open or have intake ducting in from outside the room as well?

Thanks in advance!

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
It’s not about venting and more about bringing in cooler air. So yes moving the air across the hot lights is one big thing and maybe the hole in the wall maybe the only option, unless u can put in a ac that feeds the fresh air.

NGA

NGA

There are a few ways to vent ,if you can tap into your sewer stack , lots of people use furnace stack as well ,or hole saw through wall ,fresh air is a must

S

StatedGhost

It’s not about venting and more about bringing in cooler air. So yes moving the air across the hot lights is one big thing and maybe the hole in the wall maybe the only option, unless u can put in a ac that feeds the fresh air.

Unfortunately I don't think I can add an AC unit without tripping the breaker. So I am stuck cutting holes and the wife won't be thrilled about that haha.

There are a few ways to vent ,if you can tap into your sewer stack , lots of people use furnace stack as well ,or hole saw through wall ,fresh air is a must

Well the the stack for the furnace isn't near the grow room but there is a trunk duct running along the outside wall that I could tap into relatively easily. I think that might do a good job of dispersing the hot air throughout the house, thanks for the idea. I might start with that and hopefully it drops the ambient temps in room enough so that I can just intake from the room itself.

Top Bottom