Growers Choice Commercial 315 Cmh

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

ibe looked on these guys website and I'm digging the price and all but not a lot of info on their site.. is there. certain ceiling height that these need to go in? will they work in a tent? is heat the only issue? cause I could beat the heat or would it bleach plants? also what's the coverage on these? and I'm new to this whole cmh scene and unsure as to their bulbs 3kr 4k and 10k. I'm assuming 10k is for veg solely and the others are full spectrum? correct me if I'm wrong?

any info is appreciated.

https://www.growersc.com/gc315

View attachment 697601

Check out MR Tight YouTube channel he is using those light right now tells u all about them and shows what there doing for his plants

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I'm running the gc in the same room as my ss 315s with the Phillips bulb and I can say without a doubt I regret not buying another ss. I can see a difference in everything from the size, color, and definitely trich production. I am running gc's 3k bulb and a noticeable difference between the two when you put your hand under the bulbs, the gc giving off an almost green hue and the Phillips giving off definite red.
I don't have the fancy light meters but just one grow has me convinced not to run that bulb. Next run I'm putting a Phillips in the gc fixture to see if the deficiency is the bulb or the horizontal placement of the bulb.
Always searching!
I want to hear what your conclusion is!!! So if i lose sight of this thread, find me and let me know...
lol Im always lurking..... :)

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I'm running the gc in the same room as my ss 315s with the Phillips bulb and I can say without a doubt I regret not buying another ss. I can see a difference in everything from the size, color, and definitely trich production. I am running gc's 3k bulb and a noticeable difference between the two when you put your hand under the bulbs, the gc giving off an almost green hue and the Phillips giving off definite red.
I don't have the fancy light meters but just one grow has me convinced not to run that bulb. Next run I'm putting a Phillips in the gc fixture to see if the deficiency is the bulb or the horizontal placement of the bulb.
Always searching!
Is this the ss 315 your talking about?

Pmbreno

Pmbreno

Is this the ss 315 your talking about?
Yes it is. I'm getting ready to fire the next one up just finishing installing a mini split. This run I'll be using the gc fixture with Phillips bulb. What I've noticed after this last chop was the color started to catch up a bit on the lagging gc plant. The run before this was a side by side of ss315 and an air cooled 600. And I really feel like I was experiencing the same thing then. What I am leaning towards for explanation is uv which is to say I should find out with this all Phillips run.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Yes it is. I'm getting ready to fire the next one up just finishing installing a mini split. This run I'll be using the gc fixture with Phillips bulb. What I've noticed after this last chop was the color started to catch up a bit on the lagging gc plant. The run before this was a side by side of ss315 and an air cooled 600. And I really feel like I was experiencing the same thing then. What I am leaning towards for explanation is uv which is to say I should find out with this all Phillips run.
Awesome! I will be waiting to hear your thoughts.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Not an expert on the subject. But from everything i have read lec(cmh) bulbs are recommended to be mounted in a vertical position.

I consider myself very informed on the cmh route.
Think of it from a scientific standpoint

Hold any light bulb horizontal or vertical (just hold.it in your hand for now). Does the bulb scream and yell it has to be one way or another?

Now plug that same bulb in a socket. Now with it lit up, move the socket vert and horizontal. Is the bulb screaming cause the bulb is orientated a different way?

So why would.a bulb care if it's vert or horizontal?
A bulb company won't make 10 different styles of bulbs. It's not profitable.

They make a T9 and T12 bulb. ONE is made with a double jacket glass enclosure, the other a single glass enclosure. That's the ONLY difference, besides wattage and K rating.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Hold any light bulb horizontal or vertical (just hold.it in your hand for now). Does the bulb scream and yell it has to be one way or another?

Now plug that same bulb in a socket. Now with it lit up, move the socket vert and horizontal. Is the bulb screaming cause the bulb is orientated a different way?

They make a T9 and T12 bulb. ONE is made with a double jacket glass enclosure, the other a single glass enclosure. That's the ONLY difference, besides wattage and K rating.
but do you feel there is a diff in gc bulbs or Phillips bulbs?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Imo Philips reigns supreme. They are the innovator's of the cmh type bulbs. Its all i run and trust. Hell, even all 9 of my t8 4' 4 bulb lights all run Philip's daylight delux bulbs. Even all my flouro tubes are all Philips bulbs.
Well you align with what I have heard others say,, its the bulbs, not the ballast or what angle they are....

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I've turned 20+ growers from the old hps/my route to cmh. If they run 1k lights, I recommend the 630 cmh. I'm consulting on a new 10x10 room for a buddy. Guys gonna have 2 rows of 4x315 in each row with 20-24 plants in 5gal pots. He will run 930 and 940 alternating bulbs.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Imo Philips reigns supreme. They are the innovator's of the cmh type bulbs. Its all i run and trust. Hell, even all 9 of my t8 4' 4 bulb lights all run Philip's daylight delux bulbs. Even all my flouro tubes are all Philips bulbs.
btw, i threw a question up on another thread you might like to chime in on... I tag you..

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Well you align with what I have heard others say,, its the bulbs, not the ballast or what angle they are....

Bulb or ballast orientation? I have some ballasts mounted normal flat, I also have 3 that are mounted upside down. Some say it's not good as the internal sealant. An become warm and drip away from what it's supposed to protect. This what your asking?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Bulb or ballast orientation? I have some ballasts mounted normal flat, I also have 3 that are mounted upside down. Some say it's not good as the internal sealant. An become warm and drip away from what it's supposed to protect. This what your asking?
Not exactly.. I saw where there was a discussion about running them vert or horiz, and I dont figure one is better than the other... I think the difference lies in the phillips bulbs and was just getting your take on that..

snoplow20

snoplow20

From what i read the cmh bulb does not emit as much as energy out of the sides of the lamp as it does the tip. So its not that the bulb functions differently whether its vertical or horizontal. I think the idea is that mounting it vertical would be the most efficient use of its energy. Being that the tip emmits more energy then the sides. Not trying to be argumentative. I agree with you that that bulb would function the same.

Freshone

Freshone

Snowplow is right,the bulb performs better vert which is why I like the SS remote reflector.Dr Bruce bugbee is the light guru and I've read tests where they actually dip The tips of 315s in some kind of silver paint when running horizontal so they don't lose that premium light.

Top Bottom