Growing In Az Legally

• Thread starter CBGB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CBGB

I'm moving to the Phoenix area and I was wondering where exactly I would have to live to be out of the 25 mile range to grow my own? I do not want to buy from a dispensary and am willing to commute a long way if need be, but if I don't I would rather not. Any help will be appreciated and any other tips that can be given to help my transition will also be appreciated.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
With the way they set up the CHARS here chars equal the zoning they used to populate the approved dispensaries it is a chore to reside out of the 25 mile zone. This was done on purpose to keep most folks from growin their own.
It can be done but any of the places you would have to live would be a hike to get to work or decent metro areas to shop and such. Unless of course you plan on living off your yields and that is a task as well as you would have to go black market and without any connections/hookups you wont be able to off load your wares. You cannot grow and sell to the dispo's here. Most have their own grow facilities. Or they wholesale buy from other dispos that do grow.

But if you want the simple answer and your just lookin to have your own stash then just pick a place and buy a home and grow your meds and dont worry about what the .....ya know what the azzhats that think they know better say.........Disclaimer...... I am not sayn break the rules, but I am however a staunch believer in rules were made to be broken. :D

Or once you get settled in and get to know some folks you could end up being a caregiver to some that are out of the 25 mi range. And there are a lot of folks in that predicament and cant, wont or arent able to tend their own gardens. Hope this helps. I honestly believe that as regulations continue to roll out here that even with legalisation passing here for rec use may happen in the coming years they will move to not let anyone grow for personal stash. Just a matter of time. We shall see if I'm on point with that. Once they opened dispos they took our grow rights away.

C

CBGB

Thanks for the reply. I really only want to grow my own for personal use, I just want to do it legally. I've grown for so long in a very backwards state, I'm ready for some peace and not to live in fear anymore. My wife and I both have jobs waiting in Phoenix but I didn't want do do more than an hour of driving each way. But it would be nice to be a caregiver. Can caregivers receive compensation?

If they do try to stop all grows I won't buy from a dispensary so it would be back to the old ways, so being in the middle of nowhere might be the place to be anyway. Thanks again for the reply.

Also how difficult is it to get a job in the industry? I do have a very bad criminal record would that ruin my opportunities in that field?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for the reply. I really only want to grow my own for personal use, I just want to do it legally. I've grown for so long in a very backwards state, I'm ready for some peace and not to live in fear anymore. My wife and I both have jobs waiting in Phoenix but I didn't want do do more than an hour of driving each way. But it would be nice to be a caregiver. Can caregivers receive compensation?

If they do try to stop all grows I won't buy from a dispensary so it would be back to the old ways, so being in the middle of nowhere might be the place to be anyway. Thanks again for the reply.

Also how difficult is it to get a job in the industry? I do have a very bad criminal record would that ruin my opportunities in that field?
Compensation here equates to donations. The rules say no sales. But it works itself out. Good luck with you journey.

Top Bottom