Growing Renter's Beware! Apt's or Houses

• Thread starter ReelBusy1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Do you grow where you live? If Yes... Choose one....(Answers are not public)

• I rent an Apt (and I have a death wish)

Votes: 38 27.5%
  • I rent a house, just to live on the edge

Votes: 49 35.5%
  • I own a house with no land to grow on not even a good backyard

Votes: 19 13.8%
  • I own a house and 40 acres bitches so suck it.

Votes: 23 16.7%
  • I live in the woods next to my field in season (but I seem to have good Wi-Fi...?)

Votes: 9 6.5%

• Total voters
LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

:)
Just because your not caught doesn't make it legal as far as the feds r concerned.
You are right though, the guys who play it cool and stay below the radar in size and weight etc can go forever.
:cool0044:

This is what my lawyer told me when I talked to him about open a coop... Basically just grow 6 and your cool. the funny thing is he said the exact same thing fly below the radar stay within your limits and your cool.

Z

zoeronerer

all the legal shit only matters in court otherwise its ..... proceed standard protocol ....shut yer damn mouth and fer fucks sake no chicks or cool guys ....ever ....manicure yer own pot u lazy bastards dont let strippers do it.......rodney im talking to u !!!!

R

ReelBusy1

all the legal shit only matters in court otherwise its ..... proceed standard protocol ....shut yer damn mouth and fer fucks sake no chicks or cool guys ....ever ....manicure yer own pot u lazy bastards dont let strippers do it.......rodney im talking to u !!!!

lol
Right On!

I'm trimming right now....

K

knowboddy

There's the law and then there's what's enforced. And that works for and against you. Fair's fair, right?

Say you're doing 63 in a 60mph zone. You're breaking the law. No excuses, no "but everyone else is going even faster", you're operating your car in an illegal manner. Period.

Are you going to get busted? Not unless there's something else to attract the cop's attention.

Say your landlord bends a rule, spots your pot, and that leads to you getting busted. Anyone here going to be surprised if suddenly there was some kind of "anonymous tip" that led the cops to get a warrant that had nothing to do with your landlord narcing you out?

It don't matter at all whether the law is on your side when it comes to your landlord getting in or not. If he owns the property he has a legal right to be there - the conditions and limitations aren't important. That means you can't expect privacy, not really.

Change the locks? Sounds like a good idea but if your landlord finds out they may decide to break your lease and kick you out. Or just come and change them back for you. They have the legal right to have the keys to their own property. Your apartment isn't yours. It's theirs and you just pay to live there.

Finally, it doesn't matter at all what it says on the books in terms of what your landlord can and can't do. They can always get in immediately, no notification, if damage is being done to the property that requires immediate attention. Broken pipes cause water damage, and they have every right to kick in your door if the have to to get in there and stop the leak.

Think about it like this: Say you've got a crazy neighbor who decides to block the drains and turn on all the taps because she wants an indoor pool. Should the landlord be required to wait 24 hours or whatever to get in there and turn them off, all the while letting it leak into and flood your apartment? Of course not.

Just remember, someone owns the property you rent. It's probably very expensive and their livelihood depends on the rent that's paid on that property. Just because you don't see them every day, standing around and worrying about it doesn't mean they don't. It's very important to them. Don't ever give a landlord the impression that you're a threat to the value of their property.

A

Architect

Welll, since Erik HOlder has said that the feds/DEA won't get involved where patients are following state laws, I submit the following for your consideration:

SB420 allows collectives with unlimited members, and in my county, that's 30 plants per patient. I grow for a total of 6 patients, which according to my county law, allows 180 plants. Since I'm obeying county law (and therefore state law) the feds SHOULD not be interested in me. But I keep it very stealth, no smell, no sell, no tell, and I break down twice a year for inspections. Sure its a lot of work, but I'd rather work hard and be free than sit in some cell.

TortureKill

TortureKill

I rent a house and an apartment. I dont grow in an apartment, and I dont grow where I live ;)

-TK

A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

renting house's means you aint gonna lose it if you do get popped...growing larger size grows in their own house is more of a risk imo cause your up for losing alot more...peace az

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
In the late 80's I rented an apartment in a highrise building. I didn't live there- just converted each room into a grow space. I did it for the FREE electricity!!! Needless to say, I was caught with the largest indoor hydroponic grow (875+/- plants) the state had ever seen. Went from county to state to federal and back to state charges. Was looking at 20 years for first offense. Paid off the asst. prosecutor and got a couple of months in county jail, 3 yrs. probation, 300 hrs. communtiy service. Listen up people........ DO NOT GROW in a rented place. Too many things can and do happen. It's just not worth it in my opinion.

Much respect!

X

xxnugzzxx

in an apt maybe a 1 plant scrog stealthed and scrubbed the fuck out, no more

S

STUPPA

The laws in US are a little different to the UK i think , in the UK the landlord does legally have to give you notice that they are gonna enter your rented prop. ,but of course there are some unscrupulous types who will ignore this and come in when they know you are out .

Changing the locks is the obvious thing to do and if the landlord don't like it well then they will drop themselves in the shit by admiting they tried to enter without notice !

The biggest problem i have found with growing in a flat/apartment is actually the neighbours and not the landlord. Because of this it is very important to keep noise and smells down to a absolute minimum , what they don't know can't hurt you!

A new threat to growers in the UK is a company called British gas ,they now have the authority to enter a property at 7 days notice regardless of you objecting or ignoring them they can and will drill the locks out and come in to "check " the gas supply .

They do not need a warrant or any official papers which is fukin outrageous!

Some landlords have cottoned on to this now and will tell british gas there is a problem with the gas supply so they can get in when the gasman drills the locks .

would like to hear from more UK growers about growing in flats/aprtments :thinking

L

Loudblunts

^^^ i heard they got some shit like that up in canada too

whereas, electrical, firemen, etc etc come do the inspection and shut off your power or some shit if you dont open door

you can tell the war on drugs is on its last legs when they are pulling bullshit like this and impeding on peoples' freedoms and their castle aka your home

B

Bubby

find a lease purchase. not in your name, no land lord, easy enough to back out of after a year or two.

C

CanadianClassic

They gotta give you 48 hours written notice in person to enter your place in Canada unless its an emergency.As buddy said stealth is the total way to go im doing the same thing got a 3 bedroom and i say my bro is away at camp a month at a time and use that room as my grow and if anyone wants in it's locked cause my bro is paranoid about his things.That and a pimping carbon filter and exaust and air freshners and ona gel buckets,lol

E

edux10

I would think most apartment owners would want the money regaurdless of what is going on. I mean having a growhouse is better than a crackhouse.

In america they have to give you 3 days notice i believe. Maybe that is just the nice thing to do but i know there is a law that says at least 24 hrs. Maybe you shouldnt grow if you cant take down your gear in a day.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Landlord notice of entry may vary by state, but it is most commonly 24 hours notice for NON-EMERGENCY reasons. California L/T law requires 24 hours notice for entry. Don't allow your landlord entry? You can expect to be 30day'd for no reason.

Got questions on landlords in Cali? Lemme know, been both a tenant and a landlord.

hubcap

hubcap

by law, in the states, a landlord MUST give AT LEAST 24 hours notice to enter the occupied residence, unless, an emergency situation, like a fire, warrants immediate access.

take it as you will, but, thats pretty much the watered down verbatim version of the laws.

-cap

fractal

fractal

It seems like california now might as well be Vancouver BC. Looking at rentals one is confronted with "no growers" on just about any ad. I called about a house the other day and the owner said outta the blue "what do you grow, any habits I should know about?"

Home owners are all on the lookout for growers now and 99% of them are convinced that growers = instant home value depreciation.

I don't get it it seems to be a private personal issue, and besides it is legal. It seems akin to being asked what medication I take. Besides, don't these people realize that growers definitely = rent paid on time ?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I live in an apt but I don't think I have a death wish. It's my only option available at present. I plan on leasing a small warehouse after this turn and my outdoor comes in. However I have taken many precautions to avoid any notice from neighbors or the landlord.

I did have a leak once and the landlord came in and shut down my RO. I told him it would never happen again. He told me..."I don't wanna know what you are doing in there, just don't let it happen again".

Do I think it's a great idea growing in an apt? NO. But as I said earlier......it's the only option I have available at present moment.

Top Bottom