Growing Trichomes [leaf Farming]

• Thread starter lukem5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bibbles

bibbles

Why do plants curl their leaves in high heat and raise their margins in high heat if transpiration has it covered?
Silly me I thought it was to control airflow over the leaves. I really don't even understand what your comment was addressed to me but it sounded good.
Airflow affects transpiration, so even if you're right, so am I; that said, exposing less surface area to direct thermal radiation is helpful as well.

I am literally explaining how wind and shade are helpful on a hot day. This is where we're at. This is what's happening. Go outside.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Guess you'll have to wait for the thread.
Obviously

I am literally explaining how wind and shade are helpful on a hot day. This is where we're at. This is what's happening. Go outside.
I told you I don't care about being right, so have at that but you know something, I went outside and it was a little windy. Couldn't figure out if it was really happening though.

bibbles

bibbles

I don't think it's really about being right, it's about truth; after all, it would seem most of us want the same thing, yeah? And, while people might keep genetics in-house, the industry appears to be, by and large, pretty open source when it comes to the knowledge base, especially given legal incentives to secrecy.

To be sure, some of us can be a bit cunty when it comes to how that knowledge is shared, but... a helpful cunt is more than you can expect from most people in most industries, in my experience.

Homesteader

Homesteader

The industry is consumption driven and much is based off of stoner science and the group think that results from laziness. No one wants to learn, they want to be reassured of their beliefs (and purchases), most of which is told not shown. Want a better crop....buy this product or use this waste of energy. IMO UV is a waste of money and if that gets pantys in a bind then why the hell do I care? Is it not the norm to see insults thrown around when hit with something new?

I don't see you laying any knowledge but when you do tag me with those botany threads.

Last edited:
BioStimz

BioStimz

Said the kid who wont tell me how he isolated UV-B.
Kid? .... lol

The point here is that your opinion on the subject was formed from the false notion that UVA increases trichome-density.

Oh and I run high-output T5, 40-watts dedicated 280-315 nm at 15%.

~

sixstring

sixstring

great meme
yes & yes

Oh and it's exclusive to UVB only.

~
need test results or its bro science

Nothing personal bro.

Just don't like seeing misinformation spread around and unchecked.

~
can you at least point us to your test plants,control group size equipment used,testing facility ?
here in mich its very easy to get your pot tested.i have spent hundreds of dollars on tests from under hps only,hps and cmh combined,led only,led and uvb,led and mh. still nothing beats a very healthy plant under plain led with zero uv added.im sure if i continued to spend money i would eventually see a test from uv that come in higher.what i did see is under a scope,plants grown under uvb tend to have trichs that dont always look properly shaped,and some of those plants finished faster by a few days.which imo faster finish cost me total weight.all im sayin is from my own observations a plant grown under full spectrum led with zero uv can test just as high if its as healthy as it can be.now maybe if we keep growing under lights with no uv the plant could morph into a lesser thc producing plant over time? but i would think the thc% would decrease on the first cycle and keep decreasing over time,which is does not at this point.guess we just need another 2000 years to figure it out?

BioStimz

BioStimz

need test results or its bro science
Speaking of eliminating the bro-science....

I'll present the peer-reviewed research demonstrating that UVB significantly increases trichome-density.

Can you present (any) peer-reviewed research demonstrating that UVA does the same?

BioStimz

BioStimz

can you at least point us to your test plants,control group size equipment used,testing facility ?
No I haven't used any research methodology at this point, but I definitely will. My 'testing facility' is still on hold from a flood/mold-outbreak.

sixstring

sixstring

Speaking of eliminating the bro-science....

I'll present the peer-reviewed research demonstrating that UVB significantly increases trichome-density.

Can you present (any) peer-reviewed research demonstrating that UVA does the same?
can you show me where i said uvA is usefull ? sounds like you basically tore up this whole topic based on some report you read,which for some reason you have been ashamed to post,or just like arguing so much your holding back ? homesteader asked a few times to show us the results,so by all means post em if ya got em.i will continue to argue a good grower with a shitty light will have higher thc scores then a shitty grower with the best light :cool:

BioStimz

BioStimz

what i did see is under a scope,plants grown under uvb tend to have trichs that dont always look properly shaped
At what percentage of UVB?

How many watts were being used?

Sounds like overkill.

Just to reiterate, I ran a high-output T5.... but only @ 40-watts dedicated 280-315 nm at 15% with notable results.

~

BioStimz

BioStimz

can you show me where i said uvA is usefull ?

Maybe I got confused somewhere, but you were addressing my "it's exclusive to UVB only" quote, so I thought you were inferring that UVA could do the same. No biggie.

BioStimz

BioStimz

sounds like you basically tore up this whole topic based on some report you read,which for some reason you have been ashamed to post,or just like arguing so much your holding back ? homesteader asked a few times to show us the results,so by all means post em if ya got em.
Ok so homesteader was looking for me to post pics of my experience. I can't do that right now, but I will in the future.

If you just want the peer-reviewed research.... then shit yeah, I can provide that no problem.

Gotta run for a minute, but I'll post up the data in a little bit.

~

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
In lay-English, trichomes are like sunscreen; you understand sunscreen, right? You've proven yourself wrong. Additionally, you may ask any older smoker if bud was always trimmed like it is now, it was not; THC is measured by weight, leaves and stems are not made of air.

You do not understand what you are talking about.

People born after 2000, but the use of this term suggests he was born after 1990, and... well... millennials. :/
Lmao, I was born in the 60's....

BioStimz

BioStimz

sounds like you basically tore up this whole topic based on some report you read,which for some reason you have been ashamed to post,or just like arguing so much your holding back ?
I just posted, not one - but three peer-reviewed studies demonstrating my point. We good now? ; )

sixstring

sixstring

Lol a link to your own post of some copy/pasted study from 1986?
Do you even grow pot? You think since 2000 and all the legalized weed states they have done more accurate studies on the subject? Do you see jungleboyz adding uvb lamps in their ops? I mean they are cutting edge and definitely don't have a money issue,so if it made a noticeable difference you would think they would want the best?
32%higher the,so we would go from about 25 to 30%thc to 60% gtf out of here with this nonsense.:shifty:
To answer your last question,no we ain't good now.3 to 5% increase maybe on certain strains taken from high altitude,maybe lol.

BioStimz

BioStimz

Lol a link to your own post of some copy/pasted study from 1986?
Do you even grow pot? You think since 2000 and all the legalized weed states they have done more accurate studies on the subject? Do you see jungleboyz adding uvb lamps in their ops? I mean they are cutting edge and definitely don't have a money issue,so if it made a noticeable difference you would think they would want the best?
32%higher the,so we would go from about 25 to 30%thc to 60% gtf out of here with this nonsense.:shifty:
To answer your last question,no we ain't good now.3 to 5% increase maybe on certain strains taken from high altitude,maybe lol.
Piss-off.... You are clueless to science.

~

Top Bottom