Growing Trichomes [leaf Farming]

• Thread starter lukem5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Leew421

Leew421

A lot of growers want to reinvent the wheel and try and next level the setup. I was that person once and setup UV lighting. I paid dearly in yield cause I wasn't sure on timing. It's like 45 min tops and that's it. I honestly just dont see it. If you focus on dialing in what you got and making it better it will show. None of it is new tech either. Just like CMH, that's old tech reinvigorated to the market again. Think of bell bottoms.

K

kansabis

I think the op is dreaming of a non flowering cannabis plant,since growing leaves is easier than growing fruit. Bro science alert!!! I don't think the density of trichomes matters as much as what the individual trichomes contain,unless you are in the extract game,more trichs means more yield...but for bud growers it's just bag appeal and may or may not increase the potency of the buds,trichs definitely don't increase the mass of buds.

bibbles

bibbles

What? If people are getting 15% returns on extraction, then trichomes, et al, account for at least 15% of the harvest weight, and a 0.25% bump in yield is statistically significant for most crops, which means a bit more bling will be as well soon enough... at least in terms of commercial, the new focus on flavors seems to be building toward a highly tiered market.

Hmm, maybe not commercial in general, but anything of scale; commercial-commercial will probably stick below 20% in order to skip issues with PM.

K

kansabis

What? If people are getting 15% returns on extraction, then trichomes, et al, account for at least 15% of the harvest weight, and a 0.25% bump in yield is statistically significant for most crops, which means a bit more bling will be as well soon enough... at least in terms of commercial, the new focus on flavors seems to be building toward a highly tiered market.

Hmm, maybe not commercial in general, but anything of scale; commercial-commercial will probably stick below 20% in order to skip issues with PM.
My point exactly,more trichs only benefits extraction yields,not bud yields and doesn't necessarily mean its more potent or contain a higher dosage of any given cannabinoid. I'm strictly talking the strength not the amount of cannabinoids.

bibbles

bibbles

A 10% increase in trichomes is a 1.5% increase in yield, which won't mean much if you're rocking a spare bedroom, but if you're rocking 1,000 lamps? That's an extra 30lbs of bud.

K

kansabis

I'm really not trying to play semantics or argue particulars here just an assessment that a resin covered plant and a not so resin covered plant could actually share the same potency,I have experienced this myself,I'm talking potency not yield,quality not quantity per say. If a single trich has a 50%thc density and few trichs and another plants trich has a 5%thc density but is covered in trichs then overall they may break even on potency but their are so many other cannabinoids and terpenes,other factors that come into play its hard to sya for sure,the plant with higher trich density does favor as far as the chance of higher potency due to the numbers game though.

bibbles

bibbles

I have a cut that does 36%, and I'm not a fan, so there's definitely more to quality than potency; that said, understanding the economy of scale is how you stay in business when Walmart comes to town, don't sleep on it. :)

K

kansabis

I have a cut that does 36%, and I'm not a fan, so there's definitely more to quality than potency; that said, understanding the economy of scale is how you stay in business when Walmart comes to town, don't sleep on it. :)
I'm with you 100%,and laugh if you want but their will be a day maybe sooner than later where walmarts will be closing stores,they have already started to shift the dynamic of their stores to support online sales to compete with amazon,they will probably maintain the majority of their buildings but they would most likely turn to solely warehouse devoted space rather than retail isles.

bibbles

bibbles

I'm not surprised, their business model was based on consumer ignorance, and... fuck me, I want to say the Internet was the cure, but apparently 33% of millennials are flat-earthers, so... who knows.

shaganja

shaganja

I'm really not trying to play semantics or argue particulars here just an assessment that a resin covered plant and a not so resin covered plant could actually share the same potency,I have experienced this myself,I'm talking potency not yield,quality not quantity per say. If a single trich has a 50%thc density and few trichs and another plants trich has a 5%thc density but is covered in trichs then overall they may break even on potency but their are so many other cannabinoids and terpenes,other factors that come into play its hard to sya for sure,the plant with higher trich density does favor as far as the chance of higher potency due to the numbers game though.
for sure kansabis! however mountain landraces are the most potent out of all landrace strains. so, mother nature must be trying to tell us something! kush wouldnt be the strain it is, if it didnt come from the hindu mountains. i feel there must be more to the uvb topic than we know.

Top Bottom