Growing With 2x Galaxyhydro 300w Led's

• Thread starter Glykonb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Glykonb

I just ordered a set of LED's from Amazon. I post a link at the bottom. This is my first grow and trying it out on a budget. My seeds are free so I'm not really investing a lot in this. My question is, has anyone else used these? Any tips on growing with LED's? Will I need to supplement with CFL's? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not trying to grow out anything super fancy for now.

https://www.amazon.com/Galaxyhydro-...d=1483312411&sr=1-2&keywords=galaxyhydro+300w

Thanks in advance

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I would rather have one of these, I started with full spectrum and now am adding white light. The plants are much happier with white light imo.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I would like to have 4 of them in my 4x8 tent.

Geopv916

Geopv916

Tips for using those leds
"Scrog" look it up check videos on how
Why? Those leds have almost no penetration so make nice even tops that will enjoy the full benefit of the light.
Add calmag to every feeding idk why(I forgot) but there's a deffeciency when using those leds. Air flow on top of colas and under too. If using soil buy mosquito dunks and crumble them over the top layer. From the get it it will prevent gnat larvae from thriving. Also get stickies as preventative care. Clean your grow room like your life depended on it spider mites even if caught early fuck your shit up. Canopy distance 18-24 inches. When starting bloom use 1/4 of recommended strength in nutes and slowly work your way up. Sorry I went over but these are thing i wish someone would have told me. And I learned the hard way. Wish you luck and remember you will get reap the amount of hard work you put in. And good luck I'll be watching

G

Glykonb

Thanks a lot for the information. I will definitely look into that. I plan on growing autos most of the time. Im going to be starting on the 25th. Im sure I will have a ton of questions!
Tips for using those leds
"Scrog" look it up check videos on how
Why? Those leds have almost no penetration so make nice even tops that will enjoy the full benefit of the light.
Add calmag to every feeding idk why(I forgot) but there's a deffeciency when using those leds. Air flow on top of colas and under too. If using soil buy mosquito dunks and crumble them over the top layer. From the get it it will prevent gnat larvae from thriving. Also get stickies as preventative care. Clean your grow room like your life depended on it spider mites even if caught early fuck your shit up. Canopy distance 18-24 inches. When starting bloom use 1/4 of recommended strength in nutes and slowly work your way up. Sorry I went over but these are thing i wish someone would have told me. And I learned the hard way. Wish you luck and remember you will get reap the amount of hard work you put in. And good luck I'll be watching

ReeferChief

ReeferChief

I just recently picked one of these up on sale too for about 59 bucks after coupon code LQSBUPR3 valid thru to Jan. 16.

The problem I found after the fact is that this is not the right type of light for the flowering stage. I think you and I may also need something like this here:
VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower

I'm really still considering picking up a few more for this price but I don't know enough about what I am doing yet :)

Bannacis

Bannacis

Between the two there is not much difference. one has spectrum control other does not.
I have the Mars 300, it does ok. but I would rather go all white...
The maxsisun:
142 watt.
62/ 5 watt chips
12 band including 2 IR. full spectrum.
90 degree lens/reflector.
control over veg and bloom lights. (Dimmable) ...72 watts veg...72 watts bloom
daisy chain...

The Vipar"
136 watt.
60/ 5 watt chips.
12 band including 2 IR. full spectrum.
90 degree lens/reflector.
on/off...no control of spectrum.
daisy chain.

ReeferChief

ReeferChief

From what I've read, the higher the wattage on the chip the greater the distance the light needs to be from the plant. Anyone here know more about that? I see some manufacturers even have 10 watt chips but I'm not really sure that is better.

Farmer P

Farmer P

From what I've read, the higher the wattage on the chip the greater the distance the light needs to be from the plant. Anyone here know more about that? I see some manufacturers even have 10 watt chips but I'm not really sure that is better.
My plants were doing great at about 20 to 24 inches under the 5 watt chips which is probably about where I would keep them if I had enough height. Right now my biggest plant is about 14 inches under and I haven't seen any ill effects. I don't know how long it takes to bleach the flowers white though. I'll have to keep watching. If it gets to 12 inches from the light I'll do some more bending.

Irietime

Irietime

IMG 3066
I have a 600w galaxyhydro in a 2.5x5 room. Seems to be doing work so far. Had the light 18 inches above canopy for the first three weeks and the plants stayed extremely short. Moved the light up to three ft above canopy and things are much better. Two weeks into flowering, so don't know about yield yet.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Like any light the higher the wattage the farther away from plants you need to be. So 10 watt chips compared to 1 watt chips...there is a big difference. 10 watts hotter than 1 watt...

Top Bottom