Growing With My Aquamist Aeroponic System

• Thread starter banditxiv
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
banditxiv

banditxiv

Can someone give me the best nutrient recipe for an aeroponic run with my aquamist .i was thinking the 3 part AN nutrients, cal mag n maybe some h2o2?can someone help me out with a good one,thanks.
Growing with my aquamist aeroponic system

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

iv always wondered what nutes could be used with misters.dont they sprayers clog up occasionally?i would expect em too clog with salt residue after a while.have you never used this method yet?looks like a crackin set up anyway

banditxiv

banditxiv

I tried it out years back.I was trying that Lucas system got all the way to like 5weeks in bloom them every thing started dyeing.I'm gona try again but this time ill just change the nuts every week.I was just wondering if anyone had a special recipe out there for this system.

E

ellelle

Did you find out what nutrients work for the aeroponic system?

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I used a misting sytsem for my seedlings this last grow. The root development was phenomenal. I did notice some clogging, so I enclosed the pump with a nylon footie , which helped. Still seems like beyond 300ppm it clogs. An external filter that is 2 part (so you can open and clean the sccreen) should work much better

I had planned to transfer them to my DIY F & D anyway It definitely works great for vegging/clones

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

In my turbo kloner iv found a tooth brush is a great way to keep the sprayers clean.

G

Gorilla Mike

I tried it out years back.I was trying that Lucas system got all the way to like 5weeks in bloom them every thing started dyeing.I'm gona try again but this time ill just change the nuts every week.I was just wondering if anyone had a special recipe out there for this system.
Hey Banditxiv!

I think I’ve been growing professionally in soil for the last 20 years now, but when I was first starting out I tried every hydroponic-aireoponic (or whatever!) fancy system that came out and just for fun, I still do! So while I make my money in dirt, I play in water and air! Lately I’m experimenting with a Current Culture Hydroponic System. What I’ve learned so far from using it, I think will help me answer your question and solve that dye-out problem you had with that Lucas system you wanna try again.

In answer to your question first, I would say any hydroponic-aireoponic (or whatever!) system needs a nutrient recipe bought, or one you make up yourself that’s especially designed to run in a hydroponic system so it won’t clog your lines and misters. And you shouldn’t need to go to the time and expense of weekly change-outs. Check out the great stuff on YouTube that shows you the difference between flushing and changing-outs. With my little experimental Current Culture system they sell their own Nut formula and it worked great for me. But they also sell a supplement you add to your nut-water mix that dissolves any salt build up in the tiny holes our systems use. So definitely look into that and ask your trusty grow shop dealer for exactly what you’re asking about here, and he’ll or she’ll definitely help you out with those or similar good products.

I say “worked” about the CC nut solution because I don’t use it anymore. It worked great, but I’ve discovered on YouTube how to make my own. And if you haven’t seen it yet, you won’t believe it: it’s basically FISH SHIT!

I KNOW what you’re thinking: “The fish waste will definitely clog your tiny holes!” so let me explain:

If you’ve got the room and interest, set up a couple (or one) 100gallon aquariums and buy a school of Quoi (don’t know how they’re spelled)--those extra large Gold Fish. Your tank doesn’t have to be glass, just a big ceramic tank (plastic is toxic remember). I like glass aquariums cause I like to watch the fish swim around while I’m working in my basement experimental grow room. Raise your big fish like you would any other aquarium fish and use a store-bought nut first while you get this going. Every week you gotta change out some of the aquarium water. I use a nifty siphon with a big clear tube at the end I bought at my favourite pet shop. You stick it right in the gravel and it sucks up the fish waste and dirty water and the clear big tube lets the gravel stay down on the bottom of the tank. If you feed ‘em right, your big fish will poop a lot! and you’ll have a good free nutrient supply in no time! I say free, because after your expense of buying the fish and aquarium and aquarium gear, it will pay for itself in no time in all the cash you won’t have to spend on expensive store-bought nuts—that are basically just water with the real concentrated nuts mixed in anyway! This dirty disgusting water makes my PERFECT nutrient solution I pour right into my soil and I have the biggest super potent Buds around!

So Banditxiv, all you have to do, is what I do for great nuts for my CC system and that’s to filter this waste water with an old pair panty hose from your girlfriend, and you’ve got nice clear POTENT nutrient dense water that won’t clog your lines!

As far as your plants dying out that time in your Lucas system, it may NOT have been the nuts at all! What I think it was instead, is that your water was too warm! Even water that’s covered up in a hydroponic system still heats up immensely. This heat build up in your water probably choked your roots with slime from your warm water and caused root rot which is what probably killed your crop. To correct this problem in your Lucas system next time, is to use a WATER COOLER (any good grow shop sells ‘em) you can install right before your nut solution goes out to all your pots so your water/nut solution will stay a good 10 degrees cooler than your ambient 78-82 degrees air temp. Your plants will explode with Buds so beautiful next time, you’ll think you’ve died and gone to heaven!

There’s always a way, with good old American “Know-how”, to make any hydroponic system work perfectly. In my years & years of experimenting I’ve killed off a lot of plants, just because I was missing one crucial factor! And I’ve wrecked a lot of my Buds with most of those stupid expensive auto-trimmers out there. I’ve experimented with all these gadgets too and some cost as much as 13 G’s!

I’ll tell you, these machines that use blades are no good for nothing. They jam and break down and if you don’t have the cash to fix ‘em, your back to hiring hand-trimmers. Even if they don’t break down right away they’ll over-trim your Buds and strip most of the crystals off reducing Bud potency and make un-natural looking trimmed Bud to boot! Luckily, I found a Tom’s Tumble Trimmer that stopped all my failures with experimenting with those other bladed trimmers. There’s 4 I think, different sized models—a little hobby grower one for only a few hundred bucks and the big commercial ones I use for only a little over 2G’s. They all trim lightning fast like the bladed machines, but NEVER breaks down or jam up. The TTT needs ZERO maintenance or cleaning expect for squirting a little hemp oil on the zippers from time to time. And my Buds look beautifully HAND-TRIMMED every time and my TTT’s (I have several now for my large operation) don’t strip off the crystals—which is why my customers LOVE MY BUDS.

You can make a lot of traction with the right equipment and the right know-how Banditxiv!

Hope this helped you and everybody out there with the same hang-ups!

Gorilla Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom