Growth Problems

• Thread starter BrandoTHC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BrandoTHC

Hello, I'm having problems with my growth and what I'm seeing is leafs are starting to wrinkle and turning yellow and deforming and not looking what they should be.. I'm using 2 led lights and in blue spectrum and I have them on for 24 hours and there there about 10" above them now these lights are vary intense and don't produce a lot of heat trust me I didn't mean to touch the light but I did and it didn't burn like you think it would after leaving a light on for that long.. so I don't know what the issue is so please someone help I'm also about 2-3 weeks in of this grow

Growth problems
Growth problems 2
Growth problems 3
Growth problems 4
B

BrandoTHC

Lights are too close, over watering, nitrogen deficiency. I really don't know. That's what comes to my mind when I look at them but this is less than a year of growing experience talking.
Have you ever had this problem before?

MW7945

MW7945

Few things:

You didn't mention which light, but if back them off to 18 inches.

They're most likely ready for bigger pots now.

Have you given them any nutrients? It might be time.

B

BrandoTHC

Few things:

You didn't mention which light, but if back them off to 18 inches.

They're most likely ready for bigger pots now.

Have you given them any nutrients? It might be time.

Ok I will do that and I'm putting them in bigger pots tomorrow I just don't know what the best size and pot I should use & mircale-Gro all purpose plant food that's what I've been using not a lot those still not sure how much I should use at this stage

MW7945

MW7945

You likely don't have a par meter, but hopefully your light lists PAR value somewhere. I kept mine around 1000 in veg and 600 for flower. Might not be the right way but it worked.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Ok I will move them up higher thank you
In fact I'm positive about that. I know your using led but Ive grown several stunted plants with cfls just inches away. That is the WRONG way and the evidence always seems to only show during the flowering cycle. Maintain a good temperature with any light and allow for stretch and balance. Now I keep my cfls 10"-12" away from my plants and they bush AND stretch out superbly. They're all the same strain too.

20170816 064304
Last edited:
Monster762

Monster762

Ok I will move them up higher thank you
Start your led at least 24 up to 30 inches from plant. What is watt equivalent ? I litterally bleached leaves with an led from over 30 inches away. Just because it's not hot means nothing. It is the bands and wavelength of the ligh( the intensity) that will fry the plant and not even be warm. Does your led have uv? If so that can be dangerous. Everything is more dangerous to young plants. Always better to be safe. Start further away. If you see too much stretch bring a little closer. You have to find your "sweet spot" for your particular light and plant. Personally I would go 30 inches and adjust from there. Just like with nutes don't just jump at full power. Always start soft and intensify as the plant tells you that's what it wants.

Monster762

Monster762

Ok I will do that and I'm putting them in bigger pots tomorrow I just don't know what the best size and pot I should use & mircale-Gro all purpose plant food that's what I've been using not a lot those still not sure how much I should use at this stage
No food. What soil are they in? Make your added soil to upgrade pots an unfertilized mix. You can always add nutes later. Getting too many out is a different story. Make sure to have good mix of perelite. I would go straight at 2-3 gallon pots. Then once they're close to binding that go to 5 gal. Good adding soil is straight peat moss with heavy perelite. No nutes. Any nutes you add start at 1/4-1/2 strength. Nitrogen for veg and phosphorus and potassium for flower. Also get you some calmag. Good to have on deck.

Leew421

Leew421

Your soil can hold plants for the first 3 weeks maybe longer without feed. I would say your pH is messed up. Transplant to a larger bag and add more soil. It will blow up after that. Wait 2 weeks and feed very low strength

Monster762

Monster762

Your soil can hold plants for the first 3 weeks maybe longer without feed. I would say your pH is messed up. Transplant to a larger bag and add more soil. It will blow up after that. Wait 2 weeks and feed very low strength
That's what I'm saying too. Wait until plant asks for nutes. Let the nutes already in the soil deplete. I would use unfertilized soil. Like clean peat moss with perelite

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Looks like a bit of over watering to me. Easy to do in small cups. I'd make sure that soil is getting dry before you water.

G

gwar822

when they get over watered they get nute lock right? if the nutes are not organic and the ppm or salt lockout idk...

Monster762

Monster762

when they get over watered they get nute lock right? if the nutes are not organic and the ppm or salt lockout idk...
Not neccesarily. Over water will just be overwater. Nute lock is usually ph or more commonly a deficiency in magnesium or another secondary nutrient. Definately let cups dry but don't let them go days dry. I suggest you get right out of the cups. Like I said 2-3 gal pots and after you transplant water with a half dose of cal mag. 2-3 gal pots I would give half gal water when transplanting. Mix cal mag by the gallon in milk jug. If it says 1 ml use half. Those medicine syringes for kids are the easy way to measure. And don't use cold cold water. Cool to Luke warm

Organikz

Organikz

This is a pH issue or it's something munching your roots or possibly the start of root rot. It could be overwatering. This is a potassium defficiency. As @Monster762 mentioned micro nutrients drive NPK.

My thought is that soil needs aeration. You should see more perlite than dirt at the surface. Which tells me you should be looking for a funky pH. Don't know what kind of soil that is but the ratios are off.

Do you see gnats?

Organikz

Organikz

Look at mine. They just went wacky. I remembered i only used crab meal as a liming agent. I guess the compost in the soil build held them off for a bit. I used crap leafgro and I'm regretting it. Soil built with a very high quality humus (denitrified carbon) source doesn't require a liming agent. From now on to save myself headaches I'm only using home made vermicompost. Pure carbon is pH neutral.
1503191449480770377127-jpg.731649

Top Bottom