H3ad Formula Problems

• Thread starter Hurricaine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Im new to using this forum and badly need some help i cannot lose this crop. 4kw lights over 2-3x6 with 18 plants in 2gal smart pots per table in botanicare aeration mix. Using head formula 6/9 micro bloom with 2tsp epsom salt added and experiencing cal/mag deficiency? Sprayed with calimagic 2days ago and problem does not seem to be improving. Noticing very weak yellow new growth with rust spots on fan leaves leaf tips. Plants were doing great until 2 days before 12/12 I added Caps bennies tea and problem really seemed to show itself plants didn't drink much water after that. Any suggestions are appreciated much!!

Did you just foliar spay the cal mag or did you soil feed as well?

Hurricaine

Hurricaine

So glad to hear your back on track! With soil you get a nice buffer zone. Us guys in coco not as much. The ph on the runoff is higher many times because you are flushing some of the salts out that the plant didn't use. Usually the extra florabloom she didn't drink. This is totally fine. We like to think we are giving our girls exactly what they want all the time but really we line her up at a buffet and let her eat. Sometimes she just drinks the water and deposits those nutes right in the root zone. So we know that our ph and ppm climb on the run off. This means she is getting more nutes than she can drink to me. So if you see anything funny at this point it's not a deficiency. It's probably a ph problem due to the salts in the medium. Now if your ppm and or ph is lower on run off. She needs more nutes. She is drinking them up faster than giving em to her. And if stable run off you hit the sweet spot. That's where I let the ppm creep on runoff I was talking about. You watch it close first run (every strain diff feeding) and when you see the first signs of tip yellow or burn you know that's too hot. And then you can just push her to the max every run cause you know that she burns at a certain ppm at certain weeks. Your plants are looking really good man. Keep it up. Now that your not double feeding cal mag it probably freed up another 100-150 ppm you can use for more liquid kool bloom. Start with your 3/6 base and check ppm. Then add some liquid kool bloom to get where you want the ppms. Mine has been running 3/6/9 with no burn but I don't know what your cookies can handle. I picked up a pack of csi humboldt bubba girl cookies so when those finally take off I'll be able to have a lil more insight on how cookies grow.
Looking forward to seeing what becomes of those bubba girl cookies are those packs sold out now? I was honestly thinking that'd be my perfect combo of a plant!!

Hurricaine

Hurricaine

nother week down and getting the hang of things been doing 3/8 and 1 1ml of kool bloom every other watering. Runoff ppms are back up to 900 ramge and p.h is sitting at 6.1. Time for a flush about once a week I assume it will be.

Hurricaine

Hurricaine

So glad to hear your back on track! With soil you get a nice buffer zone. Us guys in coco not as much. The ph on the runoff is higher many times because you are flushing some of the salts out that the plant didn't use. Usually the extra florabloom she didn't drink. This is totally fine. We like to think we are giving our girls exactly what they want all the time but really we line her up at a buffet and let her eat. Sometimes she just drinks the water and deposits those nutes right in the root zone. So we know that our ph and ppm climb on the run off. This means she is getting more nutes than she can drink to me. So if you see anything funny at this point it's not a deficiency. It's probably a ph problem due to the salts in the medium. Now if your ppm and or ph is lower on run off. She needs more nutes. She is drinking them up faster than giving em to her. And if stable run off you hit the sweet spot. That's where I let the ppm creep on runoff I was talking about. You watch it close first run (every strain diff feeding) and when you see the first signs of tip yellow or burn you know that's too hot. And then you can just push her to the max every run cause you know that she burns at a certain ppm at certain weeks. Your plants are looking really good man. Keep it up. Now that your not double feeding cal mag it probably freed up another 100-150 ppm you can use for more liquid kool bloom. Start with your 3/6 base and check ppm. Then add some liquid kool bloom to get where you want the ppms. Mine has been running 3/6/9 with no burn but I don't know what your cookies can handle. I picked up a pack of csi humboldt bubba girl cookies so when those finally take off I'll be able to have a lil more insight on how cookies grow.
Some seriously good info thanks again been looking back at this to make sure I'm on the right track! Do you have any pics or a thread to check out some of your results?

Bearfamfarm

Bearfamfarm

Some seriously good info thanks again been looking back at this to make sure I'm on the right track! Do you have any pics or a thread to check out some of your results?
I don't have a good thread to myself yet. Probably should start one but just been so busy. I got those bubbas girls here on the farm from csi. I know divine has a nice bubba cookie cross too that I wish I had gotten to try side by side. Right now I am just in the pheno hunt now. Got about 300g from that one plant. She's potent and smells like bubba and pine tree a lot after the dry. But not what I am looking for in a keeper. I did like the purple and pink tinges that came through though.

Any pics of your girls? Sounds like your starting to get dialed in on your nutes which is good. One less thing to worry about.

IMG 1484
Hurricaine

Hurricaine

Nice that's not a bad hall from 1 plant. I am thinking about grabbing those divine packs just don't have the money for em atm. Hope they are still available when I finish this round!!

Hurricaine

Hurricaine

Noticing a sligh yellowing tonight and noticed runoff was up in the 900s last night. So doing a flush tonight with 1/4 strength H3ad formula and 1ml of calimagic per gal. @Bearfamfarm your kool bloom numbers seem really high I believe that's where my yellowing is coming from just at 1ml per gal??? These salts are kinda tricky to control I have some plants on the sideline started with bio bizz unfortunately the veg and 2nd week of flower was all gh but I'm finishing those with bio bizz it's Really simple and people claim to have good results..all I want is a simple 2- 3 part formula that's easy to mix for veg and bloom??? End ramble :)

Bearfamfarm

Bearfamfarm

Noticing a sligh yellowing tonight and noticed runoff was up in the 900s last night. So doing a flush tonight with 1/4 strength H3ad formula and 1ml of calimagic per gal. @Bearfamfarm your kool bloom numbers seem really high I believe that's where my yellowing is coming from just at 1ml per gal??? These salts are kinda tricky to control I have some plants on the sideline started with bio bizz unfortunately the veg and 2nd week of flower was all gh but I'm finishing those with bio bizz it's Really simple and people claim to have good results..all I want is a simple 2- 3 part formula that's easy to mix for veg and bloom??? End ramble :)
Ya I don't use cal mag either cause the micro has I beleive 5% in there and the bloom has 2.5% mag. So I can push my liquid kool bloom harder. And keep the ppms lower. I also start at 5 ppm ro water. It's funny you are looking for a 1-2 part easy mix solution. I was watching @justiceman thread. He rocks hydroponics research ve bloom. It is literally a 1 part powder used from veg to bloom. One additive called shine which is your pk boost. I got some of this about 2 weeks ago and have been testing it on one of my tables. So far so good. It's is the most stable ph and ppm nutrient I have used so far. I got the ro version and it hold 5.9 ph in res for over a week no problem with no adjustments. And what I really like is that because it is such a simple formula that if you make it to string just dilute it and you won't mess with the npk ratio as bad as when you have so many nutrients in different amounts. I am liking it better than the head formula so far. It is cheaper and am having slightly better results so far and it has only been two weeks. I'm gonna do a full run with it and review. But that was my lil sneak peak. Lol. Oh and it has cal mag fulvics silica enzymes and most the other additives built right in to the powered.

Hurricaine

Hurricaine

Im interested to try that nute where are you buying it? May test on next run but I feel there's something to the general hydro or the grow stores wouldn't have a hundred 5 gallon jugs of the stuff sitting there. I'm trying the 3-2-1 formula and cutting it in half and adding kool bloom if I feel necessary from here on out kinda abandoning the H3ad formula (I wanted it to be that easy). I learned alot from the H3ad to watch my salt Build up and p.h but I just don't think it's a balanced nutrient and p.h fluctuates too high...i keep coming back to the buffet analogy @Bearfamfarm used to describe how they feed but I feel that is not the proper way to feed it needs to be a little more controlled gorge of food rather than all at once just got me thinking.

Hurricaine

Hurricaine

So I've switched over to the 1/2 1-2-3 of gh for the last week or so with a lol kool bloom like 2ml /gal...watching the salt build up is crucial my strains seem to not want more than a 700-800 feeding and flush when the ppms are over 900. It's almost a feed water feed kinda deal but really haven't got the flow of it.. I've noticed the leaves are very brittle and have switched to a compost tea and bio bloom for the next week or so need to flush some salts out I can feel it in the plant no bueno..im sure this is all jibberrish to anyone else but it's helping me keep log of when I've done certain things and maybe I'll get some feedback. Hope everyone is having fun!! Peace love n weed!!

Lujuria95

Lujuria95

How often do you guys flush in coco-perlite using that method? Micro, bloom AND koolbloom? Aldo, how do you add the dry koolbloom? Hope someone can help me (:

Top Bottom