H4ppyf4rmers Second Grow

• Thread starter h4ppyf4rmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

The first grow I deemed a success even though I made a bunch of mistakes which I seemed to recover from.
My first grow started out cracking four Aurora Indica and getting some clones of White Widow. by the time I got the WW into the system the AI was already 2+ weeks into veg and just overwhelmed the WW which never really grew.

This time, I'm going to clone 4 AI, 1 WW, and 2 Blueberry starting tonight!!!

Hopefully by the time these are ready to put in my system, I'll have my bloom tent set up...

The Clones
H4ppyf4rmers second grow

Where my bloom tent will be going...
H4ppyf4rmers second grow 2

jipp

jipp

im on my first grow too.. which is more like most people third iv been vegging so long because of circumstances out of my control.

anyhow, i agree. iv learn so much on it.. good therapy.
ill be tagging along for this grow.
have a great night.
chris.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

first sign of roots on three of my clones (one blueberry, one Aurora, one white widow)
I'm waiting for my last two in the system to finish up, the trichomes are all milky. I'm not sure why the first two plants finished earlier (maybe I took them a bit too early, oops)

I've tried my first harvest (vaped) and it has a pretty heavy body buzz and makes me sleep like a rock };-) Also made some butter from the wet trim... My daughter tried the dry trim and she was pretty amazed with the body buzz.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

update: the clones are all looking really healthy and showing roots(picture later), soooo I need to chop down the last to trees in the veg tent tonight to make room for the new clones. The last two trees are showing milky trichomes but not really amber so I made the executive decision to chop chop!!!...

@sixstring I like your style of growing with larger plants. I'm limited to 12 plants in Mass, so fewer but larger plants work well with me. when you trim your plants from seedlings to adults, do you top? FIM? LST? all of the above? I'm trying to steal your secret sauce recipe, brother };-)

oh, and getting new bloom hydro setup built, new lights built, getting the space ready, starting a new run, clearing out the old run, .... IT'S a METRIC CRAP TON OF WORK!!! };-)

Last edited:
sixstring

sixstring

No secrets with me bro,ask me anything and i will do my best to describe what im doing.as far as training in veg i just do alot of topping. Seedlings get topped when they have about 8 sets of branches and when i top them i also remove the lowest set of branches so im left with 3 sets of branches or 6 of the middle section.once i upcan to the 2 gallon pots i will just top whenever a branch gets taller than the rest or gets too close to the t5 lights.i veg really long.prob 6 weeks before they go into 7 or 10 gallon pots and then 3 or 4 more weeks before i flower.i never flower plants until they are drinking 1 gallon a day so i know they have awesome roots.doing plants like this shows alot more pheno expression then rooting clones and chucking right into flower imo.even my clones get vegged for at least 8 weeks and prob closer to 10 on most shit.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

No secrets with me bro,ask me anything and i will do my best to describe what im doing.as far as training in veg i just do alot of topping. Seedlings get topped when they have about 8 sets of branches and when i top them i also remove the lowest set of branches so im left with 3 sets of branches or 6 of the middle section.once i upcan to the 2 gallon pots i will just top whenever a branch gets taller than the rest or gets too close to the t5 lights.i veg really long.prob 6 weeks before they go into 7 or 10 gallon pots and then 3 or 4 more weeks before i flower.i never flower plants until they are drinking 1 gallon a day so i know they have awesome roots.doing plants like this shows alot more pheno expression then rooting clones and chucking right into flower imo.even my clones get vegged for at least 8 weeks and prob closer to 10 on most shit.

Nice, thanks...

my first grow, I only vegged for 6 weeks and only did topping a couple of times because I was running out of room in my 4x4 tent, now that I will have more room in the 4x8 tent, I can let them spread out a bit more. I still can't let them get too tall as I'm sure I will run out of head room in the tent so I'll keep topping to try to keep a more even canopy.

sixstring

sixstring

another thing i see with longer veg times and better roots in the pots,is less stretching during the first few weeks of flower.my shit never gets bigger than double size and usually only grows about 50% bigger.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

I also have to figure out how to support the kolas, I can't use the bamboo like you do because I'm in water. I might make a tall screen out of PVC piping and wire. kind of like the scrog screens, just a lot taller and wider mesh dimensions.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

chopped my last two plants and placed in the drying tent. Cleaned and sterilizing the system, the clones are going in tomorrow... 3 canuck blueberry, 2 Aurora Indica, and one White widow.

bought all the electrical supplies to run the 110/220 to the bloom tent for lighting.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

The clones are in good shape, they are all rooting like crazy waiting to be put into the vegging system. Just waiting for my son to sleep off the weed he just smoked a couple hours ago. I told him it was strong, lol

The clone in the upper left corner started out with burnt leaves from the mother touching the T5 lights.

so I have more clones than I have room for in my system, it's a shame I'll have to dump some of these {:-(

IMG 20170603 150925

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
The first grow I deemed a success even though I made a bunch of mistakes which I seemed to recover from.
My first grow started out cracking four Aurora Indica and getting some clones of White Widow. by the time I got the WW into the system the AI was already 2+ weeks into veg and just overwhelmed the WW which never really grew.

This time, I'm going to clone 4 AI, 1 WW, and 2 Blueberry starting tonight!!!

Hopefully by the time these are ready to put in my system, I'll have my bloom tent set up...

The Clones
View attachment 703578

Where my bloom tent will be going...
View attachment 703579
I wouldnt spray clones directly, getting them wet can cause damping off. I only mist the humidity dome, a sandwich bag will work.

Top Bottom