• Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

SolStrip refunded my money today. Said he was out of the country

>

High tech hydro

the person who posted replied with a bit more info

https://steemit.com/steemit/@verbz/f...f-nano-bubbles Making nano bubbles that remain in the water for months which super saturates the water with whatever gas you and checked. For purposes of drinking and in taking massive amounts of oxygen which suppresses cancer. For plant growth, cleaning bodies of water, so salt water and freshwater fish can be in the same aquarium tank, to emulsify liquids without a surfactant, and many more benefits.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

This could be a big deal for hydro. I saw a YT video today where the nanobubbles stay in the solution for hours. That would eliminate air stones, pumps etc.

https://www.o2grow.com/

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

It appears correcting my pH up from ~ 5.5 to 5.8 is huge. Pistis are browning quickly now

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Im glad I never bought a chiler

According to O2grow, no matter what we do conventionally to create more DO, the end result will only be ~ 8%. From my own experience using multiple quality air stones and 4 head high flow air pumps, separate pump in res using venturi, which generates a ton more and considerably smaller bubbles, again, according to them the result is still ~ 8%. And while it seems to work well, what would ~ 50% more and smaller DO bubbles (in this case 'nanobubbles") do?

we know (don't we) that we need to generate those bubbles in dwc/rdwc 24/7. My recent experiment to start seedlings using lpa misting with hpa mist heads (replacing my long used bubber for seedlings/clones) produced vastly better roots and root hairs

AGAIN, according to O2grow data, supported with agricultural school testing (links on his site) his emitters not only generate 12%+ DO (a ~ 50% increase) it stays in suspension until agitated. So for F & Ders, like myself, I don't have to have a second pump, which has to be on a separate timer or else the nutrient solution heats up in order to reintroduce DO.

The 64K question is: What does a 50% DO increase mean in application?

In my case a 2 emitter system is $300, about the price of a chiller, but I can run two rezes off of it, and unlike chillers it uses very little electricity. They also have a larger system for UCRDWC.

I'm almost finished with this grow, and due to extreme heat and humidity, I won't start another until mid September, but, will try it then.

Should anybody take the plunge, please start a thread

https://www.o2grow.com/store

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Do not recall when the second gen of pistils began, looks like around April 2, so they seem to be on track

PPMs rising a lot (> 2 EC), so Im going to remove ~ half the nutes and add back water + some late nutrient mix

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Update:

almost done. Great sweet aroma, barely touching the plant, got Sticky Fingers

One forearm shiver and a two forearm shiver

IMG 4317
IMG 4318
IMG 4319
IMG 4320

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Counting the days

I reduced rez ppm to < 400 as a quasi preflush

Pics 1 & 2 are under the SPYDR 600

Picture 4 is a triple cola top that's really heavy

IMG 4321
IMG 4322
IMG 4323
IMG 4324
IMG 4325

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I've been on a quest to learn about the best way to oxygenate my rezes, beyond what I am currently using. O2Gow emitter systems look interesting, then a guy came out of the blue etoling injecting pure O2 as the best way

Alas, the grower injecting pure O2 is not forthcoming

It seems like either Direct Oxygen Injection (DOI) or an emitter system necessitates having a DO meter ($500+) to know when to emit and when to stop. Perhaps there is no such thing as too much DO, but operating it longer than necessary means the emitters (or O2 tank) life is shortened

As I understand it the DO remains in solution for ~ 12 hours before dissipating. Also, the DO is spent when the solution is agitated, as it would be in a F & D.

I flood every 2 hours, which means I could put the emitter on a deep cycle timer to eyeball saturaton after each flood

Knowing the approximate 'on' time per gallon could eliminate the need for a $500 DO meter. Without actual cannabis grows to draw from the potential benefit might be negligible, but, IF, as Dennis from O2Grow says it make nutrients ~ 30% more efficient/effective, and you go through ~ 10 gallons a year, that savings alone could pay for the system.

I don't have that issue, for me it would be more about experimenting with the science.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

The cola on the left under the SPYDR will come down later today. One cola from her was cut on the 20th, and is hanging (last picture). The one of the right still needs a few days

Both plants under the Amare SE 250 probably 5-7 more days

IMG 4326
IMG 4327
IMG 4329
IMG 4330
IMG 4331
IMG 4328

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

While I removed the plant on the left under the SPYDR 2 days ago, I left it in the dark until this morning.

The larger bottom half goes to my led biz partner.

Here's the whole cola + trimmed top

The other 3 plants have 1-2 weeks left

IMG 4332
IMG 4333
IMG 4334
IMG 4335
IMG 4336

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Thought you would like to see the root ball from the plant I took down yesterday

Not a lot of roots, BUT, with 1-2 hour flood cycles, the roots don’t need to go ‘in search of’

Importantly, not how delicate the roots are, which mans tons of root hairs

IMG 4337
IMG 4338
IMG 4339

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I started adding back using only SEA 90 minerals (1 tsp/G= 850ppm) since 6/16 @ ~ one gallon every other say in each of the 2 rezes. I noticed a brief increase in new pistils, but also a quickening of older pistis to turning red

It looks like the 3 remaining plants have < 7 days to go

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

This morning I was on the john, thumbing through my Emerald Harvest Nutrient catalog. Since I am in late flower, I went to the the 3 flowering additives; Honey Chome (almost out), Emerald Goddess (not green), and King Kola (which is)

I asked myself why the F aren't you adding these to the SEA 90 minerals? Correcting now

LEDs don't Penetrate? This is so often said, by ignorant people. I have a cola on the very bottom of one plant, (under the Amare Technology SE 250) that is so heavy, it is lying on the tote lid (see ic) the light is 43" above this cola

I took pics inside each rez showing my waterfalls which are on a separate pump and timer which cycles every 1.8 hours so that when the 2 hour flood cycle engages, the nutrient solution has lots of DO. My dumbass forgot how strong the fountain spray is, so had a bit of clean up outside the rez

The last picture is from the SPYDR 600

IMG 4342
IMG 4347
IMG 4343
IMG 4344

IMG 4346
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

About an hour ago I turned off the SPYDR over the remaining plant. FYI I chopped only the lowest branches. There's still a good bit to harvest.
jump.gif

I also turned off the CoBs over the other 2 plants

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

About an hour ago I turned off the 2 pumps to the plant under the SPYDR 600. Gonna harvest the rest of her tomorrow

Here's a cool system, especially the pots, which would solve a problem I have dealt with with my DIY storage totes, which is not getting all the nutrient out after each flood. I tilt the totes toward the drain plug, but there is still too much left.

The system can also be used for other medium

A complete 6 bucket system is ~ $540 + free shipping

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Happy 4th, though Im not feeling as Independent as we should be today. No matter your politics, we can agree that big brother is not only watching, but ramping up its game. If you think its been bad, wait until thy roll out 5G

I pulled the rest of the plant out this morning after 4-5 days in the dark and no water since about 6pm yesterday: probably should have done that for 24 hours. Pics later.

RE Oxygen Pot System: Since I already have pumps and timers Ill get the 6pak https://greenenvysupply.com/product/...expansion-kit/

Top Bottom