Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings

• Thread starter PhatNuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

LPA is doing OK, but not seeing new root hairs. Outdoor plant looks healthier, has more crystals

Observing the lpa roots, they MAY be too wet right before each 15 minute spray, so I increased pause to 18 minutes

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Thinking over my previous comment, I decided to flush the lpa roots in ~ 5% h2o2: I let them soak completely submerged for ~ 10 minutes, giggling them every couple minutes

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Although I am seeing buds getting bigger, I am still not happy with root wetting times. This because my Sentinel timer is not accurate to ONE second, so I decided to increase ON time from 2 to 3 seconds, assuring ~ 2 second spray. I also increased pause to 21 minutes

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Aha.

Checking plants this morning. Nuggz are more solid AND I see evidence of new root hairs
woohoo.gif

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

5/6 Triple berry gifted seeds have broken through the coco :fire:

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Most of you realize this grow is a huge disappointment BUT a lot can be learned by attempting to salvage as much as possible. I think I figured out the problem: I side filled the coco inserts with more coco instead of small stones, which drain easily, whereas the coco stays wet, which Im pretty sure caused the root rot. In that vain...

Here's an interesting observation: The plant with the smallest root structure (more like a thin string) naturally has the fewest buds which are mostly tight balls with very little smell.

Well, a couple days ago I decided to loop the root across the bottom of the net pot and stick the end in the other side. Yesterday I noticed a new root exiting the loop and today, one of the low buds has new pistils (not able to focus in the dark)

Say high to the Triple Berry babies. I've been feeding them a very diluted grow liquid with a dropper. Will start spraying the leafs with a dilute mix of Emerald Harvest Pro A + Emerald Gold + Root Wizard

IMG 4598
IMG 4599
IMG 4600
IMG 4601

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Most of you realize this grow is a huge disappointment BUT a lot can be learned by attempting to salvage as much as possible. I think I figured out the problem: I side filled the coco inserts with more coco instead of small stones, which drain easily, whereas the coco stays wet, which Im pretty sure caused the root rot. In that vain...

Here's an interesting observation: The plant with the smallest root structure (more like a thin string) naturally has the fewest buds which are mostly tight balls with very little smell.

Well, a couple days ago I decided to loop the root across the bottom of the net pot and stick the end in the other side. Yesterday I noticed a new root exiting the loop and today, one of the low buds has new pistils (not able to focus in the dark)

Say high to the Triple Berry babies. I've been feeding them a very diluted grow liquid with a dropper. Will start spraying the leafs with a dilute mix of Emerald Harvest Pro A + Emerald Gold + Root Wizard

View attachment 852615 View attachment 852616 View attachment 852617 View attachment 852618
Do you use hydroguard?? I do and my roots are great.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Do you use hydroguard?? I do and my roots are great.

No, neither do I use DM Zone, which I have, but forgot to employ, though I have soaked the entire plant root in ~ 10% h2o2 several times. Since the problem goes all the way up into the net pots, I doubt anything would help

FatManatee

FatManatee

Must say I'm surprised that you managed to get such a high yield with those brown roots! Did you use H2O2 during your grow?

And woah... You prolly just made a doube... triple.. quadruple.... gazillion post, never seen anyone fill an entire forum page with just their own comments.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

No, neither do I use DM Zone, which I have, but forgot to employ, though I have soaked the entire plant root in ~ 10% h2o2 several times. Since the problem goes all the way up into the net pots, I doubt anything would help
I pledge to hydroguard lol

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Yesterday I checked the 18 minute pause to see the wetness of roots just prior to the next spray cycle the roots were still too wet, so I increased to 21 minutes. checking today, that is close to what they need to develop new root hairs

I also sucked ut 1- 1.5G of ~ 800 ppm and replaced with water, bringing ppm down to ~ 450

The buds are much bigger under the light than outdoors, but, the outdoors plant has a lot more aroma

Triple Berrys are 3-3+" tall, so I increased height under them getting them closer to the light. The are now ~ 2.5ft below he ight, but am going to raise them closer

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Must say I'm surprised that you managed to get such a high yield with those brown roots! Did you use H2O2 during your grow?

And woah... You prolly just made a doube... triple.. quadruple.... gazillion post, never seen anyone fill an entire forum page with just their own comments.

Not sure why very few reply, but plenty are watching (19k+), and hopefully learning from my mistakes

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

It occurred to me that since the youngun's are this tall, their tap roots have probably already reached the bottom. Yes, in all 5

I went ahead and loaded them into their individual net pots, but this time no coco insert and no coco surrounding each coco pellet. I believe doing those two things caused the root rot problems I had with my last two grows. Before outsmarting myself, I did it this way with no root rot issues

You can see the progression

First I center each coco pelet inside then I place 3-4 stones to center the pellets, then sidefill with more stones, capping the tops

Although I placed them in the bubbler, I have not filled it or inserted the air stones. I will hand feed for a few days, letting the runoff collect in the 3 gallon tote

IMG 4602
IMG 4603

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Babies

They look fine with 2 a day hand watering, but I haven't yet seen the tap roots escape the net pot (but it is early): these seeds are too valuable to F with.

Still, thinking the problem could be lack of water inside the tote, I added 1/2 g water and 2 air stones to create a humid environment, which roots love

If this doesn't work, I wll fill to the net pot and add 2 more stones

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom