Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings

• Thread starter PhatNuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Babies

They look fine with 2 a day hand watering, but I haven't yet seen the tap roots escape the net pot (but it is early): these seeds are too valuable to F with.

Still, thinking the problem could be lack of water inside the tote, I added 1/2 g water and 2 air stones to create a humid environment, which roots love

If this doesn't work, I wll fill to the net pot and add 2 more stones
That’s how I start in rapid rooters after bean sprouts but before I see roots through rooter. I just put a small amount of hydroton to cover bottom net pot. Then fill water till you can see bubbling at bottom of net pot. Then set rapid rooter and fill sides with hydroton.

chemistry

chemistry

I find that if I lower the water line too much it forces more roots to exit the bottom, whereas I want more roots exiting the sides of the net pots

In DWC I like the tap root to exit the pot and form a root ball under the pot, or I find I get uncontrollable root rot. In soil or peat I like the roots to form root balls as I up pot, so I'm not fussed if they come out the sides or not, and not found it makes any difference whether the roots come out the sides or not.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

My intended use for the O2G 2020 is to put each of the 2 plates into 2 different rezes. I just put one in the bubbler, the other remains in the lpa system

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Probably less than a week for the older girls. Note the root pic barely has any healthy roots, but somehow they are feeding the plant.

I am only letting these continue as I do not need the space yet, and the colas/calyx are still fattening up

The white stuff is DE to kill the gnats: 99% reduction in an hour!

The plant outside looks great, though small due to the same root issues prior to me potting it outside in coco

Babies

It never ceases to amazes me how 5 plants from the same strain can all be unique. Naturally, the biggest one has the most roots

IMG 4608
IMG 4612
IMG 4607
IMG 4610
IMG 4611
IMG 4609

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I clipped the top buds on the bifurcated plant in the front. Interestingly, below them the rest of the bud sites have new pistils. This is the plant I took root pic showing new root/roothairs

Babies

In just 3 days since prior pic they have really taken off

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I harvested 1/2 left in the lpa setup. this one with virtually no healthy roots. Not much to harvest, but, what I did get is sticky, loaded with trichs, pungent aroma, so at least there's that.

will likey harvest the other later today (dealing with a bit of a hangover). Once that's gone, I need to clean the lpa system thoroughly, to try 1/5 Triple berries in it now that I think I solved the problem.

The other 4 will go into my tried and true F & D setup, with a twist. I will be using the O2Grow emitter in each rez. Will likely test one rez, keeping one extra pump with venturi to circulate the nutes

IMG 4614
IMG 4617
IMG 4613
IMG 4615

chemistry

chemistry

Is there an after taste when you smoke weed with no roots.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

My new water additive is Shungite rocks. I just changed 4 stages of my 5 stage iSpring RO, 3 have twist off canisters, so I dropped one stone in each of them. I will also place 3 on my incoming water pipe which already has 4 large neodymium magnets.

Just made fresh nutes and a fresh foliar spray. The babies are already growing fast, alas, I won't have a control, but away we go

I put one emitter in the bubbler and one in the lpa, which my be the only reason why the plants didn't die

As I am uncomfortable going all in again with the lpa (though I think I figured out my problem) but, I will go with the smallest plant, whereas the other 4 will go into 2 x 2 F & D totes. with an O2G 2020 DO emitter in each

IMG 4234
IMG 4619
IMG 4620
IMG 4618
IMG 3542

Is there an after taste when you smoke weed with no roots.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
My new water additive is Shungite rocks. I just changed 4 stages of my 5 stage iSpring RO, 3 have twist off canisters, so I dropped one stone in each of them. I will also place 3 on my incoming water pipe which already has 4 large neodymium magnets.

Just made fresh nutes and a fresh foliar spray. The babies are already growing fast, alas, I won't have a control, but away we go

I put one emitter in the bubbler and one in the lpa, which my be the only reason why the plants didn't die

As I am uncomfortable going all in again with the lpa (though I think I figured out my problem) but, I will go with the smallest plant, whereas the other 4 will go into 2 x 2 F & D totes. with an O2G 2020 DO emitter in each

View attachment 855864 View attachment 855865 View attachment 855866 View attachment 855867 View attachment 855868

Yo PhatNugz...! man try this... at least the +Life. I had the same problem with that first grow that i didn't want to discuss. Botanicare Hydroguard Bacillus Root Inoculant & +Life+Life the two together are awesome!!! +Life has to come from mfg (follow url) Hydroguard from Amazon (buy the little bottle first).

btw, heisenbubble hooked me up to cns-17 and +Life. now i swear by both :)

Upload 2019 2 9 18 53 26

Last edited:
chemistry

chemistry

Im not sure whether you're injecting a bit of humor, but I suspect not. More roots would have supported a much bigger plant though

Not humour, not having a go. The last time I smoked bubble hash it tasted like the bucket water it was produced in. I've had root rot a few times, but always got it under control by the start of flower. Root rot stinks, and if your plant sucks it up, then your bud will contain some sort of taste or smell. Your a competent grower, you just need to wipe out the root rot before you start any more plants, or it just goes round and round.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Thanks for contributing guys!

chem, I hope the O2G prevented nasty tasting buds, but will now soon

AA, is +Life from Hydro Research? I have a small sample, and I have Dutch Master Zone. What dosage and how often?

I think one of the issues was not cleaning the pumps (the roots did respond once I did that), by running them with H2O2 or chlorine while also running it through the pvc and mist/lpa heads, and also in my F & D set up

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Thanks for contributing guys!

chem, I hope the O2G prevented nasty tasting buds, but will now soon

AA, is +Life from Hydro Research? I have a small sample, and I have Dutch Master Zone. What dosage and how often?

I think one of the issues was not cleaning the pumps (the roots did respond once I did that), by running them with H2O2 or chlorine while also running it through the pvc and mist/lpa heads, and also in my F & D set up

+Life is 1 tsp per 10 gal. per week.
don't forget the Hydroguard. it is cheap and it works. It stops RR from showing its ugly head at all. +Life breaks down the "flake off / slough off" that is inevitable that is a result of RR and provides food for other "bad actors". Use it weekly.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
...I think one of the issues was not cleaning the pumps (the roots did respond once I did that), by running them with H2O2 or chlorine while also running it through the pvc and mist/lpa heads, and also in my F & D set up

So to reset my grow box, how much chlorine (per gallon) should i run through the entire system (chiller included i assume)? How Long?

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter

View attachment 855864 View attachment 855865 View attachment 855866 View attachment 855867 View attachment 855868

Forgot to ask about your res temp. If you are consistently over 65 degrees, then you are asking for trouble.

Top Bottom