Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings

• Thread starter PhatNuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I moved the 2 remaining budding plants outside yesterday. 5 now in coco. The roots have some new growth, but not what it should be, so not expecting much improvement in size/bud volume from where they are, but a little something is better than nothing

I changed the bubbler nutes to Hydroponic Research + ~ 200ppm CaMg and dropped the 2 TB seedlings that I had been hand watering into the bubbler

Then I dropped 2 more Triple berry seeds into water + some Kelp juice yesterday

Last edited:
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Just keep at it. Write everything down. Notes on Notes. Only change one variable at a time. Took me a full year to really dial in mixing my own salts and wool to the point where I'm at. Lots of rooms and plants. Just don't get discouraged. I PH once and fill rez's once a week now. All of my other time is playing with the plants. It can be as labor intensive as you want to make it. I also have followed most of this thread.

Just a heads up RAW, for the price, is crazy expensive. Better off ordering the same chems from custom hydro nutes or a local AG supplier. Tweaking the nute recipe with add backs and what works and doesnt is what really takes time. Def move to powder. Shelf life and ease of use. As you can see with the RAW.

The only other suggestion I can make is really start breaking down ppm wise what you are feeding them and start tweaking that one at a time. That is where you will directly see the difference when moving a macro by 50-100 ppm and the effect it has on the plants. Jacks is really the only thing, what i consider, to be in the right range without having to stack bottle on bottle or go full 7 diff chems to get what you want. On a small scale not really worth it unless you like tweaking.

Keep it up man. It's a journey but so satisfying in the end.

Yo, PhatNuggz try this link GrowLog Spreadsheet it is the spreadsheet i use for a log. feel free to modify as needed. If you cannot download, let me know and i'll figure another way to get it to you.

Peace Out!

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

AA that's fantastic, if only my printer wasn't broken, but all those colors would eat up cartridges

If you laminated them for grease pen I would buy it. Pretty sure a lot of growers would :cool:

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
AA that's fantastic, if only my printer wasn't broken, but all those colors would eat up cartridges

If you laminated them for grease pen I would buy it. Pretty sure a lot of growers would :cool:

Sent!

You can take/send it to OfficeMax/Office Depot and they will laminate. Enjoy.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I am not happy with the new batch of coco pods. Seems they changed something, which I assume is the quality of the coco

Just yesterday (5 days from dropping into coco AFTER they cracked), the 2 new Triple B seedlings broke ground.

Also, the first 2 seedlings from the newest batch of triple B have yet to root properly, which has not been a problem in past use of the pods

This means a lot more nursing and coaxing to get this new grow started

Anybody have a better solution to start seeds?

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I am not happy with the new batch of coco pods. Seems they changed something, which I assume is the quality of the coco

Just yesterday (5 days from dropping into coco AFTER they cracked), the 2 new Triple B seedlings broke ground.

Also, the first 2 seedlings from the newest batch of triple B have yet to root properly, which has not been a problem in past use of the pods

This means a lot more nursing and coaxing to get this new grow started

Anybody have a better solution to start seeds?

I am having sort of the same issue, starting in rock wool cubes..

of the 3 HSO Sour Diesels i put into Germ. on the 11th only one had popped by the evening of the 15th so i dropped two more. Now waiting to see what happens. If these fail i will have to change seed supplier. Damn things are too expensive for that kind of failure rate.

To be fair, I will refrain from identifying the source until i see how these do.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Using the same method, the 2 new seedlings tap roots are already sticking out the bottom of their net pots
woohoo.gif

The older 2 are still idling but no idea why as all 4 are in the same hydro under the same light

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I am having sort of the same issue, starting in rock wool cubes..

of the 3 HSO Sour Diesels i put into Germ. on the 11th only one had popped by the evening of the 15th so i dropped two more. Now waiting to see what happens. If these fail i will have to change seed supplier. Damn things are too expensive for that kind of failure rate.

To be fair, I will refrain from identifying the source until i see how these do.

I stopped using RW a long time ago

If you looked back far enough here, I was gifted 5 uber expensive seeds and NONE cracked. I then droped 5 of my own seeds and all popped. No idea what might have happened to the uber expensive seeds

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

While I no longer use RW starter cubes or Rapid Starter, Im not happy with 100% organic coco pellets either, at least with hydro for seed starting. They all hold too much water, which can easily cause topping off, or root rot

To minimize this I now use eye droppers and even hypodermic needles to inject SMALL amounts of water into the medium. As it is too easy to overwet, I am now letting them air dry in net pots and waiting 1-3 hours between feedings until I see the tap root.

I do not recommend putting them in a close walled container, unless there's a lot of air space around them

hth

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I used to use rapid rooters in Texas cause the high humidity. Once I moved to CO I killed my first batch of clones cause they dried out in a day. RW starter cubes is what I have used for everything since then. Soil, coco, Hydro, clones, seeds doesnt matter. They are just so consistent for me and get 100% rooting in them.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

FInally, the plant in the lower left (previous picture) is popping roots out one corner, alas, the other one still has no roots and is idling

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Oops, I forgot to load pictures. the last4 2 were taken this morning . 1/2 taken earlier still has no roots, so I reset it in the netpot in hopes of finally getting it to root.

The droopy plant actually looked just like this before a heavy rain. After which it was all perky. 2 days later back to this WTF?

IMG 4659
IMG 4660
IMG 4654
IMG 4652

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Update

Youngest 2 plants (2 biggest) are loading up with roots, so expecting some good growth this week

Finally seeing more root growth on 1/2 older plants. Alas, one is still looking bad. I started feeding the coco pod with ~ 200 ppm Sea Minerals

Changed nutes @ <300ppm

IMG 4661
IMG 4662
IMG 4663
IMG 4664

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

First pic, the plant has root rot.

I doubt. It's healthy with lots of laterals growing out. That said something cause the lower leafs to yellow and die

As I mentioned the photo color is very deceiving

chemistry

chemistry

The rot is two nodes up on all the plants, the leaves will start to shrivel next. You need some thing to eat it, like a friendly enzyme that turns rot and dead roots into sugars that your plant can eat.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

The rot is two nodes up on all the plants, the leaves will start to shrivel next. You need some thing to eat it, like a friendly enzyme that turns rot and dead roots into sugars that your plant can eat.

I am thinking to stop using the organic coco pellets, but I've had excellent results with them (last box), OR, maybe, just maybe for some reason the O2Grow isn't compatible at least at this stage of growth

Gonna pull it now

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I started soaking in h202 yesterday, but

This morning I moved a puffed out coco pod that I was using to support one of the plants and noticed it was wet. The light bulb turned on. The coco pellets are the source, as I noticed they stay wet in the bubbler. Apparently not designed for constant wetting from the bubbler. I thought about lowering the water line but first I added a second net pot with some small marbles in between raising the coco pellet ~ 1/2", so that the coco doesn't get so wet. All 4 are now outside the bubbler. I will lightly hand feed 2-3Xs/day until they recover, then back into the bubbler.

Once they recover I will reintroduce the O2G 2020

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I decided not to hand feed but HydroRed, from another thread, suggested putting my air pump on a timer :love1:

Still working out the o/o times

So all are back in the bubbler and the coco is not wet up top . Looking much better. Should be recovered with new roots in a few days

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

2/3 plants (with at least some root) have responded well, but the other has no roots showing. I just reinserted the O2Grow

Top Bottom