Hail Hydro!

• Thread starter PhatNuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Weigh In Diesel Under SPYDR 600

I hit half a pound from a single plant, or damned close.

I gave several large colas to my biz partner, for him to cure, so no weigh in for them, but I am confident it was in the 30gm range

Not bad for ~ 360w

Most likely would have been a lot more, but ...

I was experimenting with replacing air stones in the 3 gallon rez with flooming, using a 160 gph pump 24/7. I did not think that the temps would climb but they were well into 90* for a couple days

Plus, plant was being flooded 8xs a day (another mistake, should have been 4), so the roots/leafs suffered significantly, which probably affected trich production

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

These girls were started ~ mid January, with 30 days of veg (thinking to shorten to 3 weeks next go round), but veg can be extended due to slow finish time of maturing plants under the main lights

Currently 66 days since first pistils. Checking daily with my scope, while they look done, I have only seen a few amber trichs. I'll give them a few more days, but the Diesel babies need to be moved from the starter system

They were popped March 9th, so already more than 30 days veg

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

REVISED WEIGHT with pictures

I hit greater 292g from a single plant.

I gave several large colas to my biz partner, for him to cure, so no weigh in for them, but I am confident it was in the 30gm range + 262, plus some larf = > 0.64 g/w

Not bad for ~ 360w

I was experimenting with replacing air stones in the 3 gallon rez with flooming via a 160 gph pump 24/7. I did not think that the temps would climb but they were well into 90* for a couple days

Plus, plant was being flooded 8xs a day (another mistake, should have been 4), so the roots/leafs suffered significantly from the hot water feedings, which probably affected trich production

woohoo.gif
woohoo.gif
woohoo.gif
:wooho o:

I see I neglected to post weight pics
IMG 3845
IMG 3846
IMG 3847
Lowest bud 38gms

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Late yesterday I turned off the Amare P3 light over the 2 plants. I am finally seeing some amber trichs, the plant on the left threw bunch of hermie flowers

Diesel Babies I replaced 1/3 Transcend Lighting LED T5s white lights with a second red light (now 2/2) over my 30+ day old Diesel babies. I need to get the babies out of the shallow bubbler and into a deeper tote so that the roots have more room to grow, which is critical before I can move the chosen ones into their individual grow/flower totes

I received my repaired BML bar, but will not be needing the SPYDR for a while

IMG 3848

sixstring

sixstring

REVISED WEIGHT with pictures

I hit greater 292g from a single plant.

I gave several large colas to my biz partner, for him to cure, so no weigh in for them, but I am confident it was in the 30gm range + 262, plus some larf = > 0.64 g/w

Not bad for ~ 360w

I was experimenting with replacing air stones in the 3 gallon rez with flooming via a 160 gph pump 24/7. I did not think that the temps would climb but they were well into 90* for a couple days

Plus, plant was being flooded 8xs a day (another mistake, should have been 4), so the roots/leafs suffered significantly from the hot water feedings, which probably affected trich production

woohoo.gif
woohoo.gif
woohoo.gif
:wooho o:

I see I neglected to post weight pics
View attachment 693418 View attachment 693419 View attachment 693420 View attachment 693421
not too shabby man.now try one with all the leaves in tact and see what she weighs :cool:

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Just moved 6 diesel babies to deep tote

Everything is geared toward he 3" net pots, which allows up to 6 young plants in this tote. From here, I can eliminate the males and any runts I don't have space for

The light is much more pink to the eye, but not overly so
IMG 3849
IMG 3850
IMG 3851

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

This article is very informative. Just one tidbit is that plants excrete through its root system

... roots secrete an enormous range of compounds into the surrounding soil. This area, called the rhizosphere, can be divided into three zones: endorhizosphere (root tissue, including the endodermis and cortical layers), rhizoplane (the root surface with the epidermis and mucilage) and ectorhizosphere (the soil nearby the root) (Lynch 1987).

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Thanks. I pulled the smallest 2 plants from the middle of each row. One might be a female, so I put her outside in CC

Unfortunately, the gifted seeds came without origin

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Babies are looking great with 4 air stones, HOWEVER, I modified my lp pump adding my DIY venturi, which really agitates the water, as opposed to flowing out of the simple T. Ah, so quiet now, and no stones to clean (algae builds up on them)

Super easy, just drill cut a small hole in the tubing and insert a smaller tube (long enough to be above the water line and cut at 45*. Face the open area AWAY from the water flow. Sorry, I meant to take a pic, but then I got high

Right now I am running the pump 24/7, and monitoring water temps. Last grow I had to put it on a deep cycle timer ~ 5/20, but that was pre venturi which is pumping a lot more air into the water

Here are the babies pre venturi

IMG 3855

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I have a temp probe water was 81*, not terrible, but, an hour after adding a blue ice pack temp has been a steady 73*

Also working on setting up 3 more rezes with lp venturi pumps

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I bought another pump (265 gph) which has the inflow on the bottom. This will be used in my tall igloo rez, however, trying it out in my starter/cloner rez, where it is on its side. Also should I need to use a shallow rez as I did last grow. I put it and the fan outside the tent on my deep cycle timer 3/20. No idea whether the larger pump matters, but it does produce a much faster flow for the diy venturi to benefit from= a lot more flow and bubbles. The venturi is simple, a small tube (vertical which is above the water line) pushed into the larger tube. The section of the smaller tube is cut on a ~ 45* angle facing away from the flow which creates the bubbles. Lots of YT videos

I will be moving the 2 babies with largest roots into individual totes

IMG 3856
IMG 3857

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Yesterday I set up first of 2 totes with individual plants

The rez has a small venturi pump set up for oxygenating

I have flooming pumps in each rez and the outside the tent fan on the same timer 3/15

I found it important to keep an eye on the transferred plants as not as much of the root system is getting wet, consequently leafs droop.

Simple solution is to also top feed a couple times a day until the roots grow down into the stone bed

IMG 3858
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

FYI: From previous grows I learned in the early stages that I need to put an o/o valve on each feeder tube, at least when using the 4 g tote as a rez. They allow me to shut one side off when flooding, so as to geet a lot more nutrient to each plants root system

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Update: 2 days ago I pushed the flood cycle to 3 hours. Next day the primary leafs were drooping, so back to every 2 hours for now

So far so good with replacing air pump/stones with a lp pump + Venturi to create bubbles

Seeds were first cross of Diesel with Diesel. Note the pheno differences in just 4 plants
IMG 3864
IMG 3865

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Major bummer.

Just when I was getting ready to move them to the main tents I noticed that the 2 plants on the right in the previous photo have hanging nuts/nanners (when they fill ut they look more like coconut bunches than bananas). The middle plant is most surprising, as it is quite full some 6" below the top

Popped more Diesel seeds last night, but in water beads, which are tiny balls that expand when soaked in water.

Stay tuned

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I pulled the 2 nut sacks (see root pic) and replaced with the 2 that were in my floom only tote. Note one as yellow leafs and some purple stems. This plant's roots were directly over the pump, and might have been affected by the electrical fields

No idea whether they are female- time will tell. Their root systems are much smaller than the 2 from the f & d system; the larger of the 2 had a much more developed root system

IMG 3866
IMG 3867

Top Bottom