Hail Hydro!

• Thread starter PhatNuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Looking at the roots from the flooming tote with plants growing in it, instead of in an outboard rez: they are no where near as developed as when I used the 4 air stones, plus the plant that was directly over the pump looks sick. Perhaps it was to far away from the bubbles, or maybe the electric proximity affected it

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Going back in my files, it looks like I started the Diesel around April 10. 3 males set me back as well as the flooming rez, which I think it needs to be deeper, or stick with air stones for the first few weeks

Plant on right finally bouncing back, though a shadow of the girl on the left which is not setting the world on fire either

Plant on left showing first pistils, so I defoled a whooping 6 leafs

4/ 5 seeds I started in the water beads have tap roots, so I transferred them to starter cubes with a dilute Emerald Harvest Root Wizard and Grow

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

pH: or why hydro can go south

I admit, I should know better, but I totally failed at checking pH until today. Holy Shit 7.9: no wonder the plants aren't filling out, and the plant on the right has both dark green leafs and yellow tips

Rez drained, totes flushed, fresh nutes pHed to 5.6 and away we go

Also a pic of the complex of timers to run the flooding pump, the flooming pump and fan, plus the lights
IMG 3868
IMG 3869

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

It's been 7 hours, but I swear the plants look much happier. Expecting good things soon

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I've done quite a bit of DIY experimentation throughout this thread. I think it's time to start a new one, beginning with where my DIY has evolved to date.

So far I have not been able to conquer the limitations of low rez height, even when using 4G totes as rezes. s good bit of why is that it's pretty warm here 8 months of the year and I have not 'invested' in a chiller, because IMO they are not the panacea I want

I do have a 24 can igloo cooler (which will be easier to maintain cool temps) that I have yet to employ as a rez, but I think it's time, especially now that we're already pushing 90*s hard

Also, I have my taller igloo cooler pretty well dialed in. Actually had 2 pumps go belly up in the last 4 days, one brand new

Thinking to title the new thread Hail Hydro. 2.0: The story Continues

Thoughts

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Just made fresh nutes @ ~ 600ppm

2 of the babies main stalks are tall spindly, and need help to support them until they firm up. I have one coco starter/clone plug that works ok, but looking for something better. Ideas?

Primary leafs have grown fairly large (and secondary leafs/nodes/branches spurting) since defoling on May 16th

Pics tomorrow

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Today's pics

While the plant on the right may never amount to much, it's not taking up space I otherwise need, but it certainly looks a lot healthier

Babies plugging along. Not a fan of Rapid Rooters, mostly because they are tapered and don't stand up straight

The bubble water balls work OK, but, nothing great

IMG 3871
IMG 3872

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Only 2 seed survivors, maybe 3, but it's so far behind, and no way to know if any are female, so...

I dropped a bunch of new seeds in water- my cross; Diesel x WW X G13

I bought Planters Pride Pellets- organic coco coir pellets that expand once they are soaked/wetted

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Replaced one more white TL tube with a red, now 3/3 will replace one more white in ~ 5 days to push for max bud development

Soaking the Pellets in prep for dropping 2 of the seeds that already have taps coming out

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Just a place holder for myself. I did first defol on 5/16, so next one at ~ 06/06

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Nute ppm to this point < 700. Getting ready to make up a stronger batch, but < 1000ppm

I had to snap the top 6" of the plant on the left

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Since adding one more red tube the bigger plant has responded with longer and thicker bottom branches, along with a significant bump in bud development

I had to add some weight to the snapped top stem to keep it horizontal

The other plant is doing better than it has a right to

The 2 older seedlings are developing more leafs but still require support to stay up. The small one in the front is the first seed to crack and placed into thee coco pouches.

Under the humid dome: one of the seeds has popped through, should see cotyledons by days end

IMG 3878
IMG 3879
IMG 3880

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I am going to play musical chairs with the plants, moving the 2 currently under the led tubes to the tent with the Amare 250 + BML supplemental bars. Just waiting a few days for the young plants main stems to firm up

This will provide optimal enhanced lighting and more umoles to max bud and trich production

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I removed the oldest fan leafs this morning

Note the 4 symmetrically positioned lower branches with lighter green tips as they are growing

see before and after pics

IMG 3881
IMG 3882
IMG 3883
IMG 3884
IMG 3885

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Just completed the musical chair plant/tent swap

Amazing how much denser the flowering plants look outside the tent and against a black background

Also, the babies are now near my computer, so I can keep a much closer eye on them

IMG 3887
IMG 3888
IMG 3889
IMG 3890
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

On a sad note, the cannabis corporate takeover is quietly in full swing :

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Although I have been happy with EH full line, two products I feel are missing is Yucca and a BIOGENIC Silica. So, I purchased these from RAW.

Started adding the Yucca a couple days ago. Mixing fresh EH nutes with both for next rez change

Using only RAW Grow + Yucca and Silica in my new grow babies, though I have some Humic acid too

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Drained the rez this morning; added fresh EH nutes + RAW Yucca and Biogenic Silica

It seems the precip I have been experiencing is gone due to adding Yucca, a wetting agent

Top Bottom