Hang Dry Or Dry Rack?

• Thread starter Eyebedam
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eyebedam

Eyebedam

So I just wet trimmed my first harvest & it's time to dry. Would you recommend hanging them to dry or get 1 of those hanging drying racks/baskets? Looking for what will be the least likely for me to F up being my first grow & all...

Thanks

Monster762

Monster762

Hang whole plant. With airflow but not right on it. You cut down and use a rack it’s going to dry quicker and not get the taste or smell. Or smoke as good. My first run felt that it dried too quick. But few weeks in jars it’s pretty good.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Hang all day racks are nice if you have pounds and a buyer on their way other than that fuck racks bud drys too fast and leaves ya with hay

New2dagame

New2dagame

Looks good man. Make sure buds don't touch . Give them as much space as possible. Keep some type of airflow under bud. Don't let air hit buds directly . Temp from 65-72 RH 53-60
4-7days hang , then cure for at least 2weeks .Should be good . Happy harvest !!

New2dagame

New2dagame

Looks like good yeild from a Auto seed.
Any training on the plant ? Bout to pop some autos for the first time . Any suggestions.
FYI .. you will lose 70% of that bud after dry. Remember my first time and how surprised I was to see how much bud you lose during hang dry .

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I fully wet trim, then I go my shut down, temp/rh controlled flower room as my dry room. After trimming, they go into dry nets. I rotate 2x daily, with absolutely zero flat spots.

P

Pimples

Hang whole plant. With airflow but not right on it. You cut down and use a rack it’s going to dry quicker and not get the taste or smell. Or smoke as good. My first run felt that it dried too quick. But few weeks in jars it’s pretty good.
A rack will have a negligible effect on drying time compared to a line. What does have an effect on drying time is size of flower/stem length/thickness and the room temperature and relative humidity that the rack and/or line is in.

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

Looks good man. Make sure buds don't touch . Give them as much space as possible. Keep some type of airflow under bud. Don't let air hit buds directly . Temp from 65-72 RH 53-60
4-7days hang , then cure for at least 2weeks .Should be good . Happy harvest !!

Just checked my temps
67 with a RH of 56%

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

Looks like good yeild from a Auto seed.
Any training on the plant ? Bout to pop some autos for the first time . Any suggestions.
FYI .. you will lose 70% of that bud after dry. Remember my first time and how surprised I was to see how much bud you lose during hang dry .
No I didn't really do any training per say... I did defoliate once, best advice I can give is start them off in the final pot you plan on using them in & don't over water or go crazy with the nutes...

BudBogart

BudBogart

Are rack dried small bud flatspots really that critical? Wow. Cmon.
Nope, not at all, but the question and my suggestion wasn't directed at small buds. If you put untrimmed wet bud on a rack the leaves press against the buds making them more difficult to trim once they have a chance to dry like that. I actually toss small buds on a rack myself but my focus isn't on the small buds. Talk about critical! I thought my comment was pretty benign.

Latest posts

Top Bottom