Hanging Upside Down Or Dry Tent?

• Thread starter PassTheJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PassTheJ

Just got one. Don't know why. Impulsive buy.. Does it matter if plants are hung upside down or left placed down into a tent for drying?

I hear there's no difference. If air circulation is ample, it shouldn't matter..

SmartSelectImage 2018 01 31 09 46 00
G gnome

G gnome

Just got one. Don't know why. Impulsive buy.. Does it matter if plants are hung upside down or left placed down into a tent for drying?

I hear there's no difference. If air circulation is ample, it shouldn't matter..
I prefer to hang em by the stem upside down. Generally, when ppl use those baskets they pop the buds off the stem. The buds dry faster this way. I prefer to dry slower. Other thing is the buds form a flat spot where theyve been sitting on the basket. Its not so much a problem if u wet trim tho

P

PassTheJ

If wet trim you mean trim them before drying then yes. I plan on fully trimming them first and then placing them into the tent. Rotate every 6 hours.. I don't plan on taking the buds off the stem. They'll be drying stem and all. After dry, I'll obvious chunk them up in jars..

I was just wondering if there is any actual difference in how it dries..

P

PassTheJ

Lol.. wife's gonna chew my ass if I end up not using it.

So I guess I could hang all the main branches and use the tent for popcorn and pre trim..

Why do you Prefer dry trimming?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Lol.. wife's gonna chew my ass if I end up not using it.

So I guess I could hang all the main branches and use the tent for popcorn and pre trim..

Why do you Prefer dry trimming?
The main reason people dry trim is environment..if you live in a very dry climate..you want the extra leaves to cover the bud and slow drying a bit.... You wet trim and hang to dry in a desert climate and youre pretty much guaranteed crap weed.
A...it gets too dry too fast
B...they throw it in the jar to fast and its wet.

Slower dry is better

P

PassTheJ

Both A and B are issues im aware from. I know if you if you jar it early, you'll get wet spots which wouild require extra drying.

In my case, temp will be 68°-72° and humidity will be roughly 35%.. I expect 3 days of drying.. I really don't want to trim after they dry.. I rather have an optimal environment and get done with most of it prior 2 hanging.

P

PassTheJ

The big thing about laying the weed down in that is do not leave it laying there until it is done. You must rotate often so they do not stick to the surface and tear apart as the surface it rests on will hold water. Also there is a risk of getting a flat pressed look laying the bud down in there too, again rotate often. Dry trim loses lots of trichs. Wet trim guarantees some live hash to smoke on later that is divine but as well produces more beautiful trim done properly. The Jamaicans hang dry outside in the shade and do not trim at all. Whatever you like is kind.

Been to Jamaica many times and now I get why their weed looks like it came out of someone's asshole...

P

PassTheJ

what is that supposed to mean, are you being prejudiced?

Just say it... I'm a total racist.. You got a smoke a fucking boot to get high..

I've smoked cartel brick weed better then the crap the Jamaican bus driver at the airport sold me.

DAT

DAT

Just say it... I'm a total racist.. You got a smoke a fucking boot to get high..

I've smoked cartel brick weed better then the crap the Jamaican bus driver at the airport sold me.
you are sooo naive! you tourist fool! you need to get on the beach to pick up the real deal dude. I got taken in Maui like that. Total crap. Dude selling it on the tourist highway . He was standing on the side of the road shaking a ziplock bag with what appeared to be Maui Wowie! we spent a bunch a money for like totally shit... BUT on the local s beach locals will sell you fuckin Fire and that is where you look. Don't be so quick to purchase. look and smell it first.

P

PassTheJ

you are sooo naive! you tourist fool! you need to get on the beach to pick up the real deal dude. I got taken in Maui like that. Total crap. Dude selling it on the tourist highway . He was standing on the side of the road shaking a ziplock bag with what appeared to be Maui Wowie! we spent a bunch a money for like totally shit... BUT on the local s beach locals will sell you fuckin Fire and that is where you look. Don't be so quick to purchase. look and smell it first.

Total b.s.. I bought an ounce from the driver. An ounce from the hotel grill cook. An ounce from the Rasta who lived in a shack to the side of the resort that carved wooden boats and it all was trash.. I was told I'd have to go into Elizabeth to get that fire.. Point is, all my Rasta friends will tell you the same thing.. Jamaica has alot of weed but their lay back culture isn't about trichs..

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Both A and B are issues im aware from. I know if you if you jar it early, you'll get wet spots which wouild require extra drying.

In my case, temp will be 68°-72° and humidity will be roughly 35%.. I expect 3 days of drying.. I really don't want to trim after they dry.. I rather have an optimal environment and get done with most of it prior 2 hanging.
With that...dry trim...once dried you can always throw in a bin and seal for later trim.

There is also a science to dry trimming.... When you wet trim you cut open plant cells...you cut or damage cells...when you damage living cells you oxidize phenol compounds faster than natural.... But what am i saying...do what you want

Last edited:
P

PassTheJ

With that...dry trim...once dried you can always throw in a bin and seal for later trim.

There is also a science to dry trimming.... When you wet trim you cut open plant cells...you cut or damage cells...when you damage living cells you oxidize phenol compounds faster than natural.... But what am i saying...do what you want

So in your case, you hang everything upside down. You leave everything in tact. You wait till it dries a couple of days later. Then you trim it before jarring or whatever you use to cure... Is that correct?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
So in your case, you hang everything upside down. You leave everything in tact. You wait till it dries a couple of days later. Then you trim it before jarring or whatever you use to cure... Is that correct?
Yes..glass jars for indoor.... Paint buckets for ourdoor

DAT

DAT

Total b.s.. I bought an ounce from the driver. An ounce from the hotel grill cook. An ounce from the Rasta who lived in a shack to the side of the resort that carved wooden boats and it all was trash.. I was told I'd have to go into Elizabeth to get that fire.. Point is, all my Rasta friends will tell you the same thing.. Jamaica has alot of weed but their lay back culture isn't about trichs..
lol, wow , you have had some back luck in Jamaica. Thats a lot of money to lay out for trash. So after you got burned once, you get burned 2 more times and not just for say an eight but an ounce. lol. I would be rather upset myself. Yeah I have no desire to go to Jamaica really and after hearing this especially not. it shouldn't be so hard to find some fire in Jamaica. There is a nude resort I was thinking about , it bet they have fire at the nude resort.

Latest posts

Top Bottom