Harley"s Vero Cob Grow

• Thread starter Harley09
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Harley09

Harley09

Hey 1816 thanks I used to have all of my grow supplies in there and a shelf for mixing my nutrients, I had to take them out to make room for the lights now it's just plants a fan and a couple of buckets for water

Harley09

Harley09

Meet my new SS 400
IMG 2934

Here it is I've taken the UVB bulbs off that will allow me to place the light between the COB's on my frame
IMG 2934
IMG 2876

Before I modified the light it was too big to fit any where
IMG 2932

It was really quite easy removing the wiring for the floursents the hardest yhing to do was cut off the side panels
IMG 2930

I was able to keep the cooling fans
IMG 2931

The next thing will be to mount to the existing COB frame

Krypto

Krypto

My light is 600 watts
just 8 plants
I'm growing in 3' x 6' area
I've got $800 invested in the light
I water by hand
growing in peat moss with 30% perlite added
all the plants are from regular seeds I've bred not sure how many males I'm gonna have but
if there are too many males I'll end this grow and start another
Get some more goin' bro...or pop some feminized. ope! I said the F-WORD nyuk, nyuk, nyuk. If your lights are dialed in (PAR, lumens, intensity, etc.) You can kinda pack'em in there. KEEP ME POSTED bro. You might be onto something, and we are going to be upgrading to our first led hopefully for Christmas. I highly doubt I build my own LOL. But The KIND XL 1000 looks pretty good.

Harley09

Harley09

Hey Krypto I'll be workin on the mounting for the lights today I got my materials and I'm ready to start after my morning Coffee I'll be addin 640 watts to the g room for a total of 1240 watts in a 4x6x8 area. I'm seein as much as 2 inches a day in growth. With the added light who knows but I'm hopein !

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Hey Krypto I'll be workin on the mounting for the lights today I got my materials and I'm ready to start after my morning Coffee I'll be addin 640 watts to the g room for a total of 1240 watts in a 4x6x8 area. I'm seein as much as 2 inches a day in growth. With the added light who knows but I'm hopein !
Im returning my ss440 today..
It was a loner with option to buy.
After much thought i decided to return it..
How much did you give for yours?

SteadyDoesIt

SteadyDoesIt

Good stuff so far, you do any compost teas ?

Harley09

Harley09

Im returning my ss440 today..
It was a loner with option to buy.
After much thought i decided to return it..
How much did you give for yours?
I paid half price on the first one through their journal program and the second one I got a discount on al in al it was close to 1200 bucks

Krypto

Krypto

I got my SS400s mounted today and now I have 1240 watts of light I'm ready to rock this grow!
How you like those pots man?
are they 7 gal? Nice set up btw.
... I'd say you got it dialed in.
Where'd you get the COBs, i mean the components. What's it cost to build 1? just 1?

Krypto

Krypto

Thanks Zen I've been there. I had to save up for 6 months to get my system. Did a lot of research in the meantime. I'll be doing some modifications to my system, I need to improve on the hangers and maybe change out the 4000K COBs to 2700K COBs, but not for awhile
My next big project will be RDWC I done with growing in soil I want more control and better yields. Never be happy with mediocrity I say.
I'm going to get a few "BUBBler buckets" goin. AND upgrade to LED
but I'm only upgrading 1 at a time, that way i can do some comparison grows as I make the upgrades. LED vs. HPS soil vs. Hydro etc...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I'm going to get a few "BUBBler buckets" goin. AND upgrade to LED
but I'm only upgrading 1 at a time, that way i can do some comparison grows as I make the upgrades. LED vs. HPS soil vs. Hydro etc...
im not for sure how led to hps will pan out for you but i know how hydro vrs soil will turn out for you!
BBB...

Harley09

Harley09

How you like those pots man?
are they 7 gal? Nice set up btw.
... I'd say you got it dialed in.
Where'd you get the COBs, i mean the components. What's it cost to build 1? just 1?
Hi Krypto thanks To answer your questions The pots are #5 airpots they are great for keepin the roots from getting root bound and provide more oxygen to the roots. The pots are great, a bit of a pain in the ass to water if you're in a hurry. I've got seven grows on them so far.
I sourced several distributers Digi Key for the Vero29 Gen 7SE cobs Mobec for the Meanwell drivers Rapid for the heat sinks all in all I spent 850 bucks for a 12 COB fixture that pulls 600Watts

Krypto

Krypto

Hi Krypto thanks To answer your questions The pots are #5 airpots they are great for keepin the roots from getting root bound and provide more oxygen to the roots. The pots are great, a bit of a pain in the ass to water if you're in a hurry. I've got seven grows on them so far.
I sourced several distributers Digi Key for the Vero29 Gen 7SE cobs Mobec for the Meanwell drivers Rapid for the heat sinks all in all I spent 850 bucks for a 12 COB fixture that pulls 600Watts
I apologise if you've already answered this already. But, have you taken any readings for your PAR, LUMENS, intensity etc? Just curious.seems like it should be on the money. GREAT JOB!

Harley09

Harley09

I apologise if you've already answered this already. But, have you taken any readings for your PAR, LUMENS, intensity etc? Just curious.seems like it should be on the money. GREAT JOB!
Sorry I don't have a light meter the only thing I know is I have 1200 watts of LED in the room with 8 plants that's double what I've had in the past
Looks pretty good homie!
Thanks Event

IMG 1506
Top Bottom