Harvest Time?

• Thread starter Cropped
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cropped

Cropped

Harvest time
hello guys i was recommended that i buy a jewlers loupe to check the trics to see if my plant was done i bought one but am unable to see the trics
its a 30x21mm loupe is this the wrong one?
heres the closest i can get to the trics

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Well don’t expect much from a loupe. They are not meant to be micrscopes.
They seem mostly cloudy, did they fatten up?
You know once you hang them, they will shrivel up if they haven’t fattened up.
Maybe give little squeeze and feel the inside of the bud. It shouldn’t feel like a ball of leaves but more like a rock if you are lucky :)

Cropped

Cropped

Well don’t expect much from a loupe. They are not meant to be micrscopes.
They seem mostly cloudy, did they fatten up?
You know once you hang them, they will shrivel up if they haven’t fattened up.
Maybe give little squeeze and feel the inside of the bud. It shouldn’t feel like a ball of leaves but more like a rock if you are lucky :)
they did fatten up real nice heres a photo

34C174EC 08BA 4EE5 82AC 2C845DC84961
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
If you are happy with it you can take it down. Tho i cannot see the individual buds and i think there are much white pistils still on it? Standing pistil?
Trichomes are important for sure but people saying fuck pistils and go by trichomes, miss the point that plant fattens up and fills with resin once the pistils die back. That’s when it gets ripe.
Then you have to check for trics, to pull the plant at the best thc level.
It is not comparable as one is a fruit and the other is a flower but if you ever had a greenish banana, you know it has no flavor at all, now that ripens after harvest, cannabis ripens on the branches and gets that beautiful smell and flavor. If you pull too early you will only be able to taste green bananas :)

Last edited:
Cropped

Cropped

If you are happy with it you can take it down. Tho i cannot see the individual buds and i think there are much white pistils still on it? Standing pistil?
Trichomes are important for sure but people saying fuck pistils and go by trichomes, miss the point that plant fattens up and fills with resin once the pistils die back. That’s when it gets ripe.
Then you have to check for trics, to pull the plant at the best thc level.
It is not comparable as one is a fruit and the other is a flower but if you ever had a greenish banana, you know it has no flavor at all, now that ripens after harvest, cannabis ripens on the branches and gets that beautiful smell and flavor. If you pull too early you will only be able to taste green bananas :)
ok so sometimes i smell grass is that normal?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
ok so sometimes i smell grass is that normal?
Well if you are smelling grass thats normal, its chloropyhll. But ime, it means the terpenes and resin production haven’t peaked yet. Because once they do, they will overpower any smell.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I wouldn’t feed em anymore nutes. Just water from here on out. They’ve got plenty of nutrients stored to take em the rest of the way.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Pistils can be used once you know the strain and how you like it. Takes a few rounds to really dial it in and start knowing when they are done just by looking at it. Eventually you’ll find dust collecting on your loupe until you go looking for bugs and pests.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Pistils can be used once you know the strain and how you like it. Takes a few rounds to really dial it in and start knowing when they are done just by looking at it. Eventually you’ll find dust collecting on your loupe until you go looking for bugs and pests.
Yeah some don’t dieback but even on those plants you will be able to tell if its ready. The swelling of the calyxes is a sure sign. They will look full.
At the end it is hard to reduce cannabis ripeness to any of these individual aspects. Ripeness is determined by all these combined. If its filling up, let it.

Top Bottom