Harvest Time

• Thread starter Badboar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Badboar

Badboar

He guys, this should be my last request for information before harvest. I just started week 9 of flowering. I have found very little indication of amber trichs. I can see where the trichs or beginning to change, slight color shift, but nothing significant. Nutes stopped 2 weeks ago. Water only since. Can this little lady be ready to pick without a deposit of amber? I have a few others like this one.
DSCF2207

Thanks for your help .........

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

What strain? Consider researching it's origins and suggested flower times. Without using a magnifier to inspect the trichs, visually it looks great. Overall, red/orange hairs are covering 80%+ of the flowers. If you're in week 9, that seems good for indica. Sativa maybe a bit longer.

Badboar

Badboar

This is a indica strain. It was grown from a clone I got at a local dispensary. It's call Master Bubble. I also have a couple of strains call White Berry. They too show little signs of amber in the trichs. I planted all at the same time. Grown in soil indoor.

Badboar

Badboar

I just took the girls out for a better look with a different light. After inspecting in a LED environment I do see some amber. One question, the trichs on the sugar leaves are showing more amber than the rest of the top. If I based my decision for harvest on what I am seeing now, I may start cutting.

Should I wait longer and let the tops catch up are pull the trigger?

All comments welcome!

C

Crohnsabis

Don’t judge by your sugar leaves look at the buds on the side and the tops. Sugar leaves give a false indication

Get in there and look at the buds running up

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
And different strains will ripen at different times. Some ripen from bottom up and some from top down.

That said you can harvest portions of the plants while allowing other areas to catch up. What this does is allows you to stagger your harvest especially if you have time and space constraints.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

As JC stated, stagger the harvest. You can inspect and harvest what you're content with and allow portions of your plants continue to ripen. I'm currently harvesting a hybrid that is said to do well in the 7-9 wk harvest period. I have four plants. Harvested one at different weeks starting at 8 wks and ending at 11wk. I can only say that the 10wk seems to have maxed out in swell and resin. I've smoked the 8wk so far and on point. The difference in quality will be determined. Long story short, you're probably good to take it all, or stagger your harvest a little if you're paying close attention to the trich development and you want to have fun with it. Bottom line, dry proper and cure proper. Patience will pay off for taste, aroma and smokability. Happy harvest.

C

Crohnsabis

And different strains will ripen at different times. Some ripen from bottom up and some from top down.

That said you can harvest portions of the plants while allowing other areas to catch up. What this does is allows you to stagger your harvest especially if you have time and space constraints.
Oooooo space. That is a luxury

Top Bottom