Harvest Time

• Thread starter Shroomtrips
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

Hi all. I spoke to my friend about a week ago and it had me thinking and testing stuff since then. He has 10s of kgs in his experience, if not hundreds, i smoked his weed for a long time and it is very nice stuff. I asked him how he dries his buds. I was a bit shocked when he said i just flush plants with unph'ed water for a week then chop them at the bottom with all fan leaves removed prior and hang it upside down in the flowering tent and leave buds there with lights dimmed for 3-4 days then 1 week in the bag for curing and its dank. After this ive started testing stuff in my tent and i was surprised that the bud retained its stickiness, flavour, smell(terribly looooud) and texture after drying the bud in flowering room away from the fans. I was shocked shocked shocked how nice things were. I thought you have to dry them in the dark and all that blabla. I will never dry my buds in the dark and all this crap from now. There is no hay taste and smell, small buds are perfect to smoke after just a 2 day dry. I have waited for harvest for 5 months and here im "risking" all my hard input and just leaving them in the tent under same 12/12 schedule. They have been 24 hours in flower room. I will post some pics tomorrow too.
So is anyone here up to harvest at the moment and want to test what im saying? Bare in mind we grow in COCO. lol

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Flushing is only required if using a salt based chemical fertilizer. I've been organic my entire life and have never had issues with the "home grown" taste. Most of that is due to the presence of chlorophyll and the lack of a good curing process. You can dry buds anyway you want, its the curing process that needs to be done correctly to make the best tasting smoke.

BTW keep up the good work. Your buds like very nice.

Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

Flushing is only required if using a salt based chemical fertilizer. I've been organic my entire life and have never had issues with the "home grown" taste. Most of that is due to the presence of chlorophyll and the lack of a good curing process. You can dry buds anyway you want, its the curing process that needs to be done correctly to make the best tasting smoke.

BTW keep up the good work. Your buds like very nice.

Thanks man. I have put a lot of effort to these buds getting up at 5am everyday, drove 100s of miles to grow shop and back. My first coco grow by the way. I want to know the quantity after they are dry, thats what i want to know. But the smoke itself without curing was superb, i had to tell my mates i got it from my black man lol. No one knows about this grow :D Im reliefed now. I had issues with seeds but they did not effect top nugs, only ones without any light. After smoking a joint i feel that all my hard work paid off. I will post some pics once they are dry

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I know how you feel. I was growing on the fringe at one point myself. Very stressful. I'm fully medical now and couldn't be happier. If you need any help just message me and i'll do my best to steer you in the right direction.

Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

I know how you feel. I was growing on the fringe at one point myself. Very stressful. I'm fully medical now and couldn't be happier. If you need any help just message me and i'll do my best to steer you in the right direction.

Here where i live it is illegal tho cops dont give much shit if you live a normal life. Thanks anyway pal. Tomorrow lights on i will take some pics away from the HPS and will try to show the size of buds too. By the way im not committing any crime as i think. I do honestly feel that i pay wages to those that would judge me. because i go to work 5-6 days a week, my kids and family are an example to all. I never had any significant interaction with the police. If they dont like it they can arrest me, but i dont really give much shit. Im right and they are wrong, its only the "law" which i dont feel OK about so i must not follow it. I pay my share to the society and im not a parasite ;)

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hi all. I spoke to my friend about a week ago and it had me thinking and testing stuff since then. He has 10s of kgs in his experience, if not hundreds, i smoked his weed for a long time and it is very nice stuff. I asked him how he dries his buds. I was a bit shocked when he said i just flush plants with unph'ed water for a week then chop them at the bottom with all fan leaves removed prior and hang it upside down in the flowering tent and leave buds there with lights dimmed for 3-4 days then 1 week in the bag for curing and its dank. After this ive started testing stuff in my tent and i was surprised that the bud retained its stickiness, flavour, smell(terribly looooud) and texture after drying the bud in flowering room away from the fans. I was shocked shocked shocked how nice things were. I thought you have to dry them in the dark and all that blabla. I will never dry my buds in the dark and all this crap from now. There is no hay taste and smell, small buds are perfect to smoke after just a 2 day dry. I have waited for harvest for 5 months and here im "risking" all my hard input and just leaving them in the tent under same 12/12 schedule. They have been 24 hours in flower room. I will post some pics tomorrow too.
So is anyone here up to harvest at the moment and want to test what im saying? Bare in mind we grow in COCO. lol
Light oxidizes trichs.

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Yep I agree with GT . The hay smell/taste is normal bro just make sure you get a consistent cure ; and itill be some good smoke . I've had bud cure in 1 week and some take 3 before the hay smells gone.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes curing is very important. It can make all the difference in the world when smoked. Vaped not as much but its still nice. What I used to do was dry them until crispy, put them in a jar with the lid on for a day then open the lid for a few hours until they feel dry again and put the lid back on. Do this for about 1-2 weeks and they should be good to go. I use a mighty (storz & bickel) portable vaporizer now so curing isn't as important but it does give it a much better flavor when it is cured. Anyhow it looks like you are well on your way and enjoying the fruits of your labor. Kudos!

Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

Guys. Its been 5 days since i started this thread and buds are perfectly dry, full of aroma and taste when smoked. No harshness, but if you hold the smoke in your lungs it starts to burn gradually. Im so excited about it, my previous grows was in soil and this is my first coco grow. I used to dry buds in the dark etc etc but the outcome was never THAT good, dried in flowering room and only about 3 days in the jars. Buds are covered in trichs and they feel like glazed when touched

Monster762

Monster762

Dry in dark. No light. 60-65 degrees55- 60% humidity. Any lower rh or higher temp it’ll dry too quick. No direct air on em either.
No pro but I’ve screwed it up. Last 2 runs with this setting it’s been amazing.

Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

Dry in dark. No light. 60-65 degrees55- 60% humidity. Any lower rh or higher temp it’ll dry too quick. No direct air on em either.

No direct air blowing, but plenty of air circulation. Hung upside down in same flowering room under same light schedule, just in the corner oposite lights. try that

Monster762

Monster762

Oh and it tops everything dispensaries have without a cure too. All that jar is for is evening out the inner moisture. A month cure was a hair tastier but before it hit the jars it was already right.

Top Bottom