Harvesting Early Question?

• Thread starter Mass Meds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mass Meds

Mass Meds

Hey all,

We have 3 Super Silver Haze (outdoors) likely going to cut them down this week. All look to be a bit premature, but the risk of further rot and now frost can't be ignored... Photos coming...

They have started to frost up all over, but most of the plants still have white pistils and doesn't look like any amber trichomes.

Our thoughts were to just ice water hash the entire crop.

Would anyone else save the nice looking colas, given they are so under-ripe?

tifosi

tifosi

I would dry the top buds they are probably good smoke by now. I have two plants with no colored calexes with all the frost they will get you buzzed.

Mass Meds

Mass Meds

We kept the top cola from one of two stems that were cut down yesterday. Under a more powerful loupe we did see amber trichomes, and the rest appeared to be cloudy (solid white in coloring). So we may be in good shape to harvest these ladies now.

The rest was thrown in the freezer for hashing. Lol we did not toss the rest. :D

I have gotten a lot of feedback that supports harvesting Sativa's when the trichomes are all cloudy and starting to transition to amber. Rather than waiting for majority amber.

Last edited:
Daikokuten

Daikokuten

We kept the top cola from one of two stems that were cut down yesterday. Under a more powerful loupe we did see amber trichomes, and the rest appeared to be cloudy (solid white in coloring). So we may be in good shape to harvest these ladies now.

I have gotten a lot of feedback that supports harvesting Sativa's when the trichomes are all cloudy and starting to transition to amber. Rather than waiting for majority amber.
Absolutely i would use them. If the trichs are formed at all and you're going to smoke the end product, you're going to be getting relatively close to the final amount. At worst, maybe 40%? The heads don't get more than double their size at creation i imagine. You may actually end up with an enjoyable and unique experience and terpene combination. Obviously, lower your standards on potency a little but the hash will be worthwhile. I mean, obviously i can't promise without seeing it but ive been in this exact situation before and the hash was sellable quality(i didn't sell it though).

Mass Meds

Mass Meds

Absolutely i would use them. If the trichs are formed at all and you're going to smoke the end product, you're going to be getting relatively close to the final amount. At worst, maybe 40%? The heads don't get more than double their size at creation i imagine. You may actually end up with an enjoyable and unique experience and terpene combination. Obviously, lower your standards on potency a little but the hash will be worthwhile. I mean, obviously i can't promise without seeing it but ive been in this exact situation before and the hash was sellable quality(i didn't sell it though).

Lol yeah, we're not looking to sell this stuff. I mean perhaps gift it out in the form of edible creations...maybe. :)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I always harvest my indoor hybrids as close to 100% cloudy as possible. Even at 80% clear if the buds are finished growing and truly ripening is always very potent and a good representation of the strains effects and flavor/ smell.

S

Simplicio

Hey all,

We have 3 Super Silver Haze (outdoors) likely going to cut them down this week. All look to be a bit premature, but the risk of further rot and now frost can't be ignored... Photos coming...

They have started to frost up all over, but most of the plants still have white pistils and doesn't look like any amber trichomes.

Our thoughts were to just ice water hash the entire crop.

Would anyone else save the nice looking colas, given they are so under-ripe?

Definitely save everything.
I always end up saving the tiny, immature popcorn buds, and make edibles with them.
They usually have nothing but white hairs, but the edibles are almost as potent as edibles made from flower.
I'm not sure the potency of these immature popcorns in an otherwise mature plant can be extrapolated to immature colas, but it probably can be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom