Has Anyone Planted Their Indoor Plant Outside After Harvesting Its Flowers?

• Thread starter Mezz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mezz

Mezz

Hello to you all. I have harvested my flowers from my plant and have decided to experiment with planting it outside. I have read that you can reveg a plant after harvesting indoors, so i figured i could do it outsoors as well. My question is: has anyone here done it and if so what was the outcome? As always any and all answers are appreciated OG's
Mezz

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

would work in summer like Xavier said but winter light is to short and its to flipping cold lol

I heard of people taking all there nice nugs of the plant and leaving it in flower tell they get bigger but I can see that making seeds for sure but if u only doing it for like 2 more weeks not sure how long it takes for seeds to be what we call seeds

if it is not cold there could u bring them in side when sun goes down and put under a light for a lil longer

Mezz

Mezz

would work in summer like Xavier said but winter light is to short and its to flipping cold lol

I heard of people taking all there nice nugs of the plant and leaving it in flower tell they get bigger but I can see that making seeds for sure but if u only doing it for like 2 more weeks not sure how long it takes for seeds to be what we call seeds

if it is not cold there could u bring them in side when sun goes down and put under a light for a lil longer

Where i am at it pretty much never drops below freezing. I harvested all of the main colas and left the small nugs on then planted in ground. Like i said I was just thinking to myself and said "why not?" This could be a complete bust or at the very least the smaller nugs might geow some more i dunno. I will keep you guys posted.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

ant about freezing it drops lower then 55 d plants stops growing or slow way way way down like to see some pics of them any leaf drooping or anything ??

Mezz

Mezz

ant about freezing it drops lower then 55 d plants stops growing or slow way way way down like to see some pics of them any leaf drooping or anything ??

I will post pics tomorrow, the 55 degree temp definitely we get. When i transplanted today she was healthy and vibrant. Tomorrow we will see how it goes. Like i said all of the fine large colas were harvested and i left nugs on to see if they will grow some more. What i am worried about is overdone (amber trichomes) which i know i will run into.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
It might reveg if you give it some supplimental solar powered led light that comes on at dark and stays on most of the night. Then if it does just take the light off of it at the end of spring and you can harvest it again in the fall.

justiceman

justiceman

I've done it with success. It just takes some time for the reveg process to happen but like what was said above you have to have either the correct light cycle outside(summer time), supplemental lighting, or reveg it inside. When I did it I was lucky enough to get the harvested plant sometime during summer so I kept her outside the whole time.

They look funny for a while and the buds die off and what not but eventually they become normal again. So cool how new shoots come out of the buds. It was an awesome experiment.

Dankouver reveg 1
Dankouver reveg 2
Dankouver reveg
Dankouver

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I have one thats been under 24/7 straight light 6500k t5s and nothing but brown dead buds so far. They are still soft so I still have hope.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Definitely be ready for some of the weirdest looking growth you have ever seen.

I am a bit confused, are you trying to reveg, or just let the lowers finish outside? If just letting it finish, I think you will have success, assuming northern hemisphere, the daylight should be short enough and some plants handle cold well, assuming you don't go below freezing. Would be interesting to compare the buds vs the already harvested. Like comparing phenos if you will.

Doubt a plant would reveg outside for several more months. But...who knows.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Mine have just been dying slowly, I guess Im not leaving enough bud on it.

justiceman

justiceman

Mine have just been dying slowly, I guess Im not leaving enough bud on it.

I dunno how far along she is but I found increasing Nitrogen or grow nutrients help to switch em back. You're right gotta leave enough bud and give the medium time to dry in between watterings to avoid root rot from the low transpiration rates.

I believe that's what attributed to that reveg I posted above. I bet some strains are harder to reveg than others.

Mezz

Mezz

Definitely be ready for some of the weirdest looking growth you have ever seen.

I am a bit confused, are you trying to reveg, or just let the lowers finish outside? If just letting it finish, I think you will have success, assuming northern hemisphere, the daylight should be short enough and some plants handle cold well, assuming you don't go below freezing. Would be interesting to compare the buds vs the already harvested. Like comparing phenos if you will.

Doubt a plant would reveg outside for several more months. But...who knows.

That is basically why i did this transplant from pot to outside...
1. To see if the lower buds would get a last minute growth spurt.
2. After harvesting all flowers, keep it alive and see if she would go back to revegging in spring.
I will see what the outcome will ultimately be.

20170112 173311
gingerscotty

gingerscotty

Always woundered how they'd grow back.. Ie.. Mutation etc she looks awesome.. Bushy as f##k...

Iv gave it ago out of curiosity and its taken around 3 weeks tonshow actual signs of reveg.. Minut but its a start
. I wanted to keep this strain due to the huge main bola she produced..
I've done it with success. It just takes some time for the reveg process to happen but like what was said above you have to have either the correct light cycle outside(summer time), supplemental lighting, or reveg it inside. When I did it I was lucky enough to get the harvested plant sometime during summer so I kept her outside the whole time.

They look funny for a while and the buds die off and what not but eventually they become normal again. So cool how new shoots come out of the buds. It was an awesome experiment.

View attachment 659124 View attachment 659125 View attachment 659126 View attachment 659127

Its very hard actualy to see wher the shoots are just starting to pop. Only 3.. I just leave her in the back of the veg cupboard and let nature do wat It does!!

WP 20170116 18 52 13 Pro
WP 20170116 18 52 36 Pro
justiceman

justiceman

Always woundered how they'd grow back.. Ie.. Mutation etc she looks awesome.. Bushy as f##k...

Iv gave it ago out of curiosity and its taken around 3 weeks tonshow actual signs of reveg.. Minut but its a start

Its very hard actualy to see wher the shoots are just starting to pop. Only 3.. I just leave her in the back of the veg cupboard and let nature do wat It does!!

There you go man! I can see the new veg growth starting on 3 of the buds. Congrats you saved your baby.

Mezz

Mezz

It looks real good brother!

Mezz

Mezz

I started this thread to see what would happen to my girl after i harvested the majority of her buds then planted her back into where she belongs (inside mother earth). Also in a previous thread of mine this is the GG plant that hermed on me. I can say that her buds were abundant although smaller. She also gave me a seed which is germinating as i write. I am very pleased with the flowers she has given me and will continue to give me. Thank you for all your comments and tips.

Farmer P

Farmer P

My friend left his 2 outdoor northern lights plants through the winter. They both lost all the leaves like a peach tree and in the spring one of them came back and started growing new shoots. That was in Riverside California, probably a lot warmer winters than where you are.

Bannacis

Bannacis

I just harvest and need to reveg cause if accident with mother. left the bottom lowest branch on.
Every little bud, I cut the bud in half, like FIMing. and added veg nutes and 24 hr lighting.
For outside in your case you will need to add a few hours of light in order to get reveg. As of now you will get finished bud.
but the 55 degree temps and longer dark time will lessen her chance of reveging for sure.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Does cutting the buds help? Im trying to reveg a plant and my last attempt failed and all I got was dry but still rubbery brown buds. I use 24 hours of light, let the roots dry before chop and then hit her with veg nutes. I left a bunch on it this time, maybe that will help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom