Have You Been Busted?

• Thread starter afatsoweezer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

afatsoweezer

A touchy subject for some, I know. Luckily, it has never happened to me, but would like to know how many of you have been busted for growing and if so, what was the reason given?

Stay safe,
Happy

S

SSHZ

I'll be the first to say yes.......... for manufacturing, not posession.

lambrettats1

lambrettats1

yeah i was busted earlier this year,the sore part is i only smoke what i grow. i dont EVER sell my stuff it was all down to real bad luck.the police came across my room because my young nephew went missing,they were looking in the houses of his relatives just in case. 2 plants 1 was drying(g13x somango) the other was in last few days of flushing(mr nice black widow). that and losing all my equipment was much worse than i can tell you. 2 years probation and a fine of 150 gbp.You can NEVER be too careful. Lesson learned..TS1:character0201:

D

d420

Premium Member
Supporter
If nobody knows and you got your shit together, you will be fine... But, it is very important that you cannot tell anyone..mIf it is something you cannot keep to yourself and hobbit yourself, and your not legal(I am assuming), then this may not be for you.. It is a big commitment, but well worth it in the end..Peace.

A

afatsoweezer

more info ...

I guess I should explain a bit more ... I'm a novelist, who's interested in creating a short story based on a character plagued by society for growing his own medicinal remedies. I tend to base all my tales on real-life situations, hoping to teach others to mind their own business, especially when no one is being hurt or exploited.

So, if you've been busted for growing, share your circumstance and the reason why there was that dreadful knock on the door. By doing so, you might help those who take security of self-medicating seriously so it doesn't happen to them too.

Thanks fellow growers ... Happy :hunter:

S

ShorelineTex

If nobody knows and you got your shit together, you will be fine... But, it is very important that you cannot tell anyone..mIf it is something you cannot keep to yourself and hobbit yourself, and your not legal(I am assuming), then this may not be for you.. It is a big commitment, but well worth it in the end..Peace.

...says the person posting stuff on the internet :) lol.

Seriously, though - if you're a big-timer on here (I'm not, just thinking out loud), I would strongly suggest using 1 of 2 approaches (I'll explain why after):

1.) Don't post anything at all that gives away the size of your operation. A large (maybe even mid-size) operation is what will capture the attention of the feds if they're watching.

2.) If you must post pics, info, etc. about the size of your mid/large grow, set up two accounts here and only post that stuff on one...save any posts that could somehow be associated with where/who you are for the other account (prior experiences, legal busts in the past, weird events that have happened near you recently, etc.).

Imagine you're a federal agent that has been tasked with finding a few big-ass busts to make a point to the general public and reassert your maffiaesque control over the situation. The first thing I'd do is look on a site like this for the users with the largest-looking operations, find all their posts, and see what type of info I could get together about them. The second thing I'd do is look for the heaviest posters on this site that even had mid-sized ops since I can get lots of information about them. Over thousands of posts talking about things as disparate as musical tastes, age, general info about location, previous busts, etc, you end up putting a load of information about yourself here. They pump all that info into Hal, and voila - bustatronic...

IMHO, keep it completely anonymous or don't talk about anything but the smallest grows on any *single* account!

E

ehole

i got busted buying nutes at a hydro shop near me... i figured it'd be kosher heading a few counties over instead of going to any of the ones in the larger city next county over. apparently they do have full blow dea undercovers survailling the store i chose to go to in gainesville, fl (hint hint to any locals!) just getting seen there led to my county being contacted and a investigation started up. it led power bill supbeona, which led to search warrant, and the serving there of. i got a $250,003 bond for a 5x5.5ft space 9 flowering and 15-16 clones/seedling 1000 watts and 2 32 watts fluros lol. in jail the guy in the bunk next to me killed a girl with a hammer, convicted 2 weeks ago. another guy in our dorm later made america's most wanted for breaking out of jail and killing his grandma then going on the run for like 3-4 days... 20 days with those goons including christmas hooray. i arrived with almost legendary status- apparently my plants 9 weeks deep in flower stunk up the sheriff's office and jail for the better part of a day before i made it in, i'm glad my work spoke for itself :) free for a year and a week and already terminated from probation. 2010 is gonna be a great year, but plantless

M

MediMary

thats a fucked story ehole .. glad to see your postive..
:banana1sv6:

N

naturegirlwhooo

damn ehole...glad things better now.Makes me wonder how safe shopping at my local store is.

A

afatsoweezer

damn ehole ... was someone gunning for a quota, or what? You even had the right idea about protecting yourself from the inquisitive eyes of your neighbors, and look what you got for it? Here's hoping for your painless 2010 ...

Goes to show, especially for those who must take extra precautions because you live in a non-MMJ state, you can get tripped-up by the most innocent of acts. Your stories will help others think a bit more. No doubt about it.

O

oldtimer60

I got had when a kid broke into my house and stole my camera outfit (5000worth) took my pot, then went home and got tagged by ma. She calls the state troopers and they get me. for about 7 plants. Got a 250 fine and 300 in lawyer. Never got my camera back go figure

t.o.med

t.o.med

a few years ago i got busted for a mid size op. i got nailed with just under 3000 plants and 50lbs of smoke. my partner was a fugitive from virginia (for growing) he got extridited back and is serving 40 years. the fucked thing is i got him new canadian id and told him over and over not to say anything if we got busted and they would let him go on a promise to appear. well they waited until i left to go to a different property i owned before executing the search warrant.when the TRU team ( tactical responce unit) kicked in the door my partner addmited who he was. it was nuts the fire power they showed up with submachine guns they looked like the army not cops. so i showed back up 12 hours later not a clue what had happened. my property was very rural so when i turned on to my road a van came out of nowhere behind me. i hit the gas and pulled away the road is a very winding dirt road so if you dont know it you have to drive slow or risk running off the road. i got back to the farm and the entire property was pitch black thats when i knew for sure that i was fucked. i jumped out of my truck and took off into the woods. within about 10 minutes the army was back they brought the dogs and atvs and it was all over pretty quick. the crazy thing this being canada was i only ended up with 3 months house arrest and 6 months probation.

t.o.med

t.o.med

stephen harper(the prime minister) shut down parliment for the olympics wich kills all pending legislation including c-15 that had the manditory minimums for growing so for now everything stays the same.

JH420

JH420

Awesome story TO Med...wonder what you would have got under c-15?

t.o.med

t.o.med

jh420- 2-5 years mandatory under c-15. the judge who sentenced me said the same thing if they saw me in court again and that was before any talk of the c-15 bill. the only difference is with c-15 a first offender will get 2-5 years just the same as a repeat offender.

Latest posts

Top Bottom