Having Problems With Promix Hp

• Thread starter cowboyz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cowboyz

So I decided to use promix HP for the first time and been having I problem with it since I got it! I been having pH issues and ppm issues now I just fix my pH to final hit a 6.0 as in the beginning where the runoff it was at 5.2 to 5.4 .now I check the runoff on the ppm its at 1900 ppm plus. So does the ppm on the runoff matter? Or should I flush again or feed it?

C

cowboyz

So I decided to use promix HP for the first time and been having I problem with it since I got it! I been having pH issues and ppm issues now I just fix my pH to final hit a 6.0 as in the beginning where the runoff it was at 5.2 to 5.4 .now I check the runoff on the ppm its at 1900 ppm plus. So does the ppm on the runoff matter? Or should I flush again or feed it?
And the ppm that is going in is at 400 ppm

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I only know about ppm from what I've read around the forums , so let's hope some one experienced stops in.
But if my memory serves me right , runoff ppm has different ranges for different nutrient lines, and isn't promix hp pretty much free of nutrients? What have you added?
But if you want help, use this template for the most results.

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What size containers are theyplanted in?
5. What is your soil mix?
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
7. What is the pH of your water?
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use andwhat is its NPK ratio?
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plantswith anything?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
16. How much experience do you have growing?

Hydro Growers:
4. What type of hydro system are you using?
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using?
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution?
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water?
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution?
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution?
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
14. How close are your lights to the plants?
15. What size is your grow space in square feet?
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
18. How much experience do you have growing?

C

cowboyz

I only know about ppm from what I've read around the forums , so let's hope some one experienced stops in.
But if my memory serves me right , runoff ppm has different ranges for different nutrient lines, and isn't promix hp pretty much free of nutrients? What have you added?
But if you want help, use this template for the most results.

Soil Growers:
4. What size containers are theyplanted in?
5. What is your soil mix?
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
7. What is the pH of your water?
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use andwhat is its NPK ratio?
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plantswith anything?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
16. How much experience do you have growing?

Hydro Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? clones
2. How old are your plants? 3 weeks
3. How tall are your plants? 2 feet
4. What type of hydro system are you using?
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using? GH 3 parts
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution?6.8 going in
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water?180
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrien s ion? 400 to 500
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution?70 degrees
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?wasfftt awayat 20000 plus ppm but its now around 18000 ppm
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?just flushed its@ 6.0 now
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?no
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") hps
14. How close are your lights to the plants? 2 .5 f
15. What size is your grow space in square feet?10x10
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?75 humility 50 to 61
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? No
18. How much experience do you have growing?
4 years and second indoor run

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
And the ppm that is going in is at 400 ppm
Whoa. To me that says that your medium is loaded with salts. I would flush, but I don't like "hard" flushes, I prefer a "soft" flush and for me that would be using VERY LOW amounts of something like a kelp product, or another one I like is Fox Farms Big Bloom (very low amounts!) to flush. Did I mention to use very low amounts? You don't want plain water, that can be a bit of a shock and possibly cause stress to the plant. Which you don't ever mention, just the numbers. How's the plant looking?

Oh, also, I suggest doing an actual slurry test. Get some 0EC water, measure the pH. Get samples of the media from a few different places, mix them up. Add them to the water, enough to make a slurry. Let that set for 7-10 minutes, then take your pH and EC readings. That should help you figure out a little better what's going on in the root zone.

I think you added an extra zero to those numbers in the quote above.

N

nightmarecreature

Dont worry about the PPM coming out of the bag, it wont affect anything.

Top dress with dolomite lime and your PH will never go above 7.0 or add dolomite lime till you reach 6.5 in runoff.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Feeding at 400 ppm and runoff is 1900 ppm! I would definately worry about that. And when you ph is off in the medium your roots do not take in the nutrients your feeding. Then the leftover nutrients build up as salts in you rootzone. Therefore you need to flush with mild nutrients like SM said.

N

nightmarecreature

Ppm close to 2000 in Promix is normal on fresh bags. I had the same thing happen to me and I freaked out. It will go away as you water. Fresh bags do this, my tiny clones are always perfect. Just worry about the PH for now.

C21H26O2

C21H26O2

Top dress with dolomite lime and your PH will never go above 7.0 or add dolomite lime till you reach 6.5 in runoff.

Do you mix it in with a watering, or spread the lime on top of the soil itself?

B

Bogart Tasty

I use lucky dog but it's the same soilless hydro medium as I understand it. Noticed the same thing, super high ppms on runoff straight out the bag. Seen it upwards of 2-3000 even with straight water. I keep an eye on it each watering but still have yet to see any negative impact from this. ppms seem to stabilize after a couple thorough waterings...

H

hondo27

i have same problem the runoff is high ph7.2 from 3rd day i don't know if top dress my buckets are receiving constant water as in air pruned grow buckets with water / nutrient level constant how would i remedy the ph problem while still in midst of grow ?

sixstring

sixstring

So new promix how,3rd day of use and what is your phone going in? Should be around 6.0 to 6.2 and if it is don't worry about runoff for now.promix has pH buffers, you'll be fine.

H

hondo27

Thanks for rapid reply i noticed it on third day but has been running problem of after ph 5.5 to ph 6.0 morning runoff is at ph 7.2 i see now it should be tested and adjusted prior to use ...late knowledge and hindsight will know better in future but would be great to correct it in use without plant shock

Top Bottom