Having Trouble Brown Yellow Spots, Can't Figure Out

• Thread starter Ditchpickle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Ditchpickle

Hi guys, first time posting. I have a crop of 5 plants in a 9x5 tent right now. 1 plant has some brown/yellow spots on leaves. It started week 2 of flower, so I thought Mag defitancy and did some Epson salt spray to try and correct the problem. That did not help. I tried a spray of revive next, I thought it helped, but after normal feeding. Problem is getting worse again. so I have tried to match the leave to defitancy pictures but I have never seen this one. Closest things that come up are spider mites and rust mold. I don't think it is either one of these problems. It's only affecting the one plant right in the middle of the tent.

So here is what I am doing with the plants and maybe someone can tell me what I am doing wrong. Plants are getting AN micro, grow and bloom according to the chart. They also get bud candy and b52. They are in FFoF soil. 10 gal pots. Plenty of air movement and my temp is 78-80. Humidity is 60 to 70.

I thought maybe my ph was off a bit so I did a run off test. I poured 1 gal of 6.5ph spring water in and got 5.5 coming out both with a oh and and with a drop test. I was supposed the runoff was very clear. I know this test is not the best for testing soil oh, but it was the last thing I could think to check.

Any help would be much appreciated. I am at the tail end of week 4 flower now, tryed to take photos of the best and the worst. Maybe I am freaking out for Nothing? New strain to me blue kush berrys
Having trouble brown yellow spots cant figure out
Having trouble brown yellow spots cant figure out 2
Having trouble brown yellow spots cant figure out 3
Having trouble brown yellow spots cant figure out 4

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
82CEDC95 E491 4066 B429 6FD55D3DF7AB

Now just according to this chart, you are feeding 6.5 water which is on the edge of P, Ca and Mg availabilty and your run off came 5.5, then your soil is even more acidic. So maybe you are locking out some stuff because of this. Newbie grower here so take it with a grain of salt.

D

Ditchpickle

I thought my water was going to come out to basic so I ran the 6.5 water through it. I normally use 6.7 when I water. Sorry I should have said that in the post

D

Ditchpickle

Your right tho, just not sure how to get me run off back up. Never had this problem

B

Burned Haze

Check under a microscope under your leafs (60x min) ( your pics too blurry to tell what , maybe thrips)

I see some dots all over your leafs, I def see some signs of pests, the pics are kinda blurry so maybe it’s just me lol. Always safer than sorry . I would look under those leafs and figure out what pests that is and get that under control before it’s such a issue you can’t fix it.

ChiefnJoeBlo

ChiefnJoeBlo

Have you checked for pest? FFOF soil is loaded with Aphids and gnats. Your leaves look like they might be getting hit

D

Ditchpickle

Check under a microscope under your leafs (60x min) ( your pics too blurry to tell what , maybe thrips)

I see some dots all over your leafs, I def see some signs of pests, the pics are kinda blurry so maybe it’s just me lol. Always safer than sorry . I would look under those leafs and figure out what pests that is and get that under control before it’s such a issue you can’t fix it.
I did take a look under a microscope and dident see anything. I figured if I had rest it would affect the rest of the plants not just one. I there anything I can put on it as a precaution that won't hurt the plant even if there are no pest?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I did take a look under a microscope and dident see anything. I figured if I had rest it would affect the rest of the plants not just one. I there anything I can put on it as a precaution that won't hurt the plant even if there are no pest?
Yeah it should spread to all of them if it was because of the soil. Do any other plants have pests? I am still standing by my ph prognosis by the way. 6.7 is fine 6.8 is better but 5.5 that came out of the soil is too low if its accurate. Your soils ph should be lower than 5.5 to get 6.5 to 5.5.

D

Ditchpickle

I think you are right. Soil run off at 5.5 is way to low. I Have not had this issue before. Should I water with a way high ph to offset the soil ph, like 7.0 maybe? I appreciate all the help guys. I think I have ruled out pest though, only the one plant is affected.

G gnome

G gnome

Def some bugs there. No doubt. Thats not whats causing the brown spots tho.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Def some bugs there. No doubt. Thats not whats causing the brown spots tho.
Looks like ph fluctuations to me, with rust. The leaves aren't showing any twisting, so looks like that's in check now. Looks like you may have some bugs. Check under leaves with scope

D

Ditchpickle

Hey guys just an update. I watered with some water ph 7.0. I put a little Epson salt in there to. Thinking that was a problem from the get go. Plant is looking a lot better. The plant seems perkier, I don't think the leaves will every go back to green. I will check my run off again next time I water.

G gnome

G gnome

Hey guys just an update. I watered with some water ph 7.0. I put a little Epson salt in there to. Thinking that was a problem from the get go. Plant is looking a lot better. The plant seems perkier, I don't think the leaves will every go back to green. I will check my run off again next time I water.

What r u planning to do about the mites?

Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

Hi guys, first time posting. I have a crop of 5 plants in a 9x5 tent right now. 1 plant has some brown/yellow spots on leaves. It started week 2 of flower, so I thought Mag defitancy and did some Epson salt spray to try and correct the problem. That did not help. I tried a spray of revive next, I thought it helped, but after normal feeding. Problem is getting worse again. so I have tried to match the leave to defitancy pictures but I have never seen this one. Closest things that come up are spider mites and rust mold. I don't think it is either one of these problems. It's only affecting the one plant right in the middle of the tent.

So here is what I am doing with the plants and maybe someone can tell me what I am doing wrong. Plants are getting AN micro, grow and bloom according to the chart. They also get bud candy and b52. They are in FFoF soil. 10 gal pots. Plenty of air movement and my temp is 78-80. Humidity is 60 to 70.

I thought maybe my ph was off a bit so I did a run off test. I poured 1 gal of 6.5ph spring water in and got 5.5 coming out both with a oh and and with a drop test. I was supposed the runoff was very clear. I know this test is not the best for testing soil oh, but it was the last thing I could think to check.

Any help would be much appreciated. I am at the tail end of week 4 flower now, tryed to take photos of the best and the worst. Maybe I am freaking out for Nothing? New strain to me blue kush berrysView attachment 813277 View attachment 813278 View attachment 813279 View attachment 813281

Thrips will always start in one area build their numbers up and procede to expand their numbers to the rest of the room..if you didnt notice them in one area then expand to tbe rest of the space, its not thrips. Also you will see black specs of their feces...lol not thrips..wow

Your temps are a bit high and your humidity is crazy high. 40 to 45 in flower...should never get above 50 to 60 in veg, End of story..get your humidity down ASAP

If it was viral, fungal, or bacterial (not saying it isn't either of them) from exp you see haloing and concentric rings around necrosis....im with tasty buds could be ph fluctuation. Your leaves are curling under too.lol wonder if you arent getting enuff air flow in to the pot

B

Burned Haze

Actually learn vpd (google it if you don’t understand what that is lol ) , and humidity must be fairly high to keep your plants happy or a lot of the time you will make stressed when you do de-leaf so so forth just because if the environment is in wrong humidity percentage to temps it’s actually like a desert to them, [lants like humidity . It’s all about proper air flow or your screwed . Or else why would plants in nature or outdoors , greenhouse do not mold in 100% everyday but only when they get rained on it’s the issue ( look at always budrot, it’s hwere the top bud where no airflow is and where the water can sit) Most of the best growers I’ve seen online and off grow at 60-70% indoors (depending if hps or led) the temps change by if your running sealed c02 of course. I have been running both outdoors and indoors for over 12 years and never once have I ever had a mold on my genetics I’m using indoors, and I run 60-70%in flower and may lower down to 55% at most at ending weeks. Learn vpd and you won’t fry your plants anymore ( otherwise all your doing is wasting money to make ur room hotter by the dehumidifier and a desert prolly )

Read djm on icm and you’ll stfu and even my journal ( 200 strains ran, never once one stupid pm issue or bud rot) you just have to have enough airflow on your plants always ( non moving humid air = loss)

* now next to pest... all I was saying with a great tip was the pictures was they were to blurry to even tell the leaf dots or even tell what’s going on and he should check as a IPM check like everyone should daily no matter if you do or not have pest (once you get populations of the pests you have to use pesticides that you shouldn’t on cannabis , better to do IPM and be safe) and even so spray a non lethal thing like a beneficial insecticide. If you want to call names or even diss, you didn’t even give any tips, all you did was deny doing everything and just go to environment ( environment and water are main keys)

Last edited by a moderator:
Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

Bud density plays the biggest roll on how high humidity should be..lol look that up

The last few weeks its always best, especially when dealing with indi leaners, to lower humidity to 30% lower if they can handle it ghani's fir sure could go even lower the last 2 weeks. They put on more resin to protect themselves. I have heard of people doing this 3 to 4 before chop. Varying success but still put more resin on...boy, ill stfu, nope!

Never meant to start an aurgument. Some guys just cant go without feeding into one though...to each their own....lol....i can spray a fucking special water, gave the recepie to a friend in WA state, hes never had any mold ever since getting it from me...oh, yeah, that was online too...you can create a protective barruer on the surface of the plant and crank the god dam hum up to 100% if you wanted to...gtfo and never have any mold issues...

Until im given intelligent info that i dont already know, then i can share info...to go and just blibbidy blabb it around makes no sense....do you have an idea of what water i am talking about?

Now the pest issue: if you knew anything about thrips you certainly dont want temps and humidity high...basic bug knowledge would tell you us that those conditions will blow up thrips numbers like crazy...you need to lower the temps...lately theres been some trolling or just people coming on the site to ask ?'s and leave....?'s they could simply do a search and figure out on their own...either they're crazies, or even funnier, people on here creating accts and trying to get activity going on this site...more activity means more money from advertisers....dont care either way...a simple search on this site or google will answer their ?'s.. i have little empathy for that dick around nonsense...

Remember environment is key to keeping bugs out or numbers down...it cant be aurgued...an interweb post can be held against you in a court of law...ANY!

Last edited:
D

Ditchpickle

Sorry guys dident mean to cause an argument. Just wanted a little advise on my plants. I appreciate everyone's opinion, I probably took a not so good photo making it hard to see what is going on with the plant. I did my best to try and do a search on not just this site but others and was unable to find a leaf that looked the same as the problem i am having.

Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

Funny thing is when peeps see spots, its "bugs", lol....not saying it isn't

Then, on the other hand, peeps dont check 100% before posting. If they did i'll bet 50%+ of the time they could solve it on their own. Not gripe'n, its good new peeps come here and ask ?'s better to research things too. That way they are not just relying on others, they too can help others!

Hope this becomes of you, helping others. Thanks

Sorry guys dident mean to cause an argument. Just wanted a little advise on my plants. I appreciate everyone's opinion, I probably took a not so good photo making it hard to see what is going on with the plant. I did my best to try and do a search on not just this site but others and was unable to find a leaf that looked the same as the problem i am having.

Nugteq

Nugteq

ditchpickle you most assuredly have bugs maybe spider mites maybe thrips although thrips are visible and small mites leave white spots or bitemarks on your leaves, and also some other issue is going on. could be PH or nute related or environment related. first get a handle on the bugs, isolate the infected plant and start treating with neem oil all your plants by spraying tops and bottoms of leaves thoroughly. if its a plant you don't care about it might be safest to simply throw the infected one away and treat all your other plants as if they're bugs even though they may not be showing signs of infection. hope that helps bro

Top Bottom