Hawai‘i Medical Marijuana Users Must Renew Certification By Dec. 12, Dps Says

• Thread starter LittleDabbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
The Hawai‘i Department of Public Safety are urging medical marijuana patients to renew their medical marijuana certifications by Dec. 12.

The medical marijuana program, as required in Act 177, is being transferred to the Department of Health, effective Jan. 1, 2015. There will be a planned blackout period from Dec. 12 to 31, 2014, in which no certifications will be issued to prepare for this transition.

According to DPS, certifications are good for 12 months and are issued yearly. Patients must possess a current certification that allows lawful cultivation, possession and use of marijuana for medical purposes.

This certification must be available to law enforcement officials at any time to avoid potential legal action. The Department of Health will honor all current Department of Public Safety medical marijuana certifications through their expiration date.

The current registration fee to receive a medical marijuana card from the Department of Public Safety is $25. In keeping with Act 177, commencing Jan. 1, 2015 medical marijuana applications will be submitted through an online process to the Department of Health and the registration fee will increase to $38.50 including the portal fee. Online payment will be available and is encouraged for faster services.

For questions about the transition, patients may call the Medical Marijuana Information Hotline for recorded messages at 733-2177. Toll free numbers have also been established for neighbor island residents: Hawaii Island residents may call 974-4000, ext. 32177; Maui residents may call 984-2400, ext. 32177; and Kauai residents may call 274-3141, ext. 32177. For the most up-to-date information, visit the new Department of Health, Medical Marijuana Program's website at health.hawaii.gov/medicalmarijuana.

http://www.kaleo.org/news/hawai-i-m...cle_a7f07b7a-7a84-11e4-8cba-c30eba32888a.html

Latest posts

Top Bottom