Health Check On My Firstborn

• Thread starter homiegrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

homiegrown

Hi folks,

I believe I'm about 4 weeks to chop, so I wanted to check in with some knowledgeable folks to ensure that this will be a bountiful harvest. I don't quite know the strain (strainly seller got deleted) but I think its Purple Sour Grape or Raspberry Pi.

Been feeding general hydro combo, kool bloom, cal mag, and flower fuel. 3 gal pot, under 1 gal of water per feeding.
Health check on my firstborn
Health check on my firstborn 2

Health check on my firstborn 3
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Its clawing...water less... I am going to assume you made a schedule when to water the plant?

H

homiegrown

The claw could also be too much nitrogen. I would also drop the calmag, along with only watering when the pot is light. Your plants don’t appear to need the calmag.
Thank you. For the most part I followed this video:

I will drop the cal mag, and reduce the watering. I think I kept adding it because it makes me feel more like a mad scientist. I love this. Thanks for the help.

H

homiegrown

Dreamy - yet to be honest I did fuck up a few times during this grow. I turned 4 others male lol

I had a powerful light VERY close for a while. By the time I learned, I lost a couple. After that, I installed a real ventilation system, upgraded to a 2k watt led and it's been roaring since.

FullSizeRender
Last edited:
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Dreamy - yet to be honest I did fuck up a few times during this grow. I turned 4 others male lol

I had a powerful light VERY close for a while. By the time I learned, I lost a couple. After that, I installed a real ventilation system, upgraded to a 2k watt led and it's been roaring since.

We’ve all been there. Why do you think you turned some plants male? You’d have to put them under a lot of stress to do that.

H

homiegrown

We’ve all been there. Why do you think you turned some plants male? You’d have to put them under a lot of stress to do that.
Temperature was running like 100-105, had lights REAL close. Just guessing, otherwise I have terrible luck (5/6 were males).

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Oops sorry that was meant for someone else.

I don’t think you made them male. They were genetically male from seed.

From seed it’s a crapshoot. You could pop 6 beans and all could be male or all could be female. That’s just how it is. I had two daughters. My parents had two sons.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Also you wouldn’t turn them male you would have made them hermie at worst. Which would have still made buds but would have also made seeds. So the fact that they were male means you were just unlucky (or lucky depends on how you look at it).

Enforcer

Enforcer

Thank you. For the most part I followed this video:

I will drop the cal mag, and reduce the watering. I think I kept adding it because it makes me feel more like a mad scientist. I love this. Thanks for the help.
So I finally had a chance to watch that video. IMO, not the best tips for growing. First off you absolutely need a ppm pen or some way to read EC. Otherwise you have no idea how strong your solution is. The problem with his schedule, is he probably developed it with his plants. Which doesn’t necessarily mean it will work for YOUR plants, in YOUR environment. Learn to grow by reading what the plant needs, and you will be able to adapt to the needs of any strain you decide to run.

Personally, I’ve tried several nute lines at this point. And the first thing I do is throw away their feed schedule.

Top Bottom