Heat Hlg 600 Quantum Vs 1000w Hps

• Thread starter MeanGreen420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FutureGrower

Maybe I'll pick up a couple Quantum 304 2700k for the next tent grow (or a Black Sun but it would need to be 360w). Then I can put the 200w CXB3590 in a new 4x2 tent for veg and move the 100w (67w) CXB3590 to a 2x2 for beanlings/clones. I'll make up for the loss of the 100w by lifting the 200w and turning the power from <70% up to 100% on the dimmer. Someone in the know told me that my 200w CXB3590 can veg up to 8 plants with enough headroom, reflective Mylar walls, and the 90 deg focus lenses removed. I should be able to pull off a 3 tent perpetual grow with a total wall draw under 500w. Ain't that some sh*t!?! My plan is the lights in each tent will never change. The bean tent set at 14-16hrs to increase fem %ages, the veg set to 18hrs, and the flower at a constant 12/12 when in use.

I think I got this. Just need to hustle up the chedda. Can still easily fit within my solar plans at 450-500w. Wouldn't even need to upgrade the 40-60a MPPT charge controller I'm buying to do it. Only a couple more 100w panels than I'd planned and a third 100ahr Mighty Max battery. So an extra half $k. Not bad.

Why not build your own light setup man? I bet you'd save at least 30% in cost. Just use angled aluminum for your frame... if you go with a strip build you can buy c channel aluminum for heat sinks. I haven't done this but everyone on forums more orientated around lightning is using the c channel.

But you really can't build your own qb, some people make custom printed circuit boards but screw that cost lol

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Maybe I'll pick up a couple Quantum 304 2700k for the next tent grow (or a Black Sun but it would need to be 360w). Then I can put the 200w CXB3590 in a new 4x2 tent for veg and move the 100w (67w) CXB3590 to a 2x2 for beanlings/clones. I'll make up for the loss of the 100w by lifting the 200w and turning the power from <70% up to 100% on the dimmer. Someone in the know told me that my 200w CXB3590 can veg up to 8 plants with enough headroom, reflective Mylar walls, and the 90 deg focus lenses removed. I should be able to pull off a 3 tent perpetual grow with a total wall draw under 500w. Ain't that some sh*t!?! My plan is the lights in each tent will never change. The bean tent set at 14-16hrs to increase fem %ages, the veg set to 18hrs, and the flower at a constant 12/12 when in use.

I think I got this. Just need to hustle up the chedda. Can still easily fit within my solar plans at 450-500w. Wouldn't even need to upgrade the 40-60a MPPT charge controller I'm buying to do it. Only a couple more 100w panels than I'd planned and a third 100ahr Mighty Max battery. So an extra half $k. Not bad.
Sounds really cool bubba. I'm liking how these led low watt from wall

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Why not build your own light setup man? I bet you'd save at least 30% in cost. Just use angled aluminum for your frame... if you go with a strip build you can buy c channel aluminum for heat sinks. I haven't done this but everyone on forums more orientated around lightning is using the c channel.

But you really can't build your own qb, some people make custom printed circuit boards but screw that cost lol

I buy mine prebuilt because I like their polish and I know how to find really good deals. I'm fully capable of building one if they sell the parts (barring the necessity of special machinery or processes for assembly) but was never able to find cases for my COBs. To get what I want it would cost more to DIY.

F

FutureGrower

I buy mine prebuilt because I like their polish and I know how to find really good deals. I'm fully capable of building one if they sell the parts (barring the necessity of special machinery or processes for assembly) but was never able to find cases for my COBs. To get what I want it would cost more to DIY.

Ahh that makes sense. Thanks for that info too, I've been going around and telling people with electrical knowledge to build their own COBs, hate giving out false info but at least I know now. Do you know if theres any crazy cheap strips too?

I'll be building a veg and probably a clone light soon to completely get rid of my cmh, but if I can save a few bucks... you know haha!

If you don't know of any don't spend your time looking them up I was just curious :)

P

Pass2TheLeft

Nice bro i run 54 x 3590s in a 16 by 12 tent over 6 plants seems to work well for me i really suppose it depends on the size of plants you do you could have way more than 8 plants per 3590 if you flower from cutting say in flood tables but i find 9x3590s cover a 5 by 5 space nicely for vegging you could get away with 4x3590s for a 5 by 5

P

Pass2TheLeft

I looked into building diy and sourcing all the components directly from the manufacturers which are mostly based in China including the top brands they're all made mostly in China now it worked out cheaper to import already made lights

P

Pass2TheLeft

If you buy directly from the manufacturer and cut out the middle man you can save over half the cost

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I looked into building diy and sourcing all the components directly from the manufacturers which are mostly based in China including the top brands they're all made mostly in China now it worked out cheaper to import already made lights

Exactly. Don't buy on Amazon go direct to Panda or order through Alibaba right? I want to order at bulk rates and sell to local growers at a mark up for the convenience, but still beat Amazon prices and no wait time.

P

Pass2TheLeft

Exactly. Don't buy on Amazon go direct to Panda or order through Alibaba right? I want to ordee at bulk rates and sell to local growers at a mark up for the convenience, but still beat Amazon prices and no wait time.
Yes alibaba contact the supplier directly you can even change the brand name to your own for resale

P

Pass2TheLeft

Yup, I saw that. I don't think it costs anything to do a custom name, or does it?
Not usually bro and there really easy to deal with i was very impressed with the service and of course the results infact the results amazed me 1st grow i did i compared hps to cobbs and was shocked when i looked under magnification at the trikes looked like double and the yield was every bit as good infact was slightly better

P

Pass2TheLeft

If i was to run 6x1000w hps in a 16 by 12 space id need ac aswell running fans etc etc your looking at around 9000w of power in total with cobbs theres no need to run a ac here so for the same area and yield with better quality im using 3300w plus 200w in fans so 3500w total for the same yield and better result theres simply no comparison

P

Pass2TheLeft

Yeah I ordered all my stuff on digi key came out to around $1 per watt for a .7a driven system so I'm not complaining too much lol. But cheaper is always better!
When i 1st looked into it bro companys here were selling 9x3590 units at $1300usd each only the rich could afford them i imported 6 units for $600usd from the same people the companys get them from here was a no brainer for cost saving lol

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

When i 1st looked into it bro companys here were selling 9x3590 units at $1300usd each only the rich could afford them i imported 6 units for $600usd from the same people the companys get them from here was a no brainer for cost saving lol
You think $760 to much for hlg 600 pre assembled with potentiometer installed? I compared to some other brand names and seems fairly cheap.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Not usually bro and there really easy to deal with i was very impressed with the service and of course the results infact the results amazed me 1st grow i did i compared hps to cobbs and was shocked when i looked under magnification at the trikes looked like double and the yield was every bit as good infact was slightly better
Any suggestions on a decent par meter?

Top Bottom