Heat Hlg 600 Quantum Vs 1000w Hps

• Thread starter MeanGreen420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hillwilliam

hillwilliam

I would probably be doing an off grid just to offset some of my electrical bills... I do have a battery backup that will run a computer for up to 24 hours but that's just because we get lots of power outages in winter... I think I may just invest in a quiet generator for now and see how that works out for me. The solar stuff honestly is the way to go though so maybe down the line I'll drop you a message!

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

You think $760 to much for hlg 600 pre assembled with potentiometer installed? I compared to some other brand names and seems fairly cheap.

If that's a 600w it's just a little on the high side but not unreasonable. The important thing is you being happy with your purchase. My COBs weren't cheap but I'm no less happy with my purchase now than when I bought them. They're saving me a huge amount of electricity, my plants are growing great, and though pricey, I didn't get ripped off.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

If that's a 600w it's just a little on the high side but not unreasonable. The important thing is you being happy with your purchase. My COBs weren't cheap but I'm no less happy with my purchase now than when I bought them. They're saving me a huge amount of electricity, my plants are growing great, and though pricey, I didn't get ripped off.
That's exactly what I thought. Can't wait to give the light needed without making it feel like the Sahara.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

That's exactly what I thought. Can't wait to give the light needed without making it feel like the Sahara.

I should also clarify...

I meant that it was pricey for a COB, not necessarily that fixture. I don't know what those run so it may actually be a good deal for that particular fixture. Not all fixtures are made alike. Like I said before, I like the polish of a prebuilt fixture. I'm willing to pay a little more for aesthetics and I did for some very beautiful, wellbuilt lights. I absolutely love the look of the Black Sun fixtures and I'm leaning toward one of those over Quantum for my next light purchase. I build computers and the Black Sun looks like my personal desktop PC ("Onyx") with it's black finish and glass skin.
20170814 060503
20170814 060519
Factory direct 270w actural power led grow

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

I should also clarify...

I meant that it was pricey for a COB, not necessarily that fixture. I don't know what those run so it may actually be a good deal for that particular fixture. Not all fixtures are made alike. Like I said before, I like the polish of a prebuilt fixture. I'm willing to pay a little more for aesthetics and I did for some very beautiful, wellbuilt lights. I absolutely love the look of the Black Sun fixtures and I'm leaning toward one of those over Quantum for my next light purchase. I build computers and the Black Sun looks like my personal desktop PC ("Onyx") with it's black finish and glass skin.
View attachment 835520 View attachment 835522 View attachment 835523
How many watts is that and compared to hps

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

How many watts is that and compared to hps

It's 275w, manufacturer says equivalent of 810w HPS. Cost $499 on Amazon w/Prime shipping, $230-$289 on Alibaba (depending in how many you order from Panda Grow/CF Grow/ShenZhen). You have to check with Panda to see what/if about shipping and if there are taxes & tariffs. Still, a whole lot cheaper than Amazon. I've never been charged taxes/tariffs when I've ordered electronics from China on Ebay, so maybe Alibaba works the same. I haven't bought through them yet. I'm sure Panda will be more than happy to answer your questions.

Looks like it's using comparable COBs to the CXB3590 but made cheaper in Korea. I'm definitely leaning towards this one next. They come in a bunch of different sises, styles, and COBs too, so check them all out before ordering.

https://m.alibaba.com/product/60806...-270W-COB-LED.html?spm=a277m.product-list.0.0
Screenshot 20181011 100631
Screenshot 20181011 100324
Screenshot 20181011 100334
Screenshot 20181011 100402
Screenshot 20181011 100710

Last edited:
P

Pass2TheLeft

Any suggestions on a decent par meter?
Sorry for the late reply i dont have a par meter yes they are better i do have a lux meter but i rarely use it i just fill my tent up anyway bro and let it go hard i only use my lux meter to adjust the light hight if it goes over 85k lux ive found during flowering higher than that can cause bleaching of your flowers looks cool but its not cool at all lol

R

Ramfired

My question is.... is anyone using hlg 600 quantum and could tell me if it's less heat than 1000w hps??? Having heat issues with hps, and want to switch to led if significant less heat. Thanks
Never heard of hlg 600 they have the new 550 v2 great light

Top Bottom