Heavy 16 In Hydro

• Thread starter Dr419
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dr419

I’m going to be starting a new run in hydro. H16 doesn’t recommend air stones. Anyone else running the H16 nute line in hydro? Airstones or no? Thanks!

KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

From what I have read about the product, they have what they call "root additives" I assume that's lingo for microbes... That's why I think they say no air stones... Air stones will make a big frothy mess when microbes are being used in your res... For that reason alone I stay clear of microbes and hydro. Even if the microbes are labeled for use in hydro. I've had nothing but frustration with microbes and hydro.

D

Dr419

Thanks for the reply. I’m using the air stones now and there’s a little froth but, not too bad. I’ve tried to contact customer service but, no answer yet. I didn’t think you could grow in rdwc without air stones?

KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

You can but that would require you to use H2O2 which would kill any microbes any way lol

chemistry

chemistry

Can't you use a main holding tank with airstones in and pump the frothless nuits round your rez's, that way your froth would stay in your main holding tank.

D

Dr419

Just spoke with a heavy 16 rep. They done recommend air stones if you’re using the prime and fire because it will gradually raise the ph.

Top Bottom