Hello All New Farmer Looking For Advice

• Thread starter Callipygous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Callipygous

Callipygous

I also think it's time to transplant. You'll be surprised at how quickly roots grow.
@SinCity I’m gonna give them a little bit more time and going to give transplanting a shot like you suggest. Waiting on some soil gear to arrive

Callipygous

Callipygous

I stand corrected...

yeah Necter is Calcium based but nectar is enzymatically digested so it is completely broken down
and you are right Calcium is considered a metal..most abundant metal on earth

my apologies... I dont think that makes it pure organic tho, if that was your hope..
Not sure about it being organic or what makes it organic if it is. I like how Scott Ostrander stands by his nutes, and explains with a scientific approach about how his nute line works. I’m definitely going to heed your advice and make sure I don’t have any nutrient toxicity showing up.

SinCity

SinCity

slinging greek and latin all over the place ;)

my bad re the bloom in the name...used to be that nutrient names would follow that veg/bloom split

SinCity

SinCity

oohhh-- i love alkaline earth metals! but let's remember that the element Calcium (Ca) is never found in nature as an isolate. Ca is highly binding, so we usually see it as calcium carbonate (CaCO3).

maybe that's why they're calling it a calcium-based system...the calcium compound would deliver the nitrogen and phosphorous molecules...but the desired ratio between the three would ultimately still be the same (you know chemistry and all that). i get what you're saying re urea and uric acid, but let's remember that aquatic organisms excrete pure ammonia as their nitrogenous waste...i know that company is a fish processor first and foremost...not saying they aren;t great! just talking chemistry

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

oohhh-- i love alkaline earth metals! but let's remember that the element Calcium (Ca) is never found in nature as an isolate. Ca is highly binding, so we usually see it as calcium carbonate (CaCO3).

maybe that's why they're calling it a calcium-based system...the calcium compound would deliver the nitrogen and phosphorous molecules...but the desired ratio between the three would ultimately still be the same (you know chemistry and all that). i get what you're saying re urea and uric acid, but let's remember that aquatic organisms excrete pure ammonia as their nitrogenous waste...i know that company is a fish processor first and foremost...not saying they aren;t great! just talking chemistry
and I almost wrote you off for a retard earlier...
Welcome to the farm..
On a brotherly level, it was because you offered up some bad advice earlier in the thread, and one thing mods, or older members hate, is some one new coming here sounding like a know it all from youtube videos..
So I can see you got some intelligence, or knowledge, so dont hurt your chances of becoming a potent member, and contributor by trying to jump into giving advice to quickly... Sit down, make your self at home, and just chat and get to know some more of the members.. Read, and follow certain threads and members,, and I can see you fitting in around here pretty well...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

hydro............

20180103 194155
Callipygous

Callipygous

Hydro seems cool, but I can’t see how I would get around not using ro/di water. Ro water is too wasteful for me unless you can capture that runoff and use somewhere else, I’m not a plumber so I don’t see that happening for me

SinCity

SinCity

and I almost wrote you off for a retard earlier...
Welcome to the farm..
On a brotherly level, it was because you offered up some bad advice earlier in the thread, and one thing mods, or older members hate, is some one new coming here sounding like a know it all from youtube videos..
So I can see you got some intelligence, or knowledge, so dont hurt your chances of becoming a potent member, and contributor by trying to jump into giving advice to quickly... Sit down, make your self at home, and just chat and get to know some more of the members.. Read, and follow certain threads and members,, and I can see you fitting in around here pretty well...

i absolutely hear you---as i read back on this thread especially

Callipygous

Callipygous

Nearly lights out, the red is nearly gone in my light recipe at this time a day. Took some more shots, lol I love growing (still very pink looking though) I think this is a forever hobby.

IMG 2099
IMG 2100
IMG 2101
IMG 2102
IMG 2103
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Hydro seems cool, but I can’t see how I would get around not using ro/di water. Ro water is too wasteful for me unless you can capture that runoff and use somewhere else, I’m not a plumber so I don’t see that happening for me
ro filter is 150 bucks.
My water bill went from 30 to 40...

Callipygous

Callipygous

ro filter is 150 bucks.
My water bill went from 30 to 40...
I know i'm probably gonna get my chops busted on this, but i meant like environmental waste haha. Don't shoot me, I've read that for every 1 gal of r/o water produced it dumps 3-4 gals of water to waste.
Maybe you could point me in the direction of a good system, because what I don't like is my tap water ppm after running it thru a catalytic carbon filter is 101ppm

Top Bottom